Tim Floyd Saving face today

SilentLurker

Liked Posts:

"Anyhow, I told Jerry Reinsdorf that day," Floyd said on the radio show, "I don't think Jerry [Krause] understands that these guys are basically the Beatles. This is the most popular franchise of all time. I said, 'If I'm you, I would not do this. Not even the following year. Let it die a natural death because there are certain teams and players that you just don't break up. I think these guys have earned the right to let it die its own death.'"

"Jerry Reinsdorf asked me, 'Tim, would you tell Jerry Krause what you told me in downtown Seattle about next year?'" Floyd said. "I told Jerry Krause, and he said you don't understand, I can't do it. I don't want to work with Phil again. I said, 'Why don't you work downtown and let Phil work out of the other place [facility]?' Y'all just stay the hell away from each other because it's working."

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's like the stuff people knew 20 years ago became forgotten and we needed someone to remind everyone.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Man the Floyd years were a disaster.. dude had a .2 winning percentage

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Krause was sick of not getting any credit, so instead of taking what was given to him, he threw that weeble wobble weight around so he could be credited for building a team post Jordan. I liked the part where Tim Floyd was invited to the Krause wedding, but Phil was not. Phil wanted to be coach and GM, not have Krause in the way.

That was why I said I wonder what really happened to drive mike away cuz they would have taken 9 straight. Imagine the Glory Krause would have taken for that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This statement is going to unglue some of the sandy vags, but .....The sad truth is, Tim Floyd isn't anywhere near as bad of a coach, as his record showed. If you watch those games, he was on par with most of the NBA with his plays, time outs, substitutions, and of course, the bonehead moves all coaches take risks on from time to time.

Krause set him up for failure to start, then he gave him nothing but a team FULL of development projects. You need rebar and portland to build a solid foundation, not just a bunch of eager guys with tiny shovels.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
That was why I said I wonder what really happened to drive mike away cuz they would have taken 9 straight. Imagine the Glory Krause would have taken for that.
LOL. lets not get carried away. That means they would have won until 2004. Let's not forget we found out in 2002 that father time caught up with michael.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I would agree with @Crystallas’ assessment of Floyd’s coaching. He did ok at USC. I imagine he was an awful recruiter.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well the possible accessory to murder charge drove him away for 18 months.