Tim Hardaway to the Hall of Fame?

Liked Posts:
Tim Hardaway – Hall of Famer?

Hearing more and more whispers about Chicago's proudest son Tim Hardaway being enshrined in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I love Timmy Hardaway, is there anyone on here who actually thinks he deserves to be in the Basketball Hall of Fame!?

Kevin Johnson had superior stats in his best years than Hardaway did - AND KJ went to the Finals.

If you ask me, if you put Hardaway in, you've got to put KJ in too, who had superior stats and who went to the finals.

But neither in my mind should get in.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tim Hardaway is not Chicago's proudest son. He is not even the best NBA player to come from Chicago. That's Isiah Thomas.

I like Kevin Johnson a lot more personally than I do Tim Hardaway (homophobic asshole), but it's hard to say who was better. Both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, not a lot to choose from... The hall is reaching for Hardaway... Guess he never impressed me.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anthony Davis is currently Chicago's proudest son. :smug:

antdavis_1.jpg

Liked Posts:
Hou is Chicago's proudest son.

Tim Hardaway is not Chicago's proudest son. He is not even the best NBA player to come from Chicago. That's Isiah Thomas.

I like Kevin Johnson a lot more personally than I do Tim Hardaway (homophobic asshole), but it's hard to say who was better. Both deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My vote for favorite son would be Johnny "red" Kerr. Went to Tilden Tech (was near Midway)... NBA player, Bulls announcer for years...

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In my opinion, Hardaway is about as close to a Hall of Famer can get without getting in. He was an elite point guard up until he went to Dallas. He consistently put up 20/10 numbers and performed close to the same level during the post season (16/7).

The problem is, he never led his teams to an NBA Final, let alone a championship. He was also never even the best player on any of his teams. I'd argue Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin on Golden State and Alonzo Mourning were both better players. You also have to consider the fact that he may have never been in the top 3 at his position during his tenure (guys like Isaiah Thomas, John Stockton, Kevin Johnson, Gary Payton, etc, all played during the same time.)

If Hardaway does get the call, I wouldn't be surprised. I just personally don't think the entire resume is there.