Time for Kane/Toews accept fate

Granada

Liked Posts:
That's good to hear. Every publication/blogger is ripping the Hawks for the lack of returns on the trades, although the Dach trade wasn't awful
It seems like the biggest issue people have with the Debrincat trade is that an Ottawa prospect wasn't thrown into the mix. They supposedly have a ton a promising prospects. I feel like certain analysts are overblowing the trade. Sure, it would have been nice to get a prospect, but does one prospect make or break the trade? I'd say no. Many remove the context of Davidson's strategy, which isn't just a rebuild, but a complete tear down. When you view it through that lens, in addition to the fact that Debrincat will command an insane salary once his contract is up in a year, Davidson's options and leverage weren't as unlimited as people assumed.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Seabrook is still on the books right?
No, his contract was traded to Tampa. Keith will be on the books for the next two years due to his retirement, but the the second/last year is only for 1.9 million.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's good to hear. Every publication/blogger is ripping the Hawks for the lack of returns on the trades, although the Dach trade wasn't awful
Most of those "experts" are on the same journalism level of Geraldo and Al Capone's vault.

Yeah, we should have gotten more for Debrincat, but the moves made were the moves you make in a rebuild with a generational draft coming up and us having a buttload of picks. Tank out and really restock.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Most of those "experts" are on the same journalism level of Geraldo and Al Capone's vault.

Yeah, we should have gotten more for Debrincat, but the moves made were the moves you make in a rebuild with a generational draft coming up and us having a buttload of picks. Tank out and really restock.
Exactly.

A lot of the so called “experts” are not addressing the huge increase in salary for Cat next year, or his money contract he most definitely deserves.

Come on. Holtz, Mercer, the second overall and next years first from the Devils? McDavid doesn’t get that much in return and he’s on another level if not three from Cat.

Alex DeBrincat is a great player. Nobody is saying different. But in a cap league where stars are banking 10% of the cap alone, he wasn’t worth much more then what the Hawks got.

Let’s see what he does away from Kane. I’m skeptical of this delusion that Sens fans think Stutzle is on the same level as Kane and will gift Cat easy tap ins the way Kane could. Kane earned that much respect and the jury is still out if Stutz can be that type of player and I like the kid.

And to be honest, the more I hear about Korchinski, the more I’m liking the kid. This guy was third overall on most defenseman rankings for the draft and his skating is far, far better then Jiricek.

Skating is becoming the biggest stock right now thru out the nhl. The biggest thing, imo, is letting these kids develop. There is absolutely no reason to rush any of these kids for the next three drafts. Give them time, let the tire fire burn, and bring these kids along slowly.

If you lose Cat, but gain Bedard, ain’t nobody here gonna be crying over it in a couple years.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Toews likely won’t get traded until TDL and he’ll need to at least score a bit more than last year to garner any interest which might be difficult with how the rest of the team is shaping up.

Kane you could move now, but he would need to want to move. He might be more inclined to only want to go at the TDL with a young child at home. This way he’s only gone for a couple months.

Either way you’re not getting more than late first rounders for either of them. Toews more than likely gets you a conditional pick like the MAF return. Kane will get you a 1st and a good prospect for sure. The key is not these returns but the Hawks’ own first rounder.

As of right now, they already have 2 picks in each of the first three rounds next year in a deep draft. Throw in at least another 1st and possibly 2nd for Kane and anything for Toews is gravy.

Keep in mind that the Hawks will likely sign a couple vets in FA that they can potentially flip for more draft picks. Essentially the 2023 draft will either make or break the rebuild.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Toews on the Leafs gets them out the first round.

Love Auston Matthews, but if the Leafs are up one goal with a minute left with a faceoff in their own zone they’re bringing out Toews for that final minute.

Toews gets a first round pick with 50% retained. Just wait until next years deadline. Teams will be lining up for him and pulling Injury gymnastics if they’re over the cap.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They can prob get better return at the trade deadline but I’m making the moves now to dump them if possible. Go into the season with as much of a poverty team as possible.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Toews on the Leafs gets them out the first round.

Love Auston Matthews, but if the Leafs are up one goal with a minute left with a faceoff in their own zone they’re bringing out Toews for that final minute.

Toews gets a first round pick with 50% retained. Just wait until next years deadline. Teams will be lining up for him and pulling Injury gymnastics if they’re over the cap.
I didn’t think Dach could get a first maybe you’re right to the right team toews holds value. Bowman was trading first round picks left and right when we were legit cup contenders im sure other teams will as well

Granada

Liked Posts:

Not sure if source is legit. Would ny be a team that would be interested in him?
I don't see why they wouldn't be interested. New York has been a team that has been floated by many legitimate and sketchy sources, but that's because it makes sense. New York went on a big run this year in the playoffs, coming back from two 3-1 series deficits, that's unheard of in the NHL. They have a stud goalie in Systerkin. They just didn't have the depth and Panarin (again) seemed to go ice cold against Tampa. You add Kane into that mix and they become all the dangerous.

New York is closer to Buffalo which is Kane's home town. Original 6 franchise. Phenomenal city other than the weather, which Kane is used to. Sure he knows a ton of people there. He'll have Panarin, and we all know what they can do together. He won't add to the franchise record but he'll continue to add to his own individual records, has a chance at the Cup, and has real players to play with. It's a bit of a no-brainer.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I said in another thread that Davidson was forcing both Toews and Kane out by putting together a trash team....knowing how they hate to lose. The reuniting of Kaner and Breadman would be sweet but the Rangers were good already....with Kaner, they'll be one of the top teams. Hawks will need to get far more back than the 30th pick or so next year. I don't care how deep the draft is.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
I said in another thread that Davidson was forcing both Toews and Kane out by putting together a trash team....knowing how they hate to lose. The reuniting of Kaner and Breadman would be sweet but the Rangers were good already....with Kaner, they'll be one of the top teams. Hawks will need to get far more back than the 30th pick or so next year. I don't care how deep the draft is.
I’d be more then happy with the Rags first and Kakko

Granada

Liked Posts:
It's really hard to get a read on Davidson here. He's essentially saying there's still a place for both Toews and Kane, if they want it. Maybe it's just typical GM Bull-shit speak, but still, this article makes it sound like he'd be fine retaining them at least for the near future.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's really hard to get a read on Davidson here. He's essentially saying there's still a place for both Toews and Kane, if they want it. Maybe it's just typical GM Bull-shit speak, but still, this article makes it sound like he'd be fine retaining them at least for the near future.

I'm fine with that. They've earned the respect of deciding if they want to stay or go, especially when the only real bearing it will have is on their own career. There are benefits of the them being here and benefits for trading them. It's very smart for him to leave the door open and keep the decision solely on the player. Last thing a new GM wants to do is be known for running the last two HOF players out of town.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too. These are the two biggest stars this team has had since the 80's and were the prime players in easily the most successful decade in team history. He wants the seperation to go down respectably and very amicably.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Rangers have young nhl ready pieces to make it happen.

hawks need to snag Kaapo Kakko and Lafreniere as the starting pieces in trade
I think the ny ship has sailed in the near term after their fa splurge. Maybe around trade deadline they would want someone to “put them over the top” and at less salary. In the near term who else would be players for Kane?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Between what they meant to this team and having nmc really can’t say anything else other than that. They pretty much hold all the cards to their futures

KBIB

Liked Posts:

I think it’s typical GM bullshit speak.

I mean, he really can’t say “you know, these guys who were huge pieces in bring this team three Cups need to drop their move clauses so I can do my thing”, and I’m sure Rocky told him not to alienate the two biggest stars this team has seen since Savard. (Sorry JR fans)

So I think he’s pushing them out the GM way by getting rid of everyone around them.

Seriously, if Toews told fans not to go to games I think a lot of them wouldn’t. These two are icons