Time for Kane/Toews accept fate

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason to be here. Toews should go help Keith and return to Canada. Give that Edmonton team a defensive 3rd or 4th line and face off flexibility,

Kane should make a list of 5 and go to highest bidder.

I can’t believe the dream of one franchise career is worth this.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Both are going to be trade deadline moves, imo.

They will get first round picks for next years draft.

Granada

Liked Posts:

Agreed. I certainly hope they would get first rounds -- for Kane, definitely. For Toews? That's a bit more of a question mark.

Rask, I think that's essentially the plan here -- to give Toews and Kane all the more reason to get out of dodge.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I see Toews leaving but Kaner staying. I think the allure of having the franchise records may be enough to keep Kane here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

How does next year's draft class look? Stacked or meh?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Definitely do everything in their power to get the number one over all pick

That's good to hear. Every publication/blogger is ripping the Hawks for the lack of returns on the trades, although the Dach trade wasn't awful

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This stinks of salary dump/don't want to sign big contract ext. Cat and Dach are still young enough for the rebuild.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Definitely do everything in their power to get the number one over all pick
Top three minimum.

Bedard is generational. So is Michkov. Fantilli isn’t that far behind either.

The Hawks minimum need a top three pick.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stacked is an understatement.

Probably the best draft class depth in history

But what could Kane & Toews conceivably fetch in a trade? The teams that would want them will probably be contending for the Cup, so a 1st would be a late round 1st correct?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
But what could Kane & Toews conceivably fetch in a trade? The teams that would want them will probably be contending for the Cup, so a 1st would be a late round 1st correct?
A 1st rounder for Kane, agreed, but Toews has negative contract value, not getting back anything for him without retaining significant salary.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A 1st rounder for Kane, agreed, but Toews has negative contract value, not getting back anything for him without retaining significant salary.

Seabrook is still on the books right?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yes, but at least they’re in a good position to do just that. Eat all the salary and improve the return.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Toews will fetch a first.

Let’s be realistic- Toews was complete ass the beginning of last year but started to become Toews towards the end. A Cup contender will gladly pay a first next year for a guy with his pedigree at shutting down teams top lines when it counts.

This team right now can absorb cap. Toews at 50% retained would be an over the top move for any team looking to win a Cup. He still flips the ice with possession just with his faceoff ability alone. Toews with one job, stopping another teams top line, would be a luxury any contender would want and well worth a 5 million cap hit.

Toews has been over rated so long he’s now under rated.

And even a late first next year is valuable. You are looking at potential top six forwards with high floors two rounds deep. I’d gladly take a late first or high second for that matter for Toews.

The biggest positive in all this is Davidson knows he’s staring one good draft(2022), one unreal draft(2023) and one great draft(2024) right in the eyes and rebuilding at the right time. I’ve been saying all along tanking for Bedard is the best move for this franchise and now the Hawks have put themselves in a great position by shuttling away all the talent that will keep them in that bottom half of the top ten instead of fully embracing being bad for a couple years.

I officially stop being a hawks fan if they get the first overall pick next year and don’t take Bedard

gopher72

Liked Posts:
I see Toews leaving but Kaner staying. I think the allure of having the franchise records may be enough to keep Kane here.
Records instead of a chance to play with a winner and a shot at another ring? Hmmmm.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
And whomever is the hawks writer on this site;

Strome and Kubalik aren’t going to be qualified. That means you can’t trade their rights because they will be unrestricted free agents. Nobody is trading for Dylan Strome even if he was on a sweetheart deal.

Plz, learn a few things about hockey.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Records instead of a chance to play with a winner and a shot at another ring? Hmmmm.
Well……

Having records on original six teams when you already have three cups on your resume isn’t something to sneeze at, just saying.

Kane going down in history as the GOAT Blackhawk would make him an all time great on the same level as Lemieux or Orr.

I said it.