Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Time to sell some assets, even for dimes on the dollar vs original cost for a few more picks.

Foles for a 6/7, hell give him away, it saves $1.3 M in cap this season and $8M next. Just get him off the cap!
Ant Mill a 5/6
possibly ARIII for a 2/3 would leave a hole but you could then go get a younger cheap guy to fill that and develop with JFF.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Foles could be cut after June 1, and only add 1Mil to the cap if he can't be traded. Bridgewater only got a 6th and he's probably better and would be cheaper than taking on Foles' contract. So, I don't think anyone is going to give up anything for him. Miller also is probably traded by tomorrow. Thinking a 6th, hoping for a 5th.

Bears have to cut space to sign the draft picks, so they could do any or ALL of the following:

1. Cut Leno after June 1. Saves 9M. Probably would only happen if the Bears get one of the top remaining OTs in the 2nd.
2. Cut Graham. Saves 7M.
3. Cut Hicks. Saves 10.5M. Think they would have to draft a DL today for them to feel comfortable cutting Hicks.
4. Trade Robinson. Saves 18M. Don't think an extension is going to happen. So trade is only way to clear cap. Probably would have to get at least 1 pick today to potentially replace him.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Foles could be cut after June 1, and only add 1Mil to the cap if he can't be traded. Bridgewater only got a 6th and he's probably better and would be cheaper than taking on Foles' contract. So, I don't think anyone is going to give up anything for him. Miller also is probably traded by tomorrow. Thinking a 6th, hoping for a 5th.

Bears have to cut space to sign the draft picks, so they could do any or ALL of the following:

1. Cut Leno after June 1. Saves 9M. Probably would only happen if the Bears get one of the top remaining OTs in the 2nd.
2. Cut Graham. Saves 7M.
3. Cut Hicks. Saves 10.5M. Think they would have to draft a DL today for them to feel comfortable cutting Hicks.
4. Trade Robinson. Saves 18M. Don't think an extension is going to happen. So trade is only way to clear cap. Probably would have to get at least 1 pick today to potentially replace him.
i think they should go OT with the 2nd rounder, then you can trade back with the 3rd and add a pick....grab a CB or WR and after you cut Leno you'll have cap money to grab a veteran of any position to shore up

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Time to sell some assets, even for dimes on the dollar vs original cost for a few more picks.

Foles for a 6/7, hell give him away, it saves $1.3 M in cap this season and $8M next. Just get him off the cap!
Ant Mill a 5/6
possibly ARIII for a 2/3 would leave a hole but you could then go get a younger cheap guy to fill that and develop with JFF.
Yea no on trading Robinson less than a day after grabbing your next franchise QB. We need to surround him with talent, not trade talent away.

Foles for a 6th to the Eagles would be nice.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If you aren’t saving cap money this year it makes nonsense to cup Foles this year because you’d have to pay another 3rd QB. Just cut him next year.

And I doubt CHI would cut their starting left tackle even if they drafted one in the 2nd round without the rookie ever have taken a snap or even practiced.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you aren’t saving cap money this year it makes nonsense to cup Foles this year because you’d have to pay another 3rd QB. Just cut him next year.

And I doubt CHI would cut their starting left tackle even if they drafted one in the 2nd round without the rookie ever have taken a snap or even practiced.
Most teams only carry two QBs on their active roster.

Agree on the 2nd point though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

You don't HAVE to pay another QB. The Bears have typically only carried 2, first of all. Secondly, they could add a developmental guy as QB3. UDFA or 6th round pick in this draft.

And I think they Bears should cut their starting LT. Leno isn't terrible, but he's also not that great. They also talk up Alex Bars a lot. If they really like Bars as much as they say, and they project him to be able to play LT, then they should be fine with Bars and a guy like Cosmi.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yea no on trading Robinson less than a day after grabbing your next franchise QB. We need to surround him with talent, not trade talent away.

Foles for a 6th to the Eagles would be nice.

Eagles have Flacco. Atlanta could use a veteran backup, they have no other QB unless they draft one