My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Exactly. You get what you pay for...

LongtimeCubfan

Liked Posts:
He is no worse than all the other starters with the exception of Kyle. None of them are overpowering and, unless they hit their spots 100% of the time (which is literally impossible), opposing players use them like batting practice pitchers.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ross was saying, Well we are resetting the rotation with the off day. I don't know who would start if we bumped him out of the rotation.

Side not Abbott pitching ATM. %K through 2 IP. He is one that I would consider. Speaking of that Nico leading off today at Iowa.

I think that they need to just get back to basics right now.

1. Promote Nico. Demote Ortega
2. Reset the line up: Bryant and Rizzo are day to day so not including them.

Hoerner 2B
Heyward RF
Contreras C
Pederson LF
Wisdom 1B
Happ CF
Baez SS
Sogard 3B

With the off day the rotation should run Mills, Alzolay, Hendricks, vs Cin. Phillies then July 5-8 at home for a 4 game set.
Finishing off with STL for 3 games. So with this in mind we are talking about 1 game vs Philly (6 July) then the final game vs the Cards on the 11th.

RHP Trevor Williams (appendectomy)
Expected return:
Second half
Williams worked two shutout innings in his first Minor League rehab start with Triple-A Iowa on June 27. The righty struck out two and finished with 32 pitches (22 strikes). The Cubs have been pleased by Williams' progress since he underwent an appendectomy in late May, but his return date is still unknown. (Last updated: June 28)

LHP Justin Steele (right hamstring strain)
Expected return:
Early July
Steele threw 13 pitches (seven strikes) in one inning in his first Minor League rehab outing with Triple-A Iowa on June 27. The lefty allowed one home run, but manager David Ross said the reliever reached 95 mph in an appearance full of "good signs." (Last updated: June 28)

Make that 6 SO's on Abbott.

IDK why not IMO. Bring up Abbott and Steel demote Adam Morgan and DFA Arrieta.

Apr 3-3 4.31 ERA 1.31 WHIP
May 2-2 4.58 ERA 1.53 WHIP
June 0-3 8.31 ERA 1.98 WHIP

That is enough info to go by to say shit can him. It has gone worse every month.

Then I would piggy back Abbott and Steel. I'm thinking that Abbott has shown enough to get a opportunity to prove it is not just AAA scrubs that you are punking around. Or is the stuff legit.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
8 strike outs now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
10 in 5 IP. puts him at 64 SO in 41.1 IP 13.94 SO/9

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Kyle was a number 3 starter in the past and now he is are ace that should say everything about this rotation.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
Never should of signed the bum to begin with
Bum? He tossed 2 no hitters, hit a fucking home run against SF in the LDS, and helped carry the Cubs to. W.S. Victory. GFY. You sound like the whackjob complaining in starbucks that 1 of their items has 1 additive wrong . "Excuse me! Excuse Me! You added only 2 shots and not 3 to my strawberry smoothie. Hello?! Anyone Home? This is wrong!!"

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
Kyle has improved over that span.
Kyle is a damn good pitcher that is the type to win a cy young at 35 and still recieve votes at 40+. Career era+ of 129. Career FIP of 3.66. 1.9 bb/9, 7.5 so/9, and a 3.9 so to bb ratio..... for his career. You, sir, need to get off the train that everyone needs to throw 100 mph and strike a ton out. You have no idea how lucky the Cubs are to have a reliable arm that is Cy Young capable who can last a long time. #Greg Maddux. Hahah i quoted the wrong person

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bum? He tossed 2 no hitters, hit a fucking home run against SF in the LDS, and helped carry the Cubs to. W.S. Victory. GFY. You sound like the whackjob complaining in starbucks that 1 of their items has 1 additive wrong . "Excuse me! Excuse Me! You added only 2 shots and not 3 to my strawberry smoothie. Hello?! Anyone Home? This is wrong!!"

yeah, bum as in he is currently a bum and washed up pitcher

you’re talking stuff that happened 5+ years ago. Yeah, he USED to be good. But he hasn’t been good in years. It was obvious to 99% of people he had next to nothing or nothing to give a MLB team in 2021

you sound like a fan boy that happily pays players for past production like a fool

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kyle is a damn good pitcher that is the type to win a cy young at 35 and still recieve votes at 40+. Career era+ of 129. Career FIP of 3.66. 1.9 bb/9, 7.5 so/9, and a 3.9 so to bb ratio..... for his career. You, sir, need to get off the train that everyone needs to throw 100 mph and strike a ton out. You have no idea how lucky the Cubs are to have a reliable arm that is Cy Young capable who can last a long time. #Greg Maddux. Hahah i quoted the wrong person
He ain't that great. Maddux is one of the all time best pitchers. Hendricks actually learned from him when Greg was talking pitching when Kyle was at AA. They got into fastball discussion and the rest is history.

Kyle is great in his own way. For a guy with college level velocity he had maxed out his potential.

But talent will always be his crux. Think of Maddux being Jake's velocity and action on his sinker with Kyle's brain attached. That is Maddux.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How long ago did he hit a home run in the LDS? When were the Cubs last in the WS? The word “Bum” is not a bad word to describe him today.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jake showed something new with his reworked approach. But eventually hitters will sit on that sinker and wreck it like any other pitch.

I see Apr as hitters were not expecting this from Jake. But with time teams adjusted to him and every month his numbers got worse.

Now Jake would not be this bad if he increased his change up frequency.

He is basically a 2 pitch pitcher. Fastball with a tail action then slider.

What he needs is to bring back the cutter. And up his change up usage. After that it is all about creating tunnels and mixing his 4 pitches through them.

He is doing what Adbert was doing except it was with the sinker vs a slider. Hitters will expect it and adjust off of it.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
What is sad is this. The production that he had for us, yet is still called a bum. Thats some negative language for a pitcher who has tons of positive history with the club. Yes, he isnt the pitcher he used to be. Whats concerning are the fans that call him a "bum." Now, Jay Cutler is a bum. He never did anything for the Bears. To say someone like Arrieta is a bum is inaccurate. Thats some negative language to use. Sounds vengeful and hateful. Maybe we should have never had him on the team to begin with. Maybe we should have never won the World Series. Then, we never would have the opportunity to yell "GTFO of town Bryant" or "Arrieta you are a bum! Go retire." Its like you feel that im still calling Arrieta a Cy Young caliber pitcher. No he is not. But, im not going to bash him and call him a bum because he cannot pitch like he used to. Thats spiteful and I feel you are projecting your lack of talents in life onto him. Stfu and play nice. If he really is a bum, then you are all bums that got cut from the high school team. Raise of hands, how many people here havebeen able to compete on the level of a professional athlete? How many here have actually trained and dedicated their lives to the possibility of becoming a professional? How many of your friends are professional athletes that you've helped train with for 8+ hours a day? Its fucking annoying. P.s. Jay Cutler is a fucking bum bum bum.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Someone sure sounds like a snowflake getting triggered over the word “bum.”

P.S. - I’d be the first person to call myself a “bum” when it comes to being a major league pitcher

Snicker_Dickens

Liked Posts:
Not being what you are used to is different than being a bum. Milton Bradley was a bum and he didnt ever contribute to anyone outside of 1 year. He also fucked up a ton. He must have had adhd. But he is a bummer, not Jake

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Someone sure sounds like a snowflake getting triggered over the word “bum.”

P.S. - I’d be the first person to call myself a “bum” when it comes to being a major league pitcher

That is the reason why Jed signed him. Feel goods after trading a real ace. Give them the blow up doll ace.