Time to end the "Arrietta Homecoming Experiment"

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not being what you are used to is different than being a bum. Milton Bradley was a bum and he didnt ever contribute to anyone outside of 1 year. He also fucked up a ton. He must have had adhd. But he is a bummer, not Jake

Jake is typical of late bloomers. Short shelf life.

He is washed up. Jed tried the back rub effect to the fan base. Ya we sold Yu for lotto tax and got back a MOR. But look I got Jake back. You love me long time now right? No. OK now I pull next trick out of bag. I start Adbert. You love me now right?

The difference between 2020 and 21?

Both teams couldn't hit.
2020 Yu was a pace setter. Even with the 3-5 in turmoil he set the pace and the team fed off of it.

This year Kyle has made a strong run after a forgettable April. But he just lacks that level of dominance a ace brings. That is why his peak is a #2.

Even with a stronger pen and the same shotty offense last year was stronger because of Yu.

We can blame a lot of thi gs. But the one true lacking is a tone setter.

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That said I believe the Cubs are in a better place right now. They have 4 top 100 prospects and the pitching upwelling is the best that this fan base has ever seen.

100%. Their farm isn’t a disaster like it was at the start of the previous rebuild. If you trade these guys at the deadline, the cubs could be in a really sweet position in a couple years with prospects on the come up in bunches…and lots of room in the payroll budget with no long term bad contracts holding them back at all. It’s not doom and gloom by any means

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya. If it is me I would go after that lefty this deadline with Amaya as the chip. Then trade Davies. Jake cut and promote Abbott.

Pen trade Kimbrel and promote Leeper. Promote Ethan Roberts to Iowa to close.

Now the line up they have to trade Bryant at this point. Let him and Kimbrel wear Cubs gear for the ASG then deal them both after.

The sad part is this team wouldn't change much with these alterations. But what it does is gets some youth filtered in and a lefty with 4 years of control to stabilize the rotation while it goes through growing pains.

This team can have a quick turn over. Davis looks like he could goto Iowa after the break. His skills still play up after the promotion.

The part that bothers me is the lack of noise coming from Marquez. He has not thrown a pitch at any level and I feel that it is just wasting time. That is why I would make that trade with Seattle. I don't expect Marquez being rushed at all. They are sitting on him right now so it makes far more sense to trade from strength to fill that void. The Cubs have Hearn at MB and is a LH mashing catcher. I see him pushing up the rankings next. So there is no great need to hold onto Amaya.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the memories Jake. Time to go

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I've said it for a while. Bring back the cutter and up his change up use.

2 pitch starters get wrecked in the majors.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What good teams do.

The White Sox have designated outfielder Adam Eaton for assignment, the team announced.

What bad teams do.

"I've seen him at his best and what he's been able to do," Ross said. "I still feel like there's a better version of him in there somewhere. I think it's on him, and us, to try to figure out how to unlock that. I've seen too many good outings to believe this version of him.
"And maybe that's me being naive, but I know there's more in there. The [radar] gun says pretty good numbers. This guy's meant so much to the franchise, and to me, personally, that it's a hard thing for me to wrap my brain around."

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Jake has been placed on the IL with a case of the suckings