Time to Pick and Garrett is available....

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
In a highly unexpected move...
- The Browns brass makes the decision to draft Trubisky #1
- In a highly unexpected move.... the 49ers trade out of the spot with The Raiders... who then go and make Leonard Fournette the surprise pick

The Bears are on the clock what do you?
a) Draft Garrett
b) Draft Watson
c) Trade Down... picking up an extra 2nd, 3rd and 1st from 2018... but it would leave you with no chance to draft Watson or Garret. Who would you pick?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
You are the one who's pretty darn accurate most of the time with your crystal ball,why don't you tell us?

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Garrett is the pick. Run to the podium waving the draft card like Charley Bucket running home with the golden ticket, and smile knowing that we can make Aaron Rodgers miserable for two games a year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
im probably taking Garret but Watson down the road would be the bigger impact. Damn torn on this scenario lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It's funny, the most rabid thread creator in this forum is Windy (the entire website is Dez), but he's an anomaly in that I don't want to troll his threads. This one, not so much. My desire to troll this one is quite high.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I am confused. We just watched Fangio converting an entire 4-3 roster to his 3-4, but the top 3 defensive linemen in this draft are all 4-3 guys. Myles, Soloman and Allen.

Stick with Adams and get a Mike Brown back in Navy finally. Lattimore next. If they trade down please get the best OT in the draft, should be somewhere around 15.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
- In a highly unexpected move.... the 49ers trade out of the spot with The Raiders... who then go and make Leonard Fournette the surprise pick

a) Draft Garrett
b) Draft Watson
c) Trade Down... picking up an extra 2nd, 3rd and 1st from 2018... but Watson it would leave you with no chance to draft Watson or Garret. Who would you pick?

I think that this would probably be the best ever chance to make a trade down considering the value of Garrett who is the best player in the draft. I could see teams giving up a first and second this year along with a first next year as well as other mid range picks this and next year. For a team like ours with so many needs, this would be a heavensent opportunity.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
grab whomever the Bears have rated higher on the board. If it's me, I grab Garrett and don't think twice about it.

Edit: Hawk makes a good point. With Garrett still on the board, some team will be willing to give a lot to trade up and draft him

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think that this would probably be the best ever chance to make a trade down considering the value of Garrett who is the best player in the draft. I could see teams giving up a first and second this year along with a first next year as well as other mid range picks this and next year. For a team like ours with so many needs, this would be a heavensent opportunity.

This would be the only trade out of #3 I'd be in favor of

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am confused. We just watched Fangio converting an entire 4-3 roster to his 3-4, but the top 3 defensive linemen in this draft are all 4-3 guys. Myles, Soloman and Allen.

Stick with Adams and get a Mike Brown back in Navy finally. Lattimore next. If they trade down please get the best OT in the draft, should be somewhere around 15.
I agree with you but in this case there will be plenty of team blowing up the phone to take Garrett. With Thomas, Garrett, Hooker, Fournette, Allen, Adams, Lattimore, and Barnett still on the board we could move down to 10 and still get a great player plus an extra 1st, 2nd, and 3r rounder which should translate into at least 3 great players for passing on Garrett.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
When was the last time a team traded two firsts for a defensive player?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Garrett immediately gives the defense another weapon. However,if the Saints offer both 1sts(#11 and #32) and a 2nd,I'd have to consider it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I'm not sure.

Allen is born to play 3-tech in a 4-3, that one is for sure.

Solomon I don't know where he fits because he's such a tweener. Probably also a better 4-3 lineman. I really hate him as a first round pick in this defense.

Garrett can easily play edge in our defense, and can be a three-down player without an issue.

To the OP, my answer to the question is b).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Garrett immediately gives the defense another weapon. However,if the Saints offer both 1sts(#11 and #32) and a 2nd,I'd have to consider it.

I don't think that's likely. Has any team ever given up a blockbuster multi-first round pick package to move up for a non-QB? I don't see it.

Liked Posts:
Isn't Garrett a once a decade type of pass rusher? If he falls to us I figure Pace couldn't get that card in quick enough, you have to take him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

a) Draft Garrett
b) Draft Watson
c) Trade Down... picking up an extra 2nd, 3rd and 1st from 2018... but it would leave you with no chance to draft Watson or Garret. Who would you pick?

If you pick someone other than Garrett without trading down and stockpiling picks, you're not getting it.

Pace gets it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't think that's likely. Has any team ever given up a blockbuster multi-first round pick package to move up for a non-QB? I don't see it.

Mick, the Falcons made a move like that for Julio Jones.