Time Travel - Where would you go? What would you do?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you could travel through time and space to the past, the future (trippy), or even the fucking present (WAY trippy) , what would you do?

Would you go back in time to kill Hitler or Payton Manning before they could do so much damage?

Would you go see Mozart rock balls, or maybe go to the future to make sure everyone knows your favorite band is still cool?

Tell your ideas and I'll tell mine later.

Raaawwwrrr!!!

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
September 1, 1945.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you could travel through time and space to the past, the future (trippy), or even the fucking present (WAY trippy) , what would you do?

Would you go back in time to kill Hitler or Payton Manning before they could do so much damage?

Would you go see Mozart rock balls, or maybe go to the future to make sure everyone knows your favorite band is still cool?

Tell your ideas and I'll tell mine later.

Raaawwwrrr!!!
Is this a one time deal or can we do it multiple times

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd go back in time and hit the lottery and then invest that shit in the stocks I knew would take off.

Then I'd become a secret weapon for the US government and request a new supermodel to sleep with every night.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If i were to travel to the past id love to see Rome at the height of its powers.

Id travel 500 years into the future and see what has become of us. Is the planet destroyed? Have we met ETs? Have we colonized another planet? Is Virginia McCaskey 600 years old and the Bears still havent found a QB?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How much can we take with us? A backpack? Suitcase? A truck? Tank?

How much I can bring dictates when and where I go.
Antibiotics and painkillers could make you an immortal God in the dark ages... being a foot taller than everyone and in great health, living decades longer than everyone else could be fun.

Bring the right weapons and body armor and make ghengis khan your bitch.

What i can bring would be what determines when and where I go for sure.
Taking control of an empire would be the goal.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With my luck, Shit would wind up like Stephen King's 11/22/63.

If anyone is looking for a good read, that book is great.

Basic gist is, a dude has a portal back to 1958.
He decided that the assassination of Kennedy was the lynchpin moment for the world going to shit.
Given the conspiracy surrounding the assassination, Dude doesnt want to waste Oswald early in case others were pulling the strings- in that case, he figured it would happen anyway unless he stopped it at that very moment.

Then, it goes in to the current ramifications of altering timelines with a supernatural sort of twist.

My BIL is not a fiction reader but is big on history books... and he absolutely loved it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With my luck, Shit would wind up like Stephen King's 11/22/63.

If anyone is looking for a good read, that book is great.

Basic gist is, a dude has a portal back to 1958.
He decided that the assassination of Kennedy was the lynchpin moment for the world going to shit.
Given the conspiracy surrounding the assassination, Dude doesnt want to waste Oswald early in case others were pulling the strings- in that case, he figured it would happen anyway unless he stopped it at that very moment.

Then, it goes in to the current ramifications of altering timelines with a supernatural sort of twist.

My BIL is not a fiction reader but is big on history books... and he absolutely loved it.
I watched the mini-series a few years ago based on this book. A few things are changed of course.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I watched the mini-series a few years ago based on this book. A few things are changed of course.

I had no idea it was a series. I know what I am doing tonight. starting that.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd go back 20 years, with 20 years worth of financial/historical knowledge and economically assassinate every dead-eyed sociopath running large American Corporations or whom was elected and fucked up our govt.

Anyone going back more than 20 years should remember... no high speed internet.... no smart phones....

Anyone going back more than 100 years should remember...no deodorant.... no disposable razors.... limited or no refrigeration....

It sounds cool to go far back in time, until you realize you'll be forced to live the life of someone of that time period.

Some of it might be nice.... no social media sounds amazing.... but rotten meat on the dinner table on a regular basis sounds awful.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'd probably go back to the time when Theodore Roosevelt held a meeting that forced football to become safer. People don't know that if not for President Roosevelt, football might not have been able to continue. Anyways, I would have stopped that meeting, so that football would never be played. Then I wouldn't ever have known people like @dabears70 or @Omeletslacks or @BearsFan51

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd go back 20 years, with 20 years worth of financial/historical knowledge and economically assassinate every dead-eyed sociopath running large American Corporations or whom was elected and fucked up our govt.

Anyone going back more than 20 years should remember... no high speed internet.... no smart phones....

Anyone going back more than 100 years should remember...no deodorant.... no disposable razors.... limited or no refrigeration....

It sounds cool to go far back in time, until you realize you'll be forced to live the life of someone of that time period.

Some of it might be nice.... no social media sounds amazing.... but rotten meat on the dinner table on a regular basis sounds awful.

To the bolded- that is why I want to know how much I can take.
Antibiotics, painkillers, ibuprofin, toothpaste, iodine, antiseptic.... and books. Lots of books so I can drop wonderous inventions on the reg.