dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
R.Pace---First time GM isn't scared to come in and make some trades and had a great first draft and free agency.
J.Fox---He's a players coach and when players are happy and love playing for you then you'll always get the best out of them.
A.Gase---This guy is a bright young mind and we're seeing what he's doing for Jay but we could lose him after this year. Lets hope not but if we do i have faith in R.Pace and J.Fox that they'll find the right guy to take over.
V.Fangio----What this guy is getting out of the players he has to work with is just amazing. He's also a guy we might lose after this year and i again have faith that Pace and Fox will fill his role with the right guy.
J.Cutler---This is the guy that we were all hoping for.
J.Langford/K.Carey-----the future RB combo for the next 7/8 years.
A.Jeffery/K.White/E.Royal/M.Wilson---If K.White turns into what we think he'll be we'll have one of the best WR units in the league.
M.Bennett/Z.Miller---If Miller can stay healthy and Bennett can play like we've seen him play since he's been here then we're set at TE.
K.Long/M.Slausen/C.Leno/H.Grasu---the makings of a good o-line and i think they'll find a new RG in the off season.

I'm not gonna do the defense cause that's where the off season work needs to be done but i just wanted to show that if this is the real J.Cutler and the J.Cutler that we can count on for the next 2/3 years then our offense is pretty much set with just a couple of tweaks here and there.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
R.Pace---First time GM isn't scared to come in and make some trades and had a great first draft and free agency.
J.Fox---He's a players coach and when players are happy and love playing for you then you'll always get the best out of them.
A.Gase---This guy is a bright young mind and we're seeing what he's doing for Jay but we could lose him after this year. Lets hope not but if we do i have faith in R.Pace and J.Fox that they'll find the right guy to take over.
V.Fangio----What this guy is getting out of the players he has to work with is just amazing. He's also a guy we might lose after this year and i again have faith that Pace and Fox will fill his role with the right guy.
A.Jeffery/K.White/E.Royal/M.Wilson---If K.White turns into what we think he'll be we'll have one of the best WR units in the league.
M.Bennett/Z.Miller---If Miller can stay healthy and Bennett can play like we've seen him play since he's been here then we're set at TE.
K.Long/M.Slausen/C.Leno/H.Grasu---the makings of a good o-line and i think they'll find a new RG in the off season.

I'm not gonna do the defense cause that's where the off season work needs to be done but i just wanted to show that if this is the real J.Cutler and the J.Cutler that we can count on for the next 2/3 years then our offense is pretty much set with just a couple of tweaks here and there.

I agree with all of this and will add a few thoughts.

With a few exceptions, the Bears have had decent talent the past 3 years or so. They have been lacking talent on the offensive and defensive lines. They have also had lousy coaches since Lovie Smith left. Cutler is a very good qb. Always has been. Hes playng well because the offensive line is better and because he now has good coaching. We would have won almost no games without Cutler. His talent has made up for poor talent elsewhere on the team. Yes he has made some awful mistakes and made too many turnovers, but he did this to try and win games. He pressed when he shouldnt have because we had no other way to win. Now, he looks great because he is coached very well and his offensive line is better. I have always maintained that Cutler was a great player in this league. With good coaching, we will now be able to enjoy his superior skill set. He doesnt have to do everything. When you pass on every down playing from behind, your defense is always on the field because your offense goes 3 and out. If we can maintain some consistency with coaching, offensive and defensive systems, we will be in the playoffs much more. As the coaches and managers improve talent on the field, we could be in the playoffs almost every year. We now have the coaches to improve this team and every indicator points up. Specail teams need work, but with Pace and Fox leading us, that will be fixed in no time.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I am most impressed with the attitude change of this team, and that is all John Fox. Thank you John Fox! I know we have a lack of talent on the roster but this team PLAYS HARD !! The players leave it all on the field whether it's a win or a loss and I can watch football like that.

When it comes to a Trestman team when we are losing and the players have given up and not playing, I'm not watching that shit. That last year of Trestman everyone had completely given up except Bennett, Marshall, Long, Forte, and Cutler.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the most important thing i was trying to get across with this thread was with all the money we have to spend in the off season and with the draft we don't need to put too much of our money and draft in the offense cause we're actually pretty good at every position besides the o-line and the argument could be made that we could add only a new RG to the offense and it would be set and i think that's huge for us. Now i think we do need to make a couple of other adjustments to the offense but not much. That means with all that money and pretty much the whole draft we can put the focus on our defense which obviously needs the most work. We have some good pieces on our defense already to build around.

OLB--P.McPhee--Free agent/draft pick
D-Line--E.Goldman-W.Sutton-E.Ferguson-J.Jenkins-draft pick/free agent
ILB--S.McLellin-C.Jones-draft pick/free agent
DB--A.Amos-A.Rolle-K.Fuller-T.Porter
If we add two studs at OLB and D-Line and i mean studs like a M.Wilkerson and V.Miller then i think we could get by with the DB's we have right now.

Could you imagine this?
OLB---P.McPhee, W.Young, L.Houston, V.Miller
D-Line---E.Goldman, W.Sutton, E.Ferguson, J.Jenkins, M.Wilkerson
ILB---S.McLellin, C.Jones, D.Davis (Jets FA)
CB--K.Fuller, T.Porter
S---A.Amos, A.Rolle.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the most important thing i was trying to get across with this thread was with all the money we have to spend in the off season and with the draft we don't need to put too much of our money and draft in the offense cause we're actually pretty good at every position besides the o-line and the argument could be made that we could add only a new RG to the offense and it would be set and i think that's huge for us. Now i think we do need to make a couple of other adjustments to the offense but not much. That means with all that money and pretty much the whole draft we can put the focus on our defense which obviously needs the most work. We have some good pieces on our defense already to build around.

OLB--P.McPhee--Free agent/draft pick
D-Line--E.Goldman-W.Sutton-E.Ferguson-J.Jenkins-draft pick/free agent
ILB--S.McLellin-C.Jones-draft pick/free agent
DB--A.Amos-A.Rolle-K.Fuller-T.Porter
If we add two studs at OLB and D-Line and i mean studs like a M.Wilkerson and V.Miller then i think we could get by with the DB's we have right now.

Could you imagine this?
OLB---P.McPhee, W.Young, L.Houston, V.Miller
D-Line---E.Goldman, W.Sutton, E.Ferguson, J.Jenkins, M.Wilkerson
ILB---S.McLellin, C.Jones, D.Davis (Jets FA)
CB--K.Fuller, T.Porter
S---A.Amos, A.Rolle.

While I like Wilkerson and Miller. I think we only get one. We put our money in more than one area. I'm excited to see what kind of draft we'll have this upcoming year. While that looks good with the draft it'll be better.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, things are getting better. Lets not get too excited-yet. Progress is being made and that much is very clear. And, that is all most Bear fans were looking for. Despite the people who still believe that Cutler and Fox are both mediocre at best, things are looking up. Now, those people who still think Fox & Cutler (and others on the team) are not capable of getting the Bears deep in the playoffs could still be right. I don't think they are right but I won't ignore their arguments. The jury is still out. But still, Bears fans can still find some joy in the fact that the team has not laid down once. They have been in almost every game and they just won a game a lot of doubters and talking heads said they would lose. So, for the moment, enjoy.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, things are getting better. Lets not get too excited-yet. Progress is being made and that much is very clear. And, that is all most Bear fans were looking for. Despite the people who still believe that Cutler and Fox are both mediocre at best, things are looking up. Now, those people who still think Fox & Cutler (and others on the team) are not capable of getting the Bears deep in the playoffs could still be right. I don't think they are right but I won't ignore their arguments. The jury is still out. But still, Bears fans can still find some joy in the fact that the team has not laid down once. They have been in almost every game and they just won a game a lot of doubters and talking heads said they would lose. So, for the moment, enjoy.

Let's be honest, we did lay down against Seattle, but other than that they have played till the end.

Don't Care

CCS Jesus
Liked Posts:
(From your avatar) Rousey got her butt whooped and (from my avatar) Jay is starting to care!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Things seem to be trending in the right direction.

I really like a couple of under the radar moves that Pace has made. Stealing Bruce Gaston from the Packers is looking like a real find.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
(From your avatar) Rousey got her butt whooped and (from my avatar) Jay is starting to care!

She got her ass beat down and i loved every minute of it. She needed to get brought back down to reality and H.Holm did just that. Now Rousey is a beast and she'll be back but she better find a way to get Holm down to the ground or she'll get knocked the fuck out again.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
it was gase that was up for the SF job and turned it down do not not having control over his staff. he wanted fangio, but not only was fangio not even considered for their HC opening, they wouldnt even let gase keep him on as DC.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
it was gase that was up for the SF job and turned it down do not not having control over his staff. he wanted fangio, but not only was fangio not even considered for their HC opening, they wouldnt even let gase keep him on as DC.

If all that is true I can see why Harbaugh left. That owner in SF is one big moron.

SportsHeaven

Liked Posts:
Oh yeah, the future is bright. There are plenty of things that still need to be done like trading Forte, but it's a process

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

HOOOOOLLLYYYYYY SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Where to even begin lmaooooooooooooo

CC: Everyone on CCS