To anyone who thought losing to Bills was bad...

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did something the Bears couldn't do, hold the Packers below 40 points... and they are fighting for a playoff spot.

Now, I don't want to seem like most people who come in to remind use that we need to change something drastic, as there are other topics for that. I just wanted that to sink in for the moment and realize that someone else was able to keep Rodgers in check.

Whatever it was they did on defense, that should be the first thing we try to be next year, or to get somewhere like that on our team. My personal opinion. Like it or shit on it as much as you like, but then went in with a back up at QB, and took it to Green Bay yesterday.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
That's the common denominator among teams who beat GB -- they all have really good defenses (SEA, DET, BUF, NYG in the playoffs twice, etc…). You're probably not going to have a better QB than them. You have to have a good D (or at least come up with a good game plan for one or two games).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Orton is the Packer slayer, his only loss was when he came back too early from a high ankle sprain.

I know it's tongue in cheek but it shows what a good D, STs and winning the turnover battle can do. O scored 6 points with Kyle at 1 completion over 50% and a 5.8 ypa. Same old Kyle in that he didn't ruin a great D's and ST's performance but added snot.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the common denominator among teams who beat GB -- they all have really good defenses (SEA, DET, BUF, NYG in the playoffs twice, etc…). You're probably not going to have a better QB than them. You have to have a good D (or at least come up with a good game plan for one or two games).

More specifically they have a great DL. Hopefully we address the DL relatively early in the draft

mecha

Liked Posts:
makes the meltdown at the beginning of the season somewhat comical. "but wait, IT'S ONLY THE BILLS!!!!! OH NOES!!!!11"

AFC playoff picture is gonna be amusing. 2/3ish of the conference has like real middle of the road winning records outside the top 6. I thought the headlines that the Patriots and Cardinals earned playoff berths was stupid. like fucking duh, they're both #1 in their respective conferences.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't make a topic to generally talk about Orton, hell I was working overnight and slept and missed most of the game... just whatever you need to do to get over the hump... the Bills have it, and it's what we need to have a chance in the next two years... (Not buying that we have a shot to fix this in a season.)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was one fucking game where the Bills had a kickoff return, Rodgers threw 2 picks and fumbled into his own endzone. Guess what happens if they play again? The Bears loss to the Bills was never as bad as made out to be by some but nothing to be proud of either.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I did get a good laugh out of it. Kyle Orton went undefeated against the NFC North the same season everyone turns against Jay Cutler.

#poeticjustice

Nick80

TBH I was more livid that a man called Boobie had a long run against us, that and Cutler.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
The important thing about this Bills game is that they somehow figured out how to rattle Aaron Rodgers. I mean that guy looked like Caleb Hanie yesterday. He was missing passes by a mile after spending 13 games throwing bullets downfield in tiny windows.

The Bears defensive players need to watch that game at least 1000 times this offseason and try to learn what Buffalo did to disrupt him so bad.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with 1COBearsfan The D-line needs fixed first. The 3Tech is still the biggest need. Ratliff should be a rotational player because of his age (34yo by the start of next season) Sutton has only shown he is the Rotational guys backup. Our DE blow!! Allen is too old and Houston is just can't apply the pressure we need. They are both rotational guys. Paea as the NT starter and Ego backing him up are fine. Every other position on the D-Line needs to have the starter upgraded.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was one fucking game where the Bills had a kickoff return, Rodgers threw 2 picks and fumbled into his own endzone. Guess what happens if they play again? The Bears loss to the Bills was never as bad as made out to be by some but nothing to be proud of either.

Yes, this. It really was just a poor game by the Packers. Rodgers was not Rodgers. It wasn't a great Bills de that made him inaccurate. And there were a ton of drops. Credit to the Bills, they are a good team but yesterday really was more about the Packers being bad. Eddie Lacy looked good though. He fought really hard to avoid Rodger's safety.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Buffalo's D is the realness. Could you imagine if they still had a healthy Jarius Byrd.

Say what you want about Schwartz, but he had that D schemed well based on familiarity.

The best player in the NFL had an uncharacteristically bad day. That just doesn't happen. Had 2 picks and should have had that third (would have been a pick 6).

The most underrated player in the NFL (Nelson) did as well dropping a sure 90 yard TD.

That game changed the ENTIRE playoff picture in the NFC. Ari, even at home, will not beat Seattle with a 3rd string bum at QB. Seattle will go on to win the West and have home field throughout the playoffs - possibly helping cement a repeat to the SB. Their defense, through the last for games is averaging 6.75 points per game. 6.75!!! That's crazy.

The Dal/Phi game was essentially a playoff game last night. Dallas in the driver's seat, but Philly with easier schedule.

The North will come down to DET @ GB on the last game of the season. Winner gets Division, loser gets WC. Ari has already clinched a berth (which will be WC), so will be between Phi and Dallas. I think Phi wins out against NYG and WASH. Dallas only has one Div game left. If Phi wins out and Dallas goes 1-1, Phi wins division on tiebreaker and Dallas out.

Good drama.

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
I noticed that the Bill defenders were actually covering the GB wide receivers (except for that Jordy Nelson drop) It would be nice for Bear defenders cover a body instead of grass.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I noticed that the Bill defenders were actually covering the GB wide receivers (except for that Jordy Nelson drop) It would be nice for Bear defenders cover a body instead of grass.

Bears receivers cover em...15 yards off..lol

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell was Rodgers doing after he fumbled that ball? That was a terrible acting job as he was "looking" for the ball. He should be ashamed.