To unlock the passing game ...

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
The Bears have to get a real oline. This has to be a priority even over receivers at this point. Even with these receivers they are managing to score points, but it's not a sustainable model for Fields to rush for 130+ yards and 2 touchdowns a game.

Any other quarterback behind that line is looking at 2x the sacks they've given up this season. And they can't throw the ball to Claypool if he can't get three seconds to set his feet. He's "holding the ball too long" because he's looking where the threats are coming at him so he can't read what the defense is giving him. Geoff had forever to throw back there today which is why he picked the defense apart. Can you imagine what Fields could do if he had that kind of time?

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
Better oline, real #1 WR.
After Oline it has to be Dline. That group is pathetic and the reason they can't stop anyone from hanging 30+ points on them. I'd love a real #1 wideout, but feel like that's a luxury purchase given how bad both line are.

mecha

Liked Posts:
finally someone that knows what the fuck they're talking about.

I wouldn't be mad if they spent the first round pick on a stud DE or DT. the whole defense looks awful because they have no push up front on defense.

chuck3671

Liked Posts:
finally someone that knows what the fuck they're talking about.

I wouldn't be mad if they spent the first round pick on a stud DE or DT. the whole defense looks awful because they have no push up front on defense.
Given that they just slid into the 6th spot, there's a good chance that can happen. Their schedule doesn't get any easier. Free agent Oline class seems decent ... bare minimum they should be able to pick up a tackle and a guard and maybe draft a center ...

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fields needs to do a better job of pass blocking to get that extra second in the pocket to throw it!

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I agree. A lot of us have been saying the same thing for awhile now. Spend in FA and draft early to solidify the trenches. Would not be upset at all if they brought in 2 DL and 2 OL in FA, and then draft Jalen Carter or Skoronski in the 1st.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe some better run pro

napo55

Liked Posts:
It would help if he had more than one good WR. You think?

Bonferroni Correction

Liked Posts:
Agree completely with O-line. Priority this off-season.

Although confused why they used claypool so little. He got less snap share week 2 than week 1.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I agree it’s gotta be oline and dline this off-season. I don’t really see a panther to a wr1 for 2023. Pringle might be the best FA lol.

Build the lines this year, and look to find that wr1 for a Super Bowl run in 2024. Yes I said Super Bowl.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't see how any of this exclusive of any of the rest of it. We got draft picks. We got cap space. We don't need a QB.

No idea who signs but of the 3 needs mentioned dline seems to be well stacked in FA. For the amount of bodies we need oline and WR should be able to be done in the draft and dline covered in FA. Or any combination of that.
When we're losing high scoring games by 1 point how great of a defense do you think we need to add?