HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about his thing with taking Graham out in the red zone, on clear passing downs?

How about his thing with removing the personnel and personnel grouping from the field that got the offense into the red zone to begin with? Just leave 2TE personnel on the field. Namely JG and Kmet.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I feel like Nagy benched Trubisky similar to how Trestman benched Cutler. Not the exact same situation but similar with the whole "it's not me because my offense works, it's the QB."

Liked Posts:
He had a huge red flag coming in with his play calling coming out of that KC playoff game where he just refused to run the ball with a huge lead, which eventually cost them the game.

Odd thing is, he appears to be a guy players do rally around and he's able to be a good leader as long as he doesn't get into the details. If he just stepped back and let his coaches call the shots while he delegated, things might actually work out, but Nagy's appears way too stubborn for that at this point in his career.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Nagy benched Trubisky similar to how Trestman benched Cutler. Not the exact same situation but similar with the whole "it's not me because my offense works, it's the QB."

Except Trestman's offense worked. Please don't even come close to comparing Trestman to Nagy. Its not even remotely close.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I still want someone to explain the identity of Nagys offense after 3 seasons? What do the Bears do thats even just average on offense?

"We're still installing, but we'll get there. When we finally get things rockin and rollin, man, it's gonna be something special. Let me tell you..."

*Also, dope user name. Best MCs out right now, Curren$y and Larry June ??

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
His players simply cannot execute. He expects them to play at a higher level than they’ve shown they are capable of.

Nagy calls plays like the players don’t matter.

he might be a great play designer but those high production plays demand you have players that can execute them. And he doesn’t. Mobile QB helps the line and the WRs and the coach by buying time with his legs.

Nick is a statue. He simply can’t execute this offense.
He is not. His failure predates the Bears. His disdain for the run and utilizing his best players is well documented.

There has been some confusion about who called the second-half plays for the Chiefs during their playoff loss to the Tennessee Titans.

Some believe coach Andy Reid took over play-calling, which is why running back Kareem Hunt only saw 11 carries in the game. However, it turns out that then-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy never let go of the play-calling.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
How about his thing with taking Graham out in the red zone, on clear passing downs?
You just don't understand the genius of Matt Nagy. You see if Graham was in the game in the red zone the defense would be expecting Graham to get the ball and key on him potentially opening up other players. So Nagy takes Graham out so the defense cant focus on Graham as a threat. Genius. Geniuses like Nagy don't need to even use decoys to help free other receivers.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't.

But the parallel you're drawing there is simply non existent. Trestman was a micromanaging idiot. Nagy is an egotistical idiot. If Trestman was given this defense to pair with his offense. SB. Nagy can't even sniff that level of offensive efficiency yet. Hell, Trestman actually made me learn new things on offense like the packaged play. Nagy is throwing everything at the wall and nothing sticks. Whats worse is he's oblivious to this whole mess.

2013offense.jpg

We ran that right the fuck out of town btw. He was terrible as a head coach but hindsight is 20/20 and the defensive roster he inherited from Lovie were a bunch of pouting pussies, mad they lost their head coach.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Another thing that really annoyed me was probably a small thing but letting the clock run out at the end of the first quarter. It was already obvious at that point the offense was going to struggle to score. So why waste an opportunity with over 25 seconds still left on the clock.

Is it really that complicated to have a few plays ready for that situation where if you get a favorable matchup it could be a big play? With that much time left why not call your play, line up and see what the defense looks like? If you get a matchup you like run the play. If not let the quarter end. Little details and advantages like that can add up in a game.

Liked Posts:
Like really?! His arrogance on having to call plays will be his undoing...and it's evident with everyone who watches that that undoing is well underway.

I want this bozo gone, ASAP.

Nagy's ego will determine his coaching future. Can he remain a head coach or will his arrogance return him to the ranks of assistant coaches?

Liked Posts:
Another thing that really annoyed me was probably a small thing but letting the clock run out at the end of the first quarter. It was already obvious at that point the offense was going to struggle to score. So why waste an opportunity with over 25 seconds still left on the clock.

Is it really that complicated to have a few plays ready for that situation where if you get a favorable matchup it could be a big play? With that much time left why not call your play, line up and see what the defense looks like? If you get a matchup you like run the play. If not let the quarter end. Little details and advantages like that can add up in a game.
Nagy's clock management horrible. Almost gave Carolina a chance to tie the game.

Liked Posts:
His players simply cannot execute. He expects them to play at a higher level than they’ve shown they are capable of.

Nagy calls plays like the players don’t matter.

he might be a great play designer but those high production plays demand you have players that can execute them. And he doesn’t. Mobile QB helps the line and the WRs and the coach by buying time with his legs.

Nick is a statue. He simply can’t execute this offense.
Often, Foles only had two seconds to throw. It was why he threw early on the attempt to hit DarnellMooney for what would have been a 95 yard TD play.

Liked Posts:
We seriously have no identity. Someone posted the personnel groupings of teams a couple days ago. The Chiefs run 3 different ones, the bears run 9.

Why the fuck are we running 9 different formations if we cant even fucking get one right?
Interesting what you posted. Great question.

Liked Posts:
Yet Trestman had a top 10 offense!

Liked Posts:
He is not. His failure predates the Bears. His disdain for the run and utilizing his best players is well documented.

There has been some confusion about who called the second-half plays for the Chiefs during their playoff loss to the Tennessee Titans.

Some believe coach Andy Reid took over play-calling, which is why running back Kareem Hunt only saw 11 carries in the game. However, it turns out that then-offensive coordinator Matt Nagy never let go of the play-calling.
Nagy would later say that he made a mistake in taking the foot off the gas pedal vs. the Titans, and Nagy said he would never do it again. His very next game...Nagy scripts the plays for Mitch, and Bears have a 20-0 or 20-3 lead over the Pakcers at halftime. Rodgers was hurt (minor injury), and left the game. Rodgers returns, and Nagy lets his foot off the gas again. We know what happened. I've known many men who did not learn from their mistakes. Thus...they repeated them over-and-over again for years.