Todd McShay hails Velus

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
ESPN's Todd McShay hails Velus Jones Jr. as Bears' best draft pick

“I love Jones’ upside,” McShay said, via ChicagoBears.com. “He’s a tad under 6-foot and is still refining his route running, but look at his speed and contact balance. He is a threat any time the ball is in his hands, with instincts and elusiveness in the open field and the breakaway speed to take the top off the defense.

--------------------------------

Who knows. "Las Velus" could be the next Willie Gault. Or maybe better with Fields' deep passing ability.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Willie Gault was and is a world class sprinter. Velus is actually more of a football player than Gault.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I hope we see VJJ line up in the backfield in pre-season.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Success with Velus would mean he becomes a productive starting NFL wide receiver at some point in the next few years. I wouldn’t get my hopes up about much productivity this year as a receiver, but I suppose we’ll see.

As a special teams speedster, hey, I think that’s where they see his more natural upside.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The boomers are going to quickly hate him since he does the same TD dance every time

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I’m thinking he gets about 7-9 touches a game. He will get a few inside power Buck Sweeps. Also, I think Fields dumps the ball to him short, maybe in the flats with a screen, but he becomes almost an extension of the run game. Finally, I see him breaking an in and up to get over the top of the shell and catch it deep once or twice a game.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I’m thinking he gets about 7-9 touches a game. He will get a few inside power Buck Sweeps. Also, I think Fields dumps the ball to him short, maybe in the flats with a screen, but he becomes almost an extension of the run game. Finally, I see him breaking an in and up to get over the top of the shell and catch it deep once or twice a game.

So we spent a 3rd rounder on a gadget player.

Seems like matt nagy never left the building.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If they use him right, he could be a difference maker even as a rookie. If they can figure out ways to give him a chance to use that speed, he will impress and I will be impressed with the Bears new play callers.

Or the Bears new O brain trust can't figure out how to use this guy, that is going to suck, for a while.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If they use him right, he could be a difference maker even as a rookie. If they can't figure it out I will poop in my own sandwich

Let's not get carried away!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

“I love Jones’ upside,” McShay said, via ChicagoBears.com. “He’s a tad under 6-foot and is still refining his route running, but look at his speed and contact balance. He is a threat any time the ball is in his hands, with instincts and elusiveness in the open field and the breakaway speed to take the top off the defense.

Who knows. "Las Velus" could be the next Willie Gault. Or maybe better with Fields' deep passing ability.
'Las Velus?"

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

'Las Velus?"

Ya go to Las Vegas to it hit big. ? ? We can hit big with with "Las Velus" on deep bombs. (y)??

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
3rd rounder for a punt returner.

Nice job Pace.....I mean Poles

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
3rd rounder for a punt returner.

Nice job Pace.....I mean Poles
Neither the bears nor the jets are going to win a superbowl in your life time so why don’t you give up the use of the senior rec room computer and wheel back to your room and die alone

greg23

Liked Posts:

7-9 touches per game?

That's 140ish touches for the year (more than deebo Samuel last year)

So basically the #2 option on offense behind only Montgomery (unless the bald real estate agent is still calling 5 run plays per game)

No chance

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Success with Velus would mean he becomes a productive starting NFL wide receiver at some point in the next few years. I wouldn’t get my hopes up about much productivity this year as a receiver, but I suppose we’ll see.

As a special teams speedster, hey, I think that’s where they see his more natural upside.
He's still a success if he's just a gadget guy that helps make this offense run and provides big plays on O and ST.
I don't think he'll ever be a traditional receiver but neither is Deebo who I believe they are going to try to mimick.