Todd McShay Latest Mock 3.0 has us taking...........

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears
Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

The Bears need more impact players on defense, and Lawson -- who led the FBS with 25.5 tackles for loss last season -- fits the bill. He plays with a good mixture of relentlessness, technique and discipline. Lawson isn't the best athlete on tape, but he tested well at the combine and has a good first step.

What are your thoughts?

AussieBear

my thoughts??? he'll have a mock 4.0 and it'll be someone else

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really like Lawson as a prospect and future NFL player, but isn't he just a younger version of LaMarr Houston? I mean even if he is I am ok with Bears picking him as long as you are trading or cutting Houston or Young to get this guy on the field right away.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would describe that pick as solid. Lawson is a complete player. Solid against the run and has an array of moves to get to the QB. He can beat you with power or speed. Uses his hands really nicely and he has a nice spin move. He pretty much dominated college ball last year.

If Fangio really is enamored with arm length like many people think he is, he might be worried about Lawson's measurements though.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
This pick will change as I look for the Bears to sign Ian Williams in FA and also Javoris Jenkins so they will IMO fill another need with this pick.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shaq Lawson is a talented player that would be a long term guy at OLB.

He can also rush in the sub packages. Lawson has the size to rush inside.

Young
Houston
McPhee
Lawson

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its a fine pick. Another thing that I think gets missed is this pick would also provide depth. Something the Bears don't have and something every team wants. I'm not sure, given the points above, that other positions are of need. But, it also depends on FA.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
Mock drafts are a joke
What a waste of time

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
my thoughts??? he'll have a mock 4.0 and it'll be someone else

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!

That is why I don't pay attention to mocks and why I don't understand how that dip$hit Joe Lunardi has a job at ESPN. Who cares who he thinks is getting into the NCAA Tourney. He has no say. He is just simply guessing and nothing matters until the actual bracket comes out.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
What are your guys' thoughts on Kevin Dodd? Watched his National Title game tape and he was really impressive. He gave Alabama's right side fits and pretty much got anywhere he wanted.

Seems like he definitely has areas he needs to develop/improve as he doesn't have a lot of experience, but he sounds like an ascending player who's production increased as the year went on and was playing his best ball at the end of the season.

Other concern is that he's already 24 years old, or will be by the time training camp starts and he only has 1 year of production, but I'm really intrigued by this guy.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Underwhelming. I like Lawson but I don't think he's got any special the traits. Really good all around player. I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just keep Houston, who is still young enough, played very well last year, and is basically the exact player you hope Lawson can be.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Talking about mock drafts are pointless. It only clouds you from focusing on the real important stuff like strength of schedule...

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't follow college ball or get heavy into the draft but it seems like a great defensive draft. It seems that if you were rebuilding a defense this is a draft for you. Any chance/way to get more picks? Could we fetch a 2 and a 3 for Jay?

South Dakota Bear

Liked Posts:
Somewhat agree, but at least with Lunardi there is immediate feedback. He guesses, the actual bracket comes out, and we see how accurate he is. With mock draft idiots like Kiper, they put out several mocks, the draft takes place, and then no one goes back years later to see how accurate Kiper's projections really were...and Kiper himself NEVER does this.

I personally don't care how accurate Lunardi is. He has no say on who gets in. If all of us were paid to do what he does, we could project 90% or more of the teams that are getting in.

The fact that people listen to him and care blows my mind. Just like mock drafts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Underwhelming. I like Lawson but I don't think he's got any special the traits. Really good all around player. I'm not really sure why you wouldn't just keep Houston, who is still young enough, played very well last year, and is basically the exact player you hope Lawson can be.

We are keeping Houston unless you heard something saying we're not?? We have McPhee, Houston, Young and i guess one more would be nice cause Houston is better against the run then he is at getting to the QB even though he will get his sacks but we won't see him in double digits in sacks so he's more of a 7/8 sacks a year guy. He did come on towards the end of the season last year so he could surprise us next year since he'll be coming into the season 100% healthy which he wasn't last season to start.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where mock drafts are good as far as I am concerned is that you can take a look at where players get slotted and then research these players yourself. These guys that do this have tons of information available to them that the average fan like myself do not have access to. So, to me it is like a pre-screening to the football fan and that is fine with me.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
To the guy who insists on the Bears being good at OLB do you remember how much speed we lacked on the outside? That's because you can't have 4-3 DEs pretending to be OLB. McPhee is our big pass rusher on one side, you need an all around pass rusher and coverage guy on the other side. The Bears need another OLB and two ILB