Toews Out Too, WTF?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mentally strong man with the best doctors money can buy, however to your point, If it was you or I claiming it was Lyme disease is one thing, Jonathan Toews his agents, lawyers, the Chicago Blackhawks are not at liberty to speak of such until they know exactly what is ailing him. They have confidentiality agreements put in place where everything will remain hush hush until Toews and his agents agree info can be released on his condition.
Exactly. The only thing I know for sure is we saw a rested,fit and healthy Toews after the Covid break.....he looked like his old self in the bubble tourney. The only player that looked like the break helped him as much was Dach.

I'm insinuating NOTHING by saying this,just an observation.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope he will recover soon and lead the team.

But if he is not able to come back and play it means the Hawks will have a lot of salary cap space.

Any thoughts on what to do with that extra $$$
See the post below yours.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Toews is the first one on team that understands that as the captain he's very much part of the reason the team is where it is. He understands that his recent performance is part of that. He can voice his displeasure with the direction of the team but ultimately he's always took responsibility for his part in the success of the organization. He's an ultimate competitor and he would do a lot of things to voice his displeasure with the team but he would do it while playing. To have him admit he needs to step away to deal with this for the betterment of the team means he thinks playing will do more harm than good at this point until he can get his health under control. There is nothing fake here and can be any of many diagnosis. Anyone who questions the move here is a moron who hasn't watched this guy and what he is about for the last decade whether you like his production or not he's been an ultimate leader and captain.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:
Toews is the first one on team that understands that as the captain he's very much part of the reason the team is where it is. He understands that his recent performance is part of that. He can voice his displeasure with the direction of the team but ultimately he's always took responsibility for his part in the success of the organization. He's an ultimate competitor and he would do a lot of things to voice his displeasure with the team but he would do it while playing. To have him admit he needs to step away to deal with this for the betterment of the team means he thinks playing will do more harm than good at this point until he can get his health under control. There is nothing fake here and can be any of many diagnosis. Anyone who questions the move here is a moron who hasn't watched this guy and what he is about for the last decade whether you like his production or not he's been an ultimate leader and captain.

100%

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Speculation seems to be MS or ALS. Obviously ALS is worst possible outcome and hope that isn't it. Anything but that.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's something serious. I worry he is done.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope he will recover soon and lead the team.

But if he is not able to come back and play it means the Hawks will have a lot of salary cap space.

Any thoughts on what to do with that extra $$$
This is assuming he retires and leaves between 20M and 13.8M in the table.

Much like with Seabrook, I don't think that happens--especially since Toews in only 32. I think he is on the (someone's) books this year, next year, and the following year and cashes out. To my understanding that means that the 'hawks need to be cap compliant on opening day with Toews' (and/or Seabrook's) cap on the books. Then they can put them on LTIR and take advantage of the overage. To my knowledge, that limits things--they couldn't go out and sign 10.5M worth of players in the offseason above and beyond the cap ceiling. They could make moves *after* the season starts, but usually that's a perfect storm and would usually happen closer to the TDL (See also: Antoinne Vermette).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speculation seems to be MS or ALS. Obviously ALS is worst possible outcome and hope that isn't it. Anything but that.

Where did you see this? I haven't seen much of anything about it.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Bumping this glorious thread.

Who was right all along?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
This post didn’t age well.

Face facts- I was right the entire time.

Toews wanted nothing to do with Colonton after the bullshit that went on with his two best friends in the locker room.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
WTF are you on?
Yeah...what were you right about?

You think nothing was wrong with Toews...he just wanted to stay away from JC except he came back and started a 3 in 4 at go while JC was still here when he didn't have to?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Ugh...hope this isn't too bad.

Note in the article Shaw says he still isn't right from his last concussion. :(

I remember this hit and at the time thinking, "oh man, that's not good." I was happy to see he didn't miss a shift afterward, but I wasn't surprised to hear he had entered protocol now. I hate to think that may be the last time we see Toews on the ice.