Toews Out Too, WTF?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
As somebody who isn’t a fan of watching players get wrecked with a hit and having a hard time getting back to the bench, if this is the end for Toews so his quality of life isn’t compromised, I’m all for it. Any fan who cheers a guy flopping around on the ice after getting his head smacked should have it done to them.

It’s the one thing I don’t get. It’s great when your team hits a star player and that player is in survival mode after trying to get to the bench but when they get shellacked and are lying on the ice not moving they cheer when he’s on the stretcher.

When Canuck fans were cheering that hit I was happy when the Hawks shit on them. When Yote fans were cheering that disgusting Hossa hit, then cheering for Hossa when he was stretchered out, fuck them.

Either it’s all clean, or it’s all dirty. And if it’s all clean, you have to get a couple head hunting criminals on your team to keep teams honest.

I forgot which podcast it was, but somebody said after the Mitchell hit Toews was talking to people who wernt there or ordering food or something. He was messed up.

I think concussions had more to do with Toews decline then whatever ailment he was supposed to have last year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Toews retires now can he still play in Olympics?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To anyone watching the total embarrassment happening tonight at the UC......keep it in mind when you think about attending a game in the future.

Bowman should be beaten silly with a hockey stick for what he did to this franchise.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reports had JT at practice saying he felt pretty good,not skating yet and who can say how it goes but it's been five years or more since his last one. After missing last year and struggling this year,it could indeed be the last straw,one less reason to pay attention for me.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This isn't Toews, or even hockey, but it makes me wonder where it's all going as CTE is studied more...this happened:

One day after this happened:

The two stories were reported unironically one after the other on a broadcast I heard.

Antonio Brown's behavior has clearly gotten worse since Burfict hit him.

I'm not saying everything every athlete does outside behavioral norms is CTE, but how much of it is?

Duerson, Seau, Boogaard...

This is just musing on head injuries; I'm not looking for a specific point here.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
This isn't Toews, or even hockey, but it makes me wonder where it's all going as CTE is studied more...this happened:

One day after this happened:

The two stories were reported unironically one after the other on a broadcast I heard.

Antonio Brown's behavior has clearly gotten worse since Burfict hit him.

I'm not saying everything every athlete does outside behavioral norms is CTE, but how much of it is?

Duerson, Seau, Boogaard...

This is just musing on head injuries; I'm not looking for a specific point here.
I kind of think a lot of it is a result of CTE.

Wasn’t Alonzo Spellman fighting ppl naked one day? You hear these outlandish stories that make no sense.

I really think CTE and steroids have a lot to do with it. Hockey and football players are 100% using steroids and when you have chemicals in your body that shouldn’t be there to go along with mild forms of physically imposed brain damage something is going to give.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Toe's wasn't doing much anyways . . .

Speaking of non impact players, #3 overall Kirby Dach is pretty much averaging 1 goal a month, lol

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Toe's wasn't doing much anyways . . .

Speaking of non impact players, #3 overall Kirby Dach is pretty much averaging 1 goal a month, lol

The guys a bust.

After all the shit this team has been thru this year because of the inept front office, I’ll give the players a pass. Cuz you damn well know other teams are shooting their mouths off at them over it on the ice during games.

If the next GM keeps Kelly then I give up as a Hawks fan. The worst front office at evaluating talent was the double sided butt plug known as Bowman/Kelly.

And honestly I wouldn’t be shocked moving forward if the Hawks don’t have issues with Draftees actually signing here after Rocky’s meltdown. I can see players refusing to put on the sweater if this team drafts them and going the college route, and I wouldn’t blame them.

Think about it, would you want your 18 year old kid coming here? I wouldn’t. You gotta worry about shit on the ice on top of shit off? The NHL isn’t gonna do anything to Rocky, it wouldn’t shock me if the kids coming here take a stand and refuse to sign. Hell, right now I encourage them.

Orestes

Liked Posts:
The guys a bust.

After all the shit this team has been thru this year because of the inept front office, I’ll give the players a pass. Cuz you damn well know other teams are shooting their mouths off at them over it on the ice during games.

If the next GM keeps Kelly then I give up as a Hawks fan. The worst front office at evaluating talent was the double sided butt plug known as Bowman/Kelly.

And honestly I wouldn’t be shocked moving forward if the Hawks don’t have issues with Draftees actually signing here after Rocky’s meltdown. I can see players refusing to put on the sweater if this team drafts them and going the college route, and I wouldn’t blame them.

Think about it, would you want your 18 year old kid coming here? I wouldn’t. You gotta worry about shit on the ice on top of shit off? The NHL isn’t gonna do anything to Rocky, it wouldn’t shock me if the kids coming here take a stand and refuse to sign. Hell, right now I encourage them.
Sun-Times article from Jan. 29th suggests Dach knows he has not met expectations but he is settling in as a 3rd liner. His plus/minus (-5) is better than most of their forwards, so he's not the worst guy they can throw out there. Like a #4 starting pitcher or long reliever eats innings, Dach can chew up some minutes. He won't win them many games but he can be a placeholder to better days ahead (I mean a successful rebuild, not just better than 2021-22 :)) .

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Sun-Times article from Jan. 29th suggests Dach knows he has not met expectations but he is settling in as a 3rd liner. His plus/minus (-5) is better than most of their forwards, so he's not the worst guy they can throw out there. Like a #4 starting pitcher or long reliever eats innings, Dach can chew up some minutes. He won't win them many games but he can be a placeholder to better days ahead (I mean a successful rebuild, not just better than 2021-22 :)) .
Well, you don’t draft a third liner with the third overall pick in a deep draft.

You look at Seider who came in a top pairing guy and shake your head.

There’s no defending it anymore. Kirby Dach would have a hard time going top 20 in a redraft. And don’t give me the whole “well some kids need time to develop “ bullshit. It’s a fucking excuse. Players play. That other kid on the Wings is 19 and is better then Dach.

If you can get a first round pick for the kid, even a late one, I’ll pay his Uber to get his broken ass out.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know how the Kirby Dach saga plays out but this kid and every other kid but D-Cat drafted over the last five years has either been traded or is languishing in Rockford, Reichel might be the exception and he might not but at least he was kept away from the shitshow the big club has become .......this Org is aweful at developing young players or at least it has been the last few years.
Dach didn't only come in @19,he came in @19 after being concussed in a preseason tourney and a short THREE game rehab stint in Rockford but SB needed a success story and he tried to make an unprepared Dach that story.
A severely broken wrist the following year in another preseason tourney and what do ya know,Dach is back in there ahead of schedule only to ding it up again and be shut down........SB desperately needed a success story at this point.
Rush a 19yro back from a concussion and a wrist so badly broken the kid ran off the ice when he saw it so he can join a team with basically an amateur coaching staff with poor player development skills.
I'm not even a big Dach fan to be honest,his FO ability might keep him from being an NHL center, he needs to develop offensively and a few guys who came after him look much better........at this point.
That doesn't change the fact that the kid was rushed through injuries,slotted against top centers when he shoulda been facing bottom six centers and WAY too much was put on his plate by an inexperienced ,overmatched HC and a desperate GM.
I know a good attitude,work ethic and defensive responsibility is NOT enough from a #3 overall(you can find a cheap vet for that) but how much does he improve @21? He has to improve somewhat.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I don't know how the Kirby Dach saga plays out but this kid and every other kid but D-Cat drafted over the last five years has either been traded or is languishing in Rockford, Reichel might be the exception and he might not but at least he was kept away from the shitshow the big club has become .......this Org is aweful at developing young players or at least it has been the last few years.
Dach didn't only come in @19,he came in @19 after being concussed in a preseason tourney and a short THREE game rehab stint in Rockford but SB needed a success story and he tried to make an unprepared Dach that story.
A severely broken wrist the following year in another preseason tourney and what do ya know,Dach is back in there ahead of schedule only to ding it up again and be shut down........SB desperately needed a success story at this point.
Rush a 19yro back from a concussion and a wrist so badly broken the kid ran off the ice when he saw it so he can join a team with basically an amateur coaching staff with poor player development skills.
I'm not even a big Dach fan to be honest,his FO ability might keep him from being an NHL center, he needs to develop offensively and a few guys who came after him look much better........at this point.
That doesn't change the fact that the kid was rushed through injuries,slotted against top centers when he shoulda been facing bottom six centers and WAY too much was put on his plate by an inexperienced ,overmatched HC and a desperate GM.
I know a good attitude,work ethic and defensive responsibility is NOT enough from a #3 overall(you can find a cheap vet for that) but how much does he improve @21? He has to improvsosomewhat.
He also looked very good at the beginning of this year creating and getting a lot of scoring chances, but they were not going in. Not being able to finish could have also gotten in his head. It's tough to feel confident playing on this team. Kurashev is another guy who has looked great at times, but most of this season hasn't done anything

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks are looking to Dach to be their future....they are once again driving down a dead end.

The only thing in their future is fan apathy and empty seats at the UC......

and they got nobody to blame but themselves.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
He also looked very good at the beginning of this year creating and getting a lot of scoring chances, but they were not going in. Not being able to finish could have also gotten in his head. It's tough to feel confident playing on this team. Kurashev is another guy who has looked great at times, but most of this season hasn't done anything
He was playing with Kane early. Kane has a way of turning shit into chicken salad. The problem with playing with Kane is if he’s not producing with a GOAT doing all the work there’s a problem.

Kirby Dach is at his best with speedy forecheckers on his line. I’ll say it again, his best stint in the NHL was when he had Hagel and Hino. There was one play last year where Dach was pressured in the neutral zone, passed it to Hino and Hagel came in the score. Teams were having a hard time dealing with the speed and Dachs passing.

Now, if I can see what makes Dach move, how the FUCK does GM’s and coaches not? I can tell you right now putting Dach with Kane is dumb since both need the puck on their stick and in what world do you take the puck away from Patrick frigging Kane?

I honestly would send Dach to Rockford to play with Reichel and form chemistry

Orestes

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks are looking to Dach to be their future....they are once again driving down a dead end.

The only thing in their future is fan apathy and empty seats at the UC......

and they got nobody to blame but themselves.
Wirtzes do have that history of where a bad PR incident is catalyst to long-term disaster for the franchise, starting with the disastrous Phil Esposito trade in 1967, the Hawks very own version of Brock-for-Broglio/Tatis Jr.-for-Shields. As a result (and like the Cubs of that era), they simply did not have enough to overtake Boston and Montreal in the early 70s. The Bobby Hull defection in '72 ushered in the first Dark Age, culminating in the Christmastime 1976 firing of long-time coach and loyal soldier Billy Reay by slipping a note under his door. Bob Pulford was brought in to rebuild and did make them relevant in the 80s with Savard, Larmer, Doug Wilson, etc. but Edmonton's GOAT teams kept the Cup Finals out of reach. The worst was the Fall '92 press conference where they bounced Mike Keenan for taking them to the Finals and then going to war with Pulford in a power struggle. With Pully's great victory, the second, much darker, and much longer Dark Age was assured. But the 2020s are looking even worse. A full TV blackout right now (home and away) might actually be a step forward.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If season ticket sales start dropping I expect home games being blacked out again.

hwkn

Liked Posts:
Blacking out any games would be a public relations disaster bigger than any the team has ever had imho.......once that cat's out of the bag you never put it back in.[i'd have no way to see games if they blacked out home and away games since I have no way to get to them......I don't drive so having games on tv is the only way I can see them]

Granada

Liked Posts:
I know a good attitude,work ethic and defensive responsibility is NOT enough from a #3 overall(you can find a cheap vet for that) but how much does he improve @21? He has to improve somewhat.
I still believe that if you put Dach on a stud team, he'd be solid, if not great. I feel like he's one of those players that if the Hawks do trade him, he'll flourish on another squad, especially a stacked team.