hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I think you are mistaking comments from posters as being mad at moves bowman is making. More so it’s the lack in confidence in bowman to right the ship. What he does reminds me of the last years of Jerry Angelo when he desperately put together a bandaid after bandaid just to look competitive enough not to get fired
That’s a very good point and very comparable to what is currently happening with the Hawks.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The real problem here is that this isn't a teardown rebuild, Stan honestly things these are good moves that are making the team better and putting them in position to win the cup. The only thing worse than a rebuild or going all in is thinking you are going all in and it's actually a rebuild.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real problem here is that this isn't a teardown rebuild, Stan honestly things these are good moves that are making the team better and putting them in position to win the cup. The only thing worse than a rebuild or going all in is thinking you are going all in and it's actually a rebuild.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Actually the Marks and Zadorov are good moves. The goalie situation is completely stupid.

If, and it's a big if, if everything falls into place and Zadorov becomes a top four defenseman and one of these goalies has a career year, you could be looking at a playoff team that would be tougher to play against in the playoffs.

But that's if every team in the division falls down a notch.

I will say this, Zadorov is fucking scary in open ice. Remember when the Hawks knew they were gonna be the shits and brought in John Scott? It kind of reminds me of that except with a concussion causing hit in open ice.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually the Marks and Zadorov are good moves. The goalie situation is completely stupid.

If, and it's a big if, if everything falls into place and Zadorov becomes a top four defenseman and one of these goalies has a career year, you could be looking at a playoff team that would be tougher to play against in the playoffs.

But that's if every team in the division falls down a notch.

I will say this, Zadorov is fucking scary in open ice. Remember when the Hawks knew they were gonna be the shits and brought in John Scott? It kind of reminds me of that except with a concussion causing hit in open ice.
The only way Zadorov is a good move is if one of Murph, DeHaan, or Seabrook leaves--otherwise he just jammed up the D like it's 2012. Right now we're running Keith/Seabrook/Murph/Dehaan/Zadorov/Boqvist. That's at least 1 too many middle pairing guys (technically 2 too many, but we're still press-ganging Keith as a top pairing guy because no one else comes close). We only got 1 open slot for the D-prospects to get if we relegate Seabrook to the pressbox to watch Matlock every night.

Otherwise, like @MassHavoc said, It's not a complete rebuild. Even assuming Zadorov is an upgrade to the mid-tier, they have to vacate that mid-tier for the next gen to start getting icetime to see what we got in them.

Someone on D has got to go. Seabs would be the best choice but I don't see that happening (nor burning 6.8M in the pressbox each night). Ideally it's Murph or DeHaan, with an outside shot of Boqvist, but by moving on Zadorov before dumping the extra guy it just made that extra guy that much harder to move (or get a slightly better return on them). Yes, I know there's a lot of time left to make a move but Stan could have played this WAY smarter.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The only way Zadorov is a good move is if one of Murph, DeHaan, or Seabrook leaves--otherwise he just jammed up the D like it's 2012. Right now we're running Keith/Seabrook/Murph/Dehaan/Zadorov/Boqvist. That's at least 1 too many middle pairing guys (technically 2 too many, but we're still press-ganging Keith as a top pairing guy because no one else comes close). We only got 1 open slot for the D-prospects to get if we relegate Seabrook to the pressbox to watch Matlock every night.

Otherwise, like @MassHavoc said, It's not a complete rebuild. Even assuming Zadorov is an upgrade to the mid-tier, they have to vacate that mid-tier for the next gen to start getting icetime to see what we got in them.

Someone on D has got to go. Seabs would be the best choice but I don't see that happening (nor burning 6.8M in the pressbox each night). Ideally it's Murph or DeHaan, with an outside shot of Boqvist, but by moving on Zadorov before dumping the extra guy it just made that extra guy that much harder to move (or get a slightly better return on them). Yes, I know there's a lot of time left to make a move but Stan could have played this WAY smarter.
Never say never. Stan has showed how much he loves to retain salary.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And they have time to develop the yewts too. Maybe they can let Dehaan or Shaw play themselves into a deadline acquisition. No choice but to hope for that really.
Never say never. Stan has showed how much he loves to retain salary.

With so many old guys that #7 can be young. If Mitchell is worthy he will stay up. I'm not sure Beudin has shown yet in Rockford what he needs to, getting passed up by lower rated players. Our desperation doesn't make him a hit. ZADOROV is almost an admission of failures to grow their own top 4 blue line. They had no choice in Seabs vs Maata. We can't lose Murphy it has to be Dehaan.

If Barrett or a Shalunov surprise in addition to Suter they can trade away a betteran in pre-season.

You see with Janmark, suter, pirri, morrison they had a depth desire at left wing and balanced themselves a bit left/right while getting bigger on the ice, more guys for PK including the draft pick.

Other than goalie I like the off-season so far, but Im stoked on Suter, Janmark, giving you actual left wingers with some size and grit.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you bred Bickell and Shaw for 3 generations i think you would get a Suter.

He is versatile and strong. Nice sized purely left wing poacher.

Will look great across from Kane or Kubalik, imo. But Shaw/Janmark if he fails to impress, in addition to Kubalik and Cat versatility.

Last edited:

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Yeah but....

After everything Zadorov said on Twitter, that they have plans on playing him big minutes, you gotta think somebody is on the move.

Scratch off Seabs. He isn't going anywhere and hopefully he's press boxed the entire year. I get the vibe JC doesn't like Seabrook and honestly he's at a point, unless medical science has evolved to the point to take away ten years off his body, he would be a better teacher then actual player. I used to think limited minutes would make Seabs effective. Nah. His only service would be as a PK'er only because he doesn't have to move as much and will still push people out of the crease.

But just like Seabrook, I don't think anybody will take CDH without a huge sweetener attached.

Murphy shouldn't be traded. So that's probably who Stan will trade.

I do think Zadorov/Murphy would be an insane tandem tho. Murphy give Zadorov the room to play the rush and level people.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah but....

After everything Zadorov said on Twitter, that they have plans on playing him big minutes, you gotta think somebody is on the move.

Scratch off Seabs. He isn't going anywhere and hopefully he's press boxed the entire year. I get the vibe JC doesn't like Seabrook and honestly he's at a point, unless medical science has evolved to the point to take away ten years off his body, he would be a better teacher then actual player. I used to think limited minutes would make Seabs effective. Nah. His only service would be as a PK'er only because he doesn't have to move as much and will still push people out of the crease.

But just like Seabrook, I don't think anybody will take CDH without a huge sweetener attached.

I do think Zadorov/Murphy would be an insane tandem tho. Murphy give Zadorov the room to play the rush and level people.
Just an observation again on PR: both to fans and prospective Hawks players; draft choices, free agents, trade targets and also to Seabrook himself...how does pressboxing a guy who is regarded as the second captain of the team, the guy that had "the talk" with Toews vs. The Wings in 2013 look? That's how he's treated now?

Once again, this isn't XBOX with a bunch of attributes on a profile and shuffling the players around requires only plugging and playing with numbers and stats; these are actual people with families, and in Seabrook's case a dedicated soldier who was drafted at the lowest of times in this franchise, and was a key part in elevating it to levels I wasn't sure was even possible.

Pressboxing Seabrook would be bush league horseshit, quite frankly.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey...I see Nylander and Pirri up against the odds for 13th man, so I'm happy about that.

Smith, Carp, Janmark, Wallmark, Shaw, Kampf, Suter will require you to be an NHL player to stay.

If they can move Shaw or Smith great, if they can beat out Suter so be it, but I would say this guy was alot more coveted for several years than kubalik was. Lots of teams wanted him.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Just an observation again on PR: both to fans and prospective Hawks players; draft choices, free agents, trade targets and also to Seabrook himself...how does pressboxing a guy who is regarded as the second captain of the team, the guy that had "the talk" with Toews vs. The Wings in 2013 look? That's how he's treated now?

Once again, this isn't XBOX with a bunch of attributes on a profile and shuffling the players around requires only plugging and playing with numbers and stats; these are actual people with families, and in Seabrook's case a dedicated soldier who was drafted at the lowest of times in this franchise, and was a key part in elevating it to levels I wasn't sure was even possible.

It's not #7's fault that Stan signed him to an obscene contract, but this is a business afterall and #7's playing days are over, sad as it is to admit. He gets paid for sitting in the booth and his jersey gets hoisted deservingly. A Blackhawk legend whose playing time has effectively ended.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
And they have time to develop the yewts too. Maybe they can let Dehaan or Shaw play themselves into a deadline acquisition. No choice but to hope for that really.

With so many old guys that #7 can be young. If Mitchell is worthy he will stay up. I'm not sure Beudin has shown yet in Rockford what he needs to, getting passed up by lower rated players. Our desperation doesn't make him a hit. ZADOROV is almost an admission of failures to grow their own top 4 blue line. They had no choice in Seabs vs Maata. We can't lose Murphy it has to be Dehaan.

If Barrett or a Shalunov surprise in addition to Suter they can trade away a betteran in pre-season.

You see with Janmark, suter, pirri, morrison they had a depth desire at left wing and balanced themselves a bit left/right while getting bigger on the ice, more guys for PK including the draft pick.

Other than goalie I like the off-season so far, but Im stoked on Suter, Janmark, giving you actual left wingers with some size and grit.

Each offseason for the past 3 years you and I have had the same discourse: you get jacked up with the new players coming in and crank up the line blender, and I remind you that no matter how you blend it there is not enough talent on the team to compete.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Yeah but....

Murphy and every player on the roster can indeed be traded if the return is right, the real prob is no one trusts Stan to realize positive trade value.

KBIB

Liked Posts:

What choice do they really have?

I'm as big a Seabrook fan out there. If he were to have a big game you would see me posting up complimentary things on this forum until I got banned.

But he's done. We really don't know the extent of his injuries we just know what they told the public. If Seabs can come back and play at 50% of what he was during his prime he would have value to this team. The truth is, he's washed up.

2015 and 16 ate him up. He's never going to be that player again. He goes out with 3 Cups and his head held high. That's more then alot of players can say

Vanken

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What choice do they really have?

I'm as big a Seabrook fan out there. If he were to have a big game you would see me posting up complimentary things on this forum until I got banned.

But he's done. We really don't know the extent of his injuries we just know what they told the public. If Seabs can come back and play at 50% of what he was during his prime he would have value to this team. The truth is, he's washed up.

2015 and 16 ate him up. He's never going to be that player again. He goes out with 3 Cups and his head held high. That's more then alot of players can say
Seabs is a proud guy. Following his surgeries, he got ready to compete in the play-in, but dropped out when he didn't feel like he was ready. When the new season begins, he will try his best, again, and if his play isn't up to his standards, he will call it quits. No reason to push Seabs out the door or attempt to trade him after what he has done for the Hawks.