Tom Brady discusses present day NFL Rules

Liked Posts:
Means a lot coming from a QB, let alone the GOAT. But the NFL just like the NBA is infatuated with offense, so they won’t ref the game the right way. Sucks for defensive players.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The game has lost a lot of its "Charm"

We no longer can marvel at a great defensive play, a great hit, because the rules are tied into the fans watching over the shoulder and toe tapping catches. I think the game started its 'decline' when the DBs couldn't hit receivers downfield to disrupt their routes.

less entertaining product out there today but it still sells though

Speed

Liked Posts:
That was a brutal call the kind you hate if it's against your team. Fields kinda ducked down into it. IDK what the defender is supposed to do, lightly bring him to the ground?

Same with the penalty that was a dump tackle/suplex in the game against the Titans I think. A grown ass man is churning his legs and won't go down. Puts you in a precarious position as a defender.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
That was a brutal call the kind you hate if it's against your team. Fields kinda ducked down into it. IDK what the defender is supposed to do, lightly bring him to the ground?

Same with the penalty that was a dump tackle/suplex in the game against the Titans I think. A grown ass man is churning his legs and won't go down. Puts you in a precarious position as a defender.
there's calls against defensive players for various hits, they act like they're supposed to just stop on a dime and the physics of momentum don't apply. it's kind of bullshit. I get that it's a "violent" game and attention should be applied to safety in the interest of all the former players coming forward with CTE and other concussion-related problems, but some of this shit's a little ridiculous.

I hate everything is corporate-ized now too. watch a game 20 years ago and there's barely any commercials. now you get a commercial before a kickoff, a commercial after said kick is received, and then another after 1 play. and then you get the 2 minute warning and another for the quarter ending. it's fucking exhausting watching football now.

Bust

Liked Posts:
This was a clean hit . . . dude got a 15 yard penalty and kicked out of the game. How did Fields not fumble?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
This was a clean hit . . . dude got a 15 yard penalty and kicked out of the game. How did Fields not fumble?

On this hit I would disagree that it was clean. LB dropped his head and led with his helmet, if his head was up it would have been a great hit. That one looked like a Doug Plank hit back in the day.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I miss the violence of the 80s & 90s, but with CTE...what are you going to do?

I was told for years that defenders cannot peel off at the last second....yet you see it all the time today. They are running, it's not a car at 60 mph.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On this hit I would disagree that it was clean. LB dropped his head and led with his helmet, if his head was up it would have been a great hit. That one looked like a Doug Plank hit back in the day.
I thought the same thing when I watched this. He led with the helmet. If he had not, that would have been a great hit.

Speed

Liked Posts:

IDK about completely clean. He lead with his head. The rules aren't only for the person being tackled, but to protect the tackler too. I'm sure we've seen enough guys injuring their neck and/or spine, because they jammed their head down into someone running full speed.

I can see the devil's advocate side. Expecting a guy to make a form Rugby tackle in a sport at full speed in a sport where you're trained to not give up in an inch might be a bit much at times. But #47 had some prior incidents too,so they were probably watching him like a Hawk.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I thought the same thing when I watched this. He led with the helmet. If he had not, that would have been a great hit.

It was a text book shoulder tackle <linebacker already committed> but as you can see Fields shifted his body at the last second before impact.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think they should dial back some stuff on defensive penalties. I get the idea of protecting players and protecting QBs, but when you see a defensive player's forearm brush a QB's helmet when he's fighting like hell to try to get to him, and it's a 15 yard penalty.... honestly, fuck off with that bullshit. It's fucking sad to watch.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Everything can be fixed if you went back to a soft helmet. Players will learn to tackle or they won’t be in the league. You can’t put people into what essentially amounts to an armored truck and not expect them to want to drive through walls.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was briefly mentioned on one of the ESPN shows, but mere seconds, then on to some other dumbass diva topic. Can't tarnish the brand with truth bombs now.

Of course he calls out a Bears OL/QB for the mistake. ?‍♂️