Tom Brady Effect

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Bahahahahaha

They hadn’t been to the playoffs in like 13 years.

Good one.
Explain the relevance of the Dirk Koetter or Lovie Smith era Buccaneers to their current iteration? Why does it have to be Tom Brady who turned them around and not the absolutely legendary run of A+ drafts the Bucs have been on these last three years.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yeah its become quarterback reductionist to the max now. Which is funny, because if you were to re-watch the Super Bowl it would be much more apparent that Tampa Bay's outstanding defense (Devin White should've won Super Bowl MVP) and Kansas City's poor backup offensive tackles were the big difference makers. Pat Mahomes was a total non-factor and Brady just coasted through that game.
REFS GAVE BRADY THAT GAME.
EITHER WAY IT DOESNT REALLY COUNT BECAUSE COVID. THEY SHOULD PUT A ASTRORICKS BY THAT BULLSHIT GAME.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What do you mean clutch? Tampa Bay blew out Kansas City, that game was never even close and it had not much to do with Tom Brady. You are letting season statistics betray what you watch with your own eyes.

I watched him completely dismantle Rodgers and the Packers at Lambeau in the first half.

There’s no point in arguing this. Zero and I mean zero chance the Bucs are Super Bowl champions without Tom Brady’s leadership, clutch play, and productivity. Lol @ talking about A+ drafting when they hadn’t even sniffed the playoffs until...wait for it....Tom Brady graced them with his presence and chose them to sign with.

Jason Licht would be in 100% agreement with me but I’m sure you know more.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
REFS GAVE BRADY THAT GAME.
EITHER WAY IT DOESNT REALLY COUNT BECAUSE COVID. THEY SHOULD PUT A ASTRORICKS BY THAT BULLSHIT GAME.

TOM BRADY IS MEH I MEAN SRS TRENT DILFERS WON A RING

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I watched him completely dismantle Rodgers and the Packers at Lambeau in the first half.

There’s no point in arguing this. Zero and I mean zero chance the Bucs are Super Bowl champions without Tom Brady’s leadership, clutch play, and productivity. Lol @ talking about A+ drafting when they hadn’t even sniffed the playoffs until...wait for it....Tom Brady graced them with his presence and chose them to sign with.

Jason Licht would be in 100% agreement with me but I’m sure you know more.
Its a combination of finding the right quarterback and putting him into the right roster situation with the right coach. Do you think the Bears win the Super Bowl last year with Tom Brady as their quarterback?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
TOM BRADY IS MEH I MEAN SRS TRENT DILFERS WON A RING
YUP. EVEN BRAD JOHNSENS AND JEFF HOSTITLER GOT THAT HARDWEAR. EFF A TOM BRADY

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Explain the relevance of the Dirk Koetter or Lovie Smith era Buccaneers to their current iteration? Why does it have to be Tom Brady who turned them around and not the absolutely legendary run of A+ drafts the Bucs have been on these last three years.
Why was a very similar roster 7-9 with #1 overall pick Jameis Winston at the helm?

Brady was huge for that team. Listen to teammates talk about the season and so often they believed they could win largely because of who was under center.

Stop clowning. Brady is the GOAT and that team doesn't win without him.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Its a combination of finding the right quarterback and putting him into the right roster situation with the right coach. Do you think the Bears win the Super Bowl last year with Tom Brady as their quarterback?
I DO.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Why was a very similar roster 7-9 with #1 overall pick Jameis Winston at the helm?

Brady was huge for that team. Listen to teammates talk about the season and so often they believed they could win largely because of who was under center.

Stop clowning. Brady is the GOAT and that team doesn't win without him.
The Eagles too went 7-9 the year before they won the Super Bowl and they did it with Nick Foles and it was over Tom Brady. It has been mentioned multiple times in this exact thread, Tampa Bay in the first half of the regular season was mediocre and didn't find their rhythm until the playoffs.

The point isn't that quarterback is irrelevant or that Tom Brady especially is irrelevant. The point is you need to build a team and its never as simple "the better quarterback always wins". This keeps getting proven over and over again in the NFL but people keep choosing to ignore.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The Eagles too went 7-9 the year before they won the Super Bowl and they did it with Nick Foles and it was over Tom Brady. It has been mentioned multiple times in this exact thread, Tampa Bay in the first half of the regular season was mediocre and didn't find their rhythm until the playoffs.

The point isn't that quarterback is irrelevant or that Tom Brady especially is irrelevant. The point is you need to build a team and its never as simple "the better quarterback always wins". This keeps getting proven over and over again in the NFL but people keep choosing to ignore.
Thanks for the Eagles SB lesson....

Yes Foles won, but without Wentz playing MVP caliber level ball and leading them to the #1 overall seed they don't win a Superbowl. You need high level play from your QB to get to and win a Superbowl. Wentz was great for 13 games where the team went 11-2. Foles came in and played well in his first game against woeful Giants, then stunk against the Raiders then Cowboys. For the playoffs he was underwhelming against the Falcons, then caught fire against the Vikings and Patriots.

Saying 'Foles won a Superbowl' really doesn't tell the story. He was bad in 2, average in 1, good in 1 and excellent in 2. Without the 11-2 start that type of team has a very hard road to go.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

I think the Eagles would have won if they had Tom Brady though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First @Montucky belittled TWO ccs HoF posters, now he's belittling GOAT HoF Brady lolz.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if 6 QBs have ever been drafted in the first round.
C'mon, too easy....

1983 - six QBs (Elway, Blackledge, Kelly, Eason, O'Brien, Marino), three of which ended up in the HoF...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Saying 'Foles won a Superbowl' really doesn't tell the story. He was bad in 2, average in 1, good in 1 and excellent in 2. Without the 11-2 start that type of team has a very hard road to go.
Yet the Eagles still won the Super Bowl? If your mindset is that the quarterback is position is the only thing that matters there is no way the Eagles should have advanced through the playoffs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
WHOMST SAID THAT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS FOR A SB WIN IS THE QB ?????

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Whole bunch this in this thread. Watch him cry for the mods.

ccs2.png

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Yes.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yes.

He would've gotten killed with Charles Leno Jr. at left tackle. Brady doesn't care about money, he goes where he knows he can win. He took one look at what the Bears trot out on the offensive front and blew off Chicago. Brady's a bit of a quack, but a football dummy he is not.