Tom Thayer has an interesting perspective regarding Teven

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I didn't directly hear what he said, but it sounds like gobble-de-gook nothingness.

With a right-handed QB, your RT is your stud run blocker, and your LT is your stud pass blocker. The Bears have no left-handed quarterbacks, so not sure what he's talking about.

If you put your best pass blockers on the right side, you'd be saying, "Fuck protecting my quarterback's blind side," and no one's going to do that.

Maybe he means that they'll run more plays---both run and pass---to the right side, with the assumption that Jenkins will be better than Leno right off the bat. But that's where rollouts and runs happen anyway, so sounds like a bullshit TV take.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You still have to protect the blindside of the QB

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe he meant the bears are going to flip things and finally rely on the offense to score point not just the defense and special teams

i had teven in my mock because he looks like my overgrown 15 year old who plays the same spot
mel kiper kiss my ass jk
love the pickup though
they didnt draft a line for mitch like that
however mitch isnt no justin fields ??

You still have to protect the blindside of the QB
Whoa the 3 stooges all in the same thread. Classic.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the point is if he's so good that would be willing to flip something???, he's good enough to play LT.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Justin Fields is right handed. The Bears can’t change that no matter how hard they try.
Are you discounting the notion that Justin Fucking Fields isn't better left handed than 90% of NFL QB's?
Bitch ,please!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have no idea what this means. Flip what? He lines up at Right Tackle, he's a Right Tackle. Are they saying they'll put the tight end on the weak side? Teams flip formations like that all the time, no team just lines up the same way in that regard. This makes no sense to me.

Left tackle's protect the blindside and generally are lined up opposite the defenses best pass rusher. None of that will change by lining up tight ends and receivers in different spots.
I haven't played Madden football in like 10+ years, but wasn't there a button to flip the plays? Maybe this is what he is talking about. With Nagy they shouldn't have him flip them 180 degrees, but just 90 degrees that way Cohen gets to run down field some.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The entire premise of this thread is the biggest problem with football: the need to overcomplicate things.

How about they put Teven in the spot where his talent is going to come out the most, and help the team win? I know that's a "simple" plan, but it seems fairly effective.
I think the first order of business for Nagy is to design the "Okie from Muskogee" special goal line play for Teven

elbandido

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe he meant having always the strong side left and having the first mission for the TE to protect the QB as well?
Or 22 Personnel with a real FB?