Tom Thayer unloads on Justin Fields' last four games "If Justin doesn't scramble anymore the rest of the season I don't care."

mecha

Liked Posts:
That was actually the theme back in the day on these boards. See how quickly it's changed??

Now it's become, we need to surround said QB with . . . hall of fame LT, All pro center, hall of fame wr, all pro runningback and hall of fame tight end.

LOL
"back in the day" when you "joined" in 2020. so who were you before? if you were Giant Panda I'll be very disappointed because I actually liked him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Going into the season a ton of people who cover the NFL, cover the Bears and cover sports in general talked about how Fields has been put in a position to fail and a handful of idiot fans are mad that he’s only scoring 30 points a game by being the best athlete on the field. Waaaaahhh more pocket passes.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Going into the season a ton of people who cover the NFL, cover the Bears and cover sports in general talked about how Fields has been put in a position to fail and a handful of idiot fans are mad that he’s only scoring 30 points a game by being the best athlete on the field. Waaaaahhh more pocket passes.
I wonder what percentage of these haters are CACs I'm thinking 100%

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great plays show up almost immediately. Brisker you can see it right away. Last year with Herbert as a rookie.

Historically speaking Forte, Mike Brown Urlacher.

Recent QB history Mahomes Burrow Watson.

Tua is having a good season but is being bolstered in a big way by his receivers. Same with Hurts, nice season but AJ Brown is bolstering him.

But do you believe for a second any of them are going to be as good as Mahomes has been since his first year as a starter?

Maybe Fields improves next year to a high level but the Bears won't win a Super Bowl with him. He won't be able to go toe to toe in the final 6 minutes of a game with Mahomes.

Fields is going to need an almost ideal team around him to win with his arm. I've seen this way too many times before.
you are a total reetard. Kelce is a HOF tight end. Tyreek Hill, one of the best OLs in football. Please go fuck yourself into a gas oven.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Ignoring the QB (since we know you think he's not any good), who on this offensive roster could be a big contributor on a championship level team?
@DanielCCSBears still wanting your thoughts on who on this roster (outside the QB) you think could be a big contributor on a championship level team.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great plays show up almost immediately. Brisker you can see it right away. Last year with Herbert as a rookie.

Historically speaking Forte, Mike Brown Urlacher.

Recent QB history Mahomes Burrow Watson.

Tua is having a good season but is being bolstered in a big way by his receivers. Same with Hurts, nice season but AJ Brown is bolstering him.

But do you believe for a second any of them are going to be as good as Mahomes has been since his first year as a starter?

Maybe Fields improves next year to a high level but the Bears won't win a Super Bowl with him. He won't be able to go toe to toe in the final 6 minutes of a game with Mahomes.

Fields is going to need an almost ideal team around him to win with his arm. I've seen this way too many times before.

So… basically the same problem as the HoF QB in Green Bay? lol

Honestly… if Fields wipes his ass with the Packers every year for the next 15 years… I‘ll be good. It would be way more satisfying to rub it in their fans’ faces every year and also watch an entire generation of Packers fans grow up thinking they are the Bears’s bitch. ??. (While a bunch of old Internet forums guys mumble on about the Packer glory days of the 90’s, ‘00’s and 10’s.)

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that part of the fanbase is poisoned into a national media conspiracy frenzy. They think Fields is in cahoots with Orlovsky to keep the offseason narrative that the offensive line and receiver group sucks.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
@DanielCCSBears still wanting your thoughts on who on this roster (outside the QB) you think could be a big contributor on a championship level team.
This isn't about the big picture. It's strictly about what Justin Fields is failing at.

I don't blame Justin Fields for David Montgomery averaging 3.9 a carry while Herbert is averaging 6.0 a carry.

No one else is afforded the excuses Justin Fields is afforded. Is it Darnell Mooney's fault his production has fallen off? Is it Cole Kmet's fault his yards have fallen off.

You'll stick up for Justin Fields but no one else?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't about the big picture. It's strictly about what Justin Fields is failing at.

I don't blame Justin Fields for David Montgomery averaging 3.9 a carry while Herbert is averaging 6.0 a carry.

No one else is afforded the excuses Justin Fields is afforded. Is it Darnell Mooney's fault his production has fallen off? Is it Cole Kmet's fault his yards have fallen off.

Idiot. Both are on pace for similar stats and kmet is actually producing where it matters, in the rz.

56E6FAD9-2D96-43E6-9828-9D9C1CA71F8E.jpeg103C0898-8613-428A-8672-FAE90027642E.jpeg

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Fields on the jets a pro bowler? I think for sure with dolphin/eagles he would be balling. Wondering with a younger offense like jets bet he’s a pro bowler

Uhhh It's 100% Fields that Kmet is even relevant dude! And Darnell Mooney has fallen off because there is zero WRs on the team that could take away opposition bests corners. Mooney is a 2 at best and do you not see increased production just by simply adding Claypool into the mix? And last, are you fucking slow?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

The big picture matters because you're the one making definitive statements on the outcome of Fields career. You're the one who said he'd never win a super bowl. Maybe you're right, a lot of players don't win a super bowl. But then again, maybe he will. He's in year 2.

You're also comparing him to QBs with significantly better supporting casts but expecting Fields to produce like Mahomes, or Tua, or Burrow, etc. Situations and supporting casts matter in football. His supporting cast is not good. You have to take that into account when evaluating any QB's situation. Zach Wilson got a shit ton of help last offseason and he still looks awful. That doesn't bode well for him. Trey Lance, if he were healthy, would have arguably the BEST supporting cast in football. If Fields were in SF, they're super bowl favorites. Trevor Lawrence also got a ton of help in the offseason, he hasn't looked good yet either but still early. Mac Jones had a good rookie season and has fallen apart this season so who knows what to make of him. Just because those QBs have struggled, it doesn't mean I'm going to immediately and declaratively state they won't ever win a super bowl or that they can't get better. That's a completely unserious take.

Fields has had several bad games to start the season and has progressively gotten better almost every week. Last week wasn't a good game but he still put up 225 yds of offense and 2 TDs. The front office intentionally gutted the roster to rebuild. I don't care how great a QB is, they're not winning anything with this level of a supporting cast. Expecting him to be a finished product midway through year 2 is stupid especially with the growth over the season.

And if you've read any of my posts, I stick up for plenty of players. As I've stated before, I thought Kmet was just a dude but has really developed into a good player over the course of this season that I now believe can develop into an above average to pro bowl caliber TE. I was wrong about him. I believe Jenkins is a keeper on the OL. I'm not a fan of the current WR room but their struggles also tie into the fact the QB doesn't have pass protection worth a shit. Brisker has looked good. Eddie Jackson (who I was very critical of last year), seems to have bought in and resurrected his career.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The big picture matters because you're the one making definitive statements on the outcome of Fields career. You're the one who said he'd never win a super bowl. Maybe you're right, a lot of players don't win a super bowl. But then again, maybe he will. He's in year 2.

You're also comparing him to QBs with significantly better supporting casts but expecting Fields to produce like Mahomes, or Tua, or Burrow, etc. Situations and supporting casts matter in football. His supporting cast is not good. You have to take that into account when evaluating any QB's situation. Zach Wilson got a shit ton of help last offseason and he still looks awful. That doesn't bode well for him. Trey Lance, if he were healthy, would have arguably the BEST supporting cast in football. If Fields were in SF, they're super bowl favorites. Trevor Lawrence also got a ton of help in the offseason, he hasn't looked good yet either but still early. Mac Jones had a good rookie season and has fallen apart this season so who knows what to make of him. Just because those QBs have struggled, it doesn't mean I'm going to immediately and declaratively state they won't ever win a super bowl or that they can't get better. That's a completely unserious take.

Fields has had several bad games to start the season and has progressively gotten better almost every week. Last week wasn't a good game but he still put up 225 yds of offense and 2 TDs. The front office intentionally gutted the roster to rebuild. I don't care how great a QB is, they're not winning anything with this level of a supporting cast. Expecting him to be a finished product midway through year 2 is stupid especially with the growth over the season.

And if you've read any of my posts, I stick up for plenty of players. As I've stated before, I thought Kmet was just a dude but has really developed into a good player over the course of this season that I now believe can develop into an above average to pro bowl caliber TE. I was wrong about him. I believe Jenkins is a keeper on the OL. I'm not a fan of the current WR room but their struggles also tie into the fact the QB doesn't have pass protection worth a shit. Brisker has looked good. Eddie Jackson (who I was very critical of last year), seems to have bought in and resurrected his career.
You and so many line

What help did Zach Wilson get?

Trevor Lawrence got "help" in the form of Christian Kirk oh boy ?

But yes declarative statements based on fact.

Here let me give you one that's easy.

Four QBs in the history of the NFL have started two or more Super Bowl games and not been elected to the Hall of Fame. Eli Manning may make it that one is still up for debate.

Big Ben will make it so I don't add him nor do I add Brady or Mahomes because they will assuredly make it.

Every other QB that's made it to the Super Bowl and started twice is in the Hall of Fame or will be outside of Eli Manning Joe Theisman Ken Stabler and Craig Morton.

You want Justin Fields to appear in more than one Super Bowl? He better start trending towards a Hall of Fame QB.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame QB, you better surround him with a bunch of Hall of Fame level players on offense and defense to get him to one Super Bowl.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame level QB then what the hell are we doing? Lounging in mediocrity?

The fact that this board seems to lack the understanding of just how important the QB position is in and of itself speaks volumes.