Tom Thayer unloads on Justin Fields' last four games "If Justin doesn't scramble anymore the rest of the season I don't care."

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You and so many line

What help did Zach Wilson get?

Trevor Lawrence got "help" in the form of Christian Kirk oh boy ?

But yes declarative statements based on fact.

Here let me give you one that's easy.

Four QBs in the history of the NFL have started two or more Super Bowl games and not been elected to the Hall of Fame. Eli Manning may make it that one is still up for debate.

Big Ben will make it so I don't add him nor do I add Brady or Mahomes because they will assuredly make it.

Every other QB that's made it to the Super Bowl and started twice is in the Hall of Fame or will be outside of Eli Manning Joe Theisman Ken Stabler and Craig Morton.

You want Justin Fields to appear in more than one Super Bowl? He better start trending towards a Hall of Fame QB.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame QB, you better surround him with a bunch of Hall of Fame level players on offense and defense to get him to one Super Bowl.

If Fields isn't a Hall of Fame level QB then what the hell are we doing? Lounging in mediocrity?

The fact that this board seems to lack the understanding of just how important the QB position is in and of itself speaks volumes.
This is so amazingly funny that you’re quoting history to make you feel like an expert, but you have it wrong. There is a QB that won two Super Bowls and isn’t in the Hall of Fame and is not on your list.

You’re tough to take seriously.

By the way, Stabler is in the Hall of Fame.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mustipher has far outperformed expectations. He's far and away been one of the most valuable players in the NFL.

Why? He's an undrafted free agent. He should not have made the team but he did. He's played well at times and he's been God awful at other times. He was supposed to be relegated to a backup role but due to injuries has been forced into a starting role.

He's not an ideal player right now and may never be but if he keeps playing like this as a backup they need to keep him on the roster.

His experience is invaluable.

Yeah absolutely he's been the worst offensive lineman on the team this year and he's been horrible at times. But he's a UDFA and the expectations for him should be in line with that.
Props to him for playing in the face of this type of adversity.
So Fields sucks and mustipher is good is the take you’re going with? Lol

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You really are a moron, like grade A moron. Even your attempts to troll me are stupid. You think you're funny, but you have the IQ of the shit I just dropped in the toilet. Good job bud.
There seems to be a disconnect between what you think you're saying and what you're actually posting. I would've come to the same conclusion that @Hawkeye. did. You've been a big proponent of saying Fields is not good. Nothing he's done has impressed you.

Meanwhile, in your prior post, you said "Mustipher has far outperformed expectations and that he's far and away been one of the most valuable players in the NFL." While also saying "Yeah absolutely he's been the worst offensive lineman on the team this year and he's been horrible at times. But he's a UDFA and the expectations for him should be in line with that."

The whole board knows you don't like Fields but you seem to be simultaneously arguing that Mustipher is both one of the most valuable players in the NFL while also being the worst offensive lineman on the team. So what other conclusion is one to reach that you think Mustipher is good and Fields sucks?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

“Justin, he needs throwing reps, if Justin doesn’t scramble anymore the rest of the year I don’t care I want to see Justin throw the ball and trust his receivers and trust his vision his sight, and his understanding of the coverages he’s seeing.”
-
Tom Thayer

Ya can't throw the ball without good pass pro. In 1985, with Thayer and the other OLmen, McMahon got good pass pro.

So, Thayer of all ppl...... as a former guard, should know the importance of good pass pro. JF is not getting good pass pro. However, Thayer doesn't want JF to move around and avoid getting beat up in a collapsing pocket.

mecha

Liked Posts:

“Justin, he needs throwing reps, if Justin doesn’t scramble anymore the rest of the year I don’t care I want to see Justin throw the ball and trust his receivers and trust his vision his sight, and his understanding of the coverages he’s seeing.”
-
Tom Thayer

Ya can't throw the ball without good pass pro. In 1985, with Thayer and the other OLmen, McMahon got good pass pro.

So, Thayer of all ppl...... as a former guard, should know the importance of good pass pro. JF is not getting good pass pro. However, Thayer doesn't want JF to move around and avoid getting beat up in a collapsing pocket.
I still say he was better off running away. lol he was already dinged up before the game, it could've happened in the pocket too.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Fields has made some incredible throws this year even if the passing attack has been inconsistent. He’s shown enough there despite a bad OLine to quell this type of constant criticism.

The media wants to build the lazy narrative that he can’t throw, like they did to Lamar Jackson, despite all the collegiate tape at big time programs and the flashes they showed early in the NFL.

Lawrence consistently gets a pass despite all the money that team sunk in the off season to upgrade on both sides of the ball. Wilson got a pass until his comments recently. Mac Jones was about to be benched for a rookie if the Pats lost to the Jets last week.

Yet it’s Fields who always has a target on his back in the media. Smh

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I still say he was better off running away. lol he was already dinged up before the game, it could've happened in the pocket too.

exactly......but JF is a warrior. That time when JF threw that dime TD to Pettis, he took a hella shot in the pocket and was laid out for a minute. So yeah, no doubt "it could've happened in the pocket too."

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields has made some incredible throws this year even if the passing attack has been inconsistent. He’s shown enough there despite a bad OLine to quell this type of constant criticism.

The media wants to build the lazy narrative that he can’t throw, like they did to Lamar Jackson, despite all the collegiate tape at big time programs and the flashes they showed early in the NFL.

Lawrence consistently gets a pass despite all the money that team sunk in the off season to upgrade on both sides of the ball. Wilson got a pass until his comments recently. Mac Jones was about to be benched for a rookie if the Pats lost to the Jets last week.

Yet it’s Fields who always has a target on his back in the media. Smh

The media wants to build the lazy narrative that he can’t throw

Unfortunately. negativity and controversy sells. So that's what certain sectors of the media roll with.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thayer needs to take a look at what this warrior did from pocket AND what happened @0:14 ?

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You really are a moron, like grade A moron. Even your attempts to troll me are stupid. You think you're funny, but you have the IQ of the shit I just dropped in the toilet. Good job bud.
damn, I finally made my way out of the fuckhead thread only to find this, now I learn there are different grades of morons, fuck, I'm going back to the fuckhead thread

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
This thread is gold, been telling you guys what's up with Fields for years!