Tonga played well in 15 games but now Poles literally kicks him to the curb? [Football only posts allowed]

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will never understand why in the world he would let go of TONGA whomst played good last season despite the fact that he was a 7th rounder pick and in spite of that played and started like a champion but now he is being replaced by Armani Watts? I know literally nothing about watts but if some one can explain how he could be a upgrade that would help keep me from never understanding this move by Poles. I have been a fan of Tonga since literally jump street because he has that Polynesian power and quiet anger the same spirit that my grandmother had being half Polynesian herselve so this saddens me deeply unless Watts will be better!
Tonga, not a bad player, but he's not a pass rusher. He would be great for run stopping, kind of like how Ian Scott was way back in the day of the 06 superbowl Bears... however...

As important as stopping the run is, this is a passing league now, if you can't help in that cause, you are not as serviceable. It's kind of like the Same LB or running the 4-3 or 3-4 base, you just don't do it these days, the majority of the time. Bears were Running the 3-4, Tonga is the starter.

Have not read other post besides OP

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If he clears waivers, I wonder if Tonga would be open to convert to OL. Stash him on practice squad for the season and see what happens. He’s not a pass rusher but he’s pretty athletic for his size.

pinkfloydster

Liked Posts:
I will never understand why in the world he would let go of TONGA whomst played good last season despite the fact that he was a 7th rounder pick and in spite of that played and started like a champion but now he is being replaced by Armani Watts? I know literally nothing about watts but if some one can explain how he could be a upgrade that would help keep me from never understanding this move by Poles. I have been a fan of Tonga since literally jump street because he has that Polynesian power and quiet anger the same spirit that my grandmother had being half Polynesian herselve so this saddens me deeply unless Watts will be better!

Let's see how quickly he makes it on another roster. Bear fans are so used to seeing bad football that a below average player is someone to cherish.

baredown

Liked Posts:
If he clears waivers, I wonder if Tonga would be open to convert to OL. Stash him on practice squad for the season and see what happens. He’s not a pass rusher but he’s pretty athletic for his size.
He has already cleared waivers. The NFL announced yesterday’s waiver claims, and the only Bear claimed was Caleb Johnson.

If Tonga isn’t a good fit for the Bears scheme any more, then the Bears aren’t a good fit for him, either. I’m guessing his agent is looking for opportunities with 3-4 teams. The Bears did keep him on the initial 53, so they still have some interest in him. But the interest may not be all that mutual...

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m tellin ya his Haka is weak or non existent...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tonga had 1 pressure last year. That is why he is gone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was the saddest cut for me as well Vick, but remember he is a 3/4 NT and we switched to a 4-3.

That’s why it makes sense. He just isn’t the body we want next to the bodies that matter.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think they may have made a mistake. Tonga may not be a starter in Eberflus's scheme but would be quality depth.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tonga was basically Toeaina 2.0

Decent player but we upgraded especially in this scheme.