Tony La Russa recently charged for DUI.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
On Feb. 24 at 11:40 p.m., a peace officer responded to a call and found La Russa standing alongside his SUV, according to an affidavit filed by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. La Russa told the officer, who had detected a "light odor of alcoholic beverage," that he had been at a dinner with friends from the Los Angeles Angels, for whom he was working as a special advisor. La Russa was stopped near the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and he told the officer he had hit something and had a tire blow out, according to the affidavit. After a field sobriety test, La Russa was taken into custody. In the affidavit, the peace officer described him as "argumentative."

Send this man to the Lance Briggs School of Drunk Driving, what the fuck was he doing waiting around for the fuzz?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you're 21 and you do this, there's an element of forgiveness with the caveat that you are young, and learn from your mistake.

When you're 76 and know better, and certainly have the money to take a cab or an Uber, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Fuck you, Jerry, and your clown hire.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
In this era of doing or saying the "wrong" thing and getting fired for it, why isn't this not being played out? What happened top WOKE?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grandpa needed an edge with the young team...

lol...we literally hired a town drunk who might be homeless and dead if it wasn't for a sport called baseball.
In his previous incident a decade earlier, he passed out at the wheel.

My driving school instructor did not have good things to say about, or data to believe in, repeat offenders.

He is now a repeat offender. If they knew about it they hired a 76 year old repeat offender, drunk...whose upside might be a dry drunk with good stories who was good at managing a pitching staff 15 years ago.

[Edit: PS I do kinda like it. Not now, or objectively, but in the future thinking about its reality...the idea of having a young hot rod macho team full of Cubans and vigor, coached by basically a ball and chain town dry and posssibly sometimes wet drunk with a story and legend for everything...spitting seeds and yelling obscenities half coherently from old age and long abuse...slurring at the umpire and kicking dust for the hell of it...I like it...I think its a good fit, I was just speaking objectively before...for the Southside Sox...its unfinished karma and thats why its perfect. Its the dumbest thing you ever heard, you can't make this shit up level wow, but also, its gonna be fun as hell. I'm sold. Try to think about the "reality" and not the stupidity, its gonna be can't miss tv...and yes I am high as hell, but thats why I see the truth of gameday, when this surreal experience will be happening. Its a total shit show and its amazing. This hire took "vision." Reinny probably got on that legal weed you got now, old age, private doctor...no doubt that is whats going on, but that don't mean its wrong.]

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

Team Chicago

Liked Posts:
yikes. So many red flags: owner hire and not the GM, likely inability to related to younger players and this to top it off. 3 strikes and your in.