Top 10 Centers

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Is Noah a top 10 center in the NBA? At first I thought no but upon further investigation...

Boston - Perkins
NY - Lee
NJ - Lopez
Philly - Dalembert
Toronto - Bargnani
Charlotte - Chandler
Atlanta - Horford
Miami - O'Neal
Washington - Haywood
Orlando - Howard
Cleveland - Shaq
Detroit - Brown
Indiana - Jones
Milwaukee - Bogut
San Antonio - McDyess
Dallas - Dampier
Houston - Ming
New Orleans - Okafor
Memphis - Gasol
Denver - Nene
Portland - Oden
Utah - Okur
Minnesota - Jefferson
OKC - Krstic
LA Lakers - Bynum
LA Clippers - Kaman
Phoenix - Frye
Golden St - Biedrins
Sacramento - Hawes

Howard, Ming, Jefferson, Shaq, Oden, Lopez, Nene', Bynum and Horford come to mind. I can go along with Noah being 10th, what do you think?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The boy from Golden State is better...Okafor is better...Gasol???

Nene is better...Kaman is better...Okur is better...Noah is not top 10...oh and Perkins is better until further notice.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
The boy from Golden State is better...Okafor is better...Gasol???

Nene is better...Kaman is better...Okur is better...Noah is not top 10...oh and Perkins is better until further notice.

I agree, Noah isn't there yet but he very well can be with a strong year. The problem with Noah was that he never showed up in shape. If he can play consistently throughout the year how he does at the end, he can be a top 10 center.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Noah is not a top 10 center. Possibly not even top 15.

In random order: Centers that are better (some are for now).

1 - Shaq
2 - Horford
3 - Perkins
4 - Lopez
5 - Dwight
6 - Yao
7 - Okafor
8 - Anres B. (Warriors)
9 - Oden
10 - Gasol
11 - Bynum
12 - Kaman
13 - Bogut (when healthy)
14 - Nene
15/16 - Lee/Bargnani (not true centers but they are still better)
17 - Okur
18 - Al Jeferson

Those are definitely better than Noah.

Then there are guys that are on par with Noah:

Chandler
Dalembert
Haywood
Kristic
Hawes

So to answer, Noah is actually in the bottom 10 of the centers.

Liked Posts:
If Shaq is the best center in the league in his 18th season how could anyone in his or her right mind even think for a second that Wilt couldn't dominate today?

Is anyone going to make that case?

That Wilt Chamberlain in his YOUTH would NOT average at LEAST 35 and 16 today?

When a 37-38 year old Shaq is the best thing going.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Who said Shaq was the best thing going? Dwight is better...much, much better than Shaq and anybody else in the league.
Cool007 was just saying that he was better than Noah, which I agree with. That list he made is in random order.

As far as Wilt? Calm down man.

Liked Posts:
No im cool man.

Communicating online can be hard...we cant hear our tones...we cant see the expressions on our faces as we express ourselves...we cant hear our volume...i dont know how many times ive been completely cool and calm and someone thought i was mad at them...or vice-versa when i've been upset but someone thought i was playing around. haha

I agree...Dwight Howard actually is better. Yet Shaq HAS to be at least second-best, right? At 37?

cool007

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
No im cool man.

Communicating online can be hard...we cant hear our tones...we cant see the expressions on our faces as we express ourselves...we cant hear our volume...i dont know how many times ive been completely cool and calm and someone thought i was mad at them...or vice-versa when i've been upset but someone thought i was playing around. haha

I agree...Dwight Howard actually is better. Yet Shaq HAS to be at least second-best, right? At 37?

Dwight and Yao are the 2 best centers and you can argue who is better.

Shaq is not THE BEST anymore but even at this age, he is still better than Noah.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Al Jefferson is the second best Center in the NBA. Not many Centers can put up his type of numbers. He can easily put Bulls in Eastern Conference elite.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
jefferson's not a center though naturally, and he doesn't play much defense at all. i'd much rather have noah as a true center if i had a true offensive minded PF

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Chitown773 wrote:
Al Jefferson is the second best Center in the NBA. Not many Centers can put up his type of numbers. He can easily put Bulls in Eastern Conference elite.

I agree Al doesn't get enough love, people always say he shouldn't be an All-Star because he plays or puts a numbers for a bad team, I thought being an All-Star was being one of the best at your position no matter how good or bad your team is, I voted for him over Yao last season, I'm tired of people discrediting a guy just because he puts up big numbers on a bad team, somebody has to put up those numbers.

cool007

Liked Posts:
When Yao is healthy, Yao is arguably the best Center in the NBA. I would say 1a Yao, 1b Dwight.

Jefferson after that

sebastian

Liked Posts:
Regarding Noah, I think he'll be top 15 this season. The guy looks to be in good shape, and he really put things together the last half of the season. However, to maximize his contribution, he needs to be paired with a PF who is an offensive +. A Bosh or Dirk-like player. Until then, his weaknesses will be difficult to mask on a night-to-night basis.

Hawkfanwillie07

Liked Posts:
I dont think that you can put Oden in the top ten. What has he done? You can't say someone is a good player based on potential. If that was the case, Tyrus could be a top ten PF.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You can give Yao a shot of super serum...he aint as good as Howard, period...Howard is better than any other center by a large margin, and his offensive game has very little refinement. Imagine him at 28! Good grief!