3. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns, 68

4. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics, 65

5. Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs, 51

6. Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks, 47

7. Grant Hill, Phoenix Suns, 41

8. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls, 41

9. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers, 40

10. Vince Carter, Phoenix Suns, 38

Read more: Dirk now most marketable NBA player; LeBron, D-Wade out of top 10 - NBA - Sporting News

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
wtf are 2 Phoenix Suns not named Nash doing on that list?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
dirk,kobe, i can see

alot of white players on that list:shifty:

vince carter surprises me a little

grant hill is just awesome...

surprised at steve nash and tim duncan being on there

lebron surprises me more than wade

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a hard time believing that Hill and Carter combined are more marketable than Wade or Lebron.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way that list is accurate! I don't care what formula they used...common sense and sports sense tells me that's impossible.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Any list of top 10 marketable players without Lebron and Wade on it...is a b.s. list...sorry...I do think Dirk got a bump though, but that is a bit much...

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me one bit that Wade or LeBron aren't in this top 10 list. Most people hate their guts. This actually seems like a fairly accurate list to me.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The N-Score measures name and image awareness, appeal and personality attributes such as sincerity, approachability, experience and influence, the Sun-Sentinel notes. Nowitzki topped the survey with an N-Score of 132. Kobe Bryant was second with a score of 83. James’ score fell from 131 to 26, and Wade’s dropped from 117 to 34.
“The extreme N-Score declines of LeBron and Dwyane Wade demonstrate that endorsement potential is about much more than consumer awareness,” said Stephen Master, vice president at Nielsen Sports. “From endorsement superstars to being knocked off the top 10 list, they’ve learned the hard way the importance of public perception and appeal.
So basically, because Lebron went to Miami, he lost all of his marketability. :rofl:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Attach a product to Jason Kidd's name and attach a product to LeBron James' name and tell me which one is more marketable.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They probably just came up to a random 12 year old and asked him who his 10 favorite players are and that's how they came up with the list.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I can see how LeBron and Wade are left off, they were both condemned since their celebration. Why use them to market anything. This list also shows Kobe's comeback. It shows you what winning and losing can do to your marketability.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
so dont fuck up in your personal life, get busted with drugs, womanize, speak your mind about social issues, and dont be the bad guy(s) and you can be marketable, pfft. .. pretty much

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I can see how LeBron and Wade are left off, they were both condemned since their celebration. Why use them to market anything. This list also shows Kobe's comeback. It shows you what winning and losing can do to your marketability.

I think that's stupid...Kobe and Kidd should be on the list but Lebron shouldn't? OK!!! Those guys are no better than Lebron, they're worse as far as what they've done during their time in the league.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that's stupid...Kobe and Kidd should be on the list but Lebron shouldn't? OK!!! Those guys are no better than Lebron, they're worse as far as what they've done during their time in the league.

What you don't seem to grasp is that marketability has not much to do with how good you are as a player... it's about a combination of things outside of that.

The best dunker of the last decade (VC) will be up there.

The best player of the last decade (Kobe) will be up there.

The best white guard of the last decade (Nash) will be up there because, let's face it, the most money the NBA generates are from suburbanites. And who lives in the suburbs? Predominantly- whites.

Guys with little appeal are the douchebags. I'm sure LeBron and D-Wade are in the top 20 or so... but people all over Chicago, NY, LA, Cleveland, small-market areas all HATE their guts.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It wouldn't have shocked to me see Nate Robinson's name pop up before LeBron's.

DCguy

Liked Posts:

You right Kobe and Kidd did worse things. Kobe got his treatment. But the difference is Kobe and Kidd situations were years ago, LeBron and Wade's are more recent.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
What you don't seem to grasp is that marketability has not much to do with how good you are as a player... it's about a combination of things outside of that.

The best dunker of the last decade (VC) will be up there.

The best player of the last decade (Kobe) will be up there.

The best white guard of the last decade (Nash) will be up there because, let's face it, the most money the NBA generates are from suburbanites. And who lives in the suburbs? Predominantly- whites.

Guys with little appeal are the douchebags. I'm sure LeBron and D-Wade are in the top 20 or so... but people all over Chicago, NY, LA, Cleveland, small-market areas all HATE their guts.

Yet Lebron had the best selling jersey in the league...and I would be willing to bet he will be the top seller this year coming up. Lebron made more money on Madison Avenue than most of that list combined. Again, Steve Nash and Vince Carter do not have more appeal than Lebron James and Dwyane Wade...Lebron's "Q Score" was at its lowest before the season if I'm not mistaken, he still sold shoes and jerseys...

That list is b.s....no reason trying to explain it.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
You right Kobe and Kidd did worse things. Kobe got his treatment. But the difference is Kobe and Kidd situations were years ago, LeBron and Wade's are more recent.

Kidd's prime was years ago...he ain't selling nothing over Lebron. Kobe is still very popular, but he is also very unpopular.