Top FA available for 2nd Wave, with a focus on Center

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Haven't forgotten Lovie tenure, that's why we were hoping it would be a little different and be what Poles said it would be, focusing on helping Fields.

Ogunjobi shows the priority, good word for this signing, is Defense, once again, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
They literally difd not have a 3t under contract.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Haven't forgotten Lovie tenure, that's why we were hoping it would be a little different and be what Poles said it would be, focusing on helping Fields.

Ogunjobi shows the priority, good word for this signing, is Defense, once again, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
Please calm down. The new gm has made 1 addition to the roster. Take a deep breath

Nelly

Liked Posts:

We're one day through free agency. This "OMG his first free agency signing was a defensive guy he doesn't care about Fields we're doomed life sucks" attitude is entirely unjustified.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Poles should have waved his magic want and gotten the top OL guys to not re -up with their current teams, or to sign for half the price others were offering. Or he should have just gone out back and picked one off the OL tree…

You guys seem to want him to sign someone just to sign someone. That’s stupid. But this is ccs…
Never said anything about half price. So not sure WTF you’re talking about? And I clearly said I wanted to prioritize Fields and not “sign someone just to sign someone.”

At least TRY. I know it’s hard for you but just TRY to be better.

Thanks

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Never said anything about half price. So not sure WTF you’re talking about? And I clear said I wanted to prioritize Fields and not “sign someone just to sign someone.”

At least TRY. I know it’s hard for you but just TRY to be better.

Thanks
And who’s to say they didn’t? Oh…you and your clueless cohorts…

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Clearly that poster thinks the Bears are in a position to go spending crazy on “high end” free agents. His boy Pace was great at that.
He's off to a good start overpaying for a 3 tech on the first day of free agency but i'm still all in on Poles, just not too happy with that first move after telling everyone he wasn't gonna spend like that and definitely wasn't expecting to be on a 3 tech, but 3 tech is a huge need so i'm with it, just not the money.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Would have rather overspent on a center than the mythical 3 tech. Fields should have been priority #1.
I think Fields remains priority 1, one FA means nothing more than they came to terms with a guy at a position of need at a price they felt represented value. That value may stem from production, potential, or scarcity.

I imagine Poles knows the Bears positions of most dire need and the difficulty in filling those needs and has a FA board that he is going to follow. FA is a marriage of mutual attraction vs the NFL draft arranged marriage, so he can only do what he can do and certainly isn't going to come out and say, "We liked several OL players but couldn't get them to negotiate at even ridiculous contract offers."

Thus, what he is trying to do vs what he is seen to be doing may not exactly be evident. Once Fa and the draft are complete, if once again the OL has been largely ignored, concerns will certainly become more valid.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Not really. They don’t block or catch passes. A good defense makes it easier to score points. But has nothing to do with helping a QB develop. We saw that with Mitch when he had a good defense.
Mitch didn’t develop because he had no one to develop him as a coach. Don’t be this stupid.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
it’s crazy to think at least a decent defense could help a young QB to develop too.
And a good offense can keep it’s defense off it’s heels the whole game. I really don’t see your point here. Want to know what would help a young qb develop? A quality oline specifically a veteran center would have done wonders.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think everyone needs to lighten up. If you can't take a joke about the Bears spending 40 million dollars on a DT with a host of needs on offense.. well then you just can't take a joke.

If Pace didn't get fired and made the same deal, people would be bitching and moaning like crazy.

It's comical guys. We suck on offense so we hired a defensive head coach and signed a big money DT. If its not worth a cry then its worth a laugh.