Top WR Free Agents

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone wants the Bears to get another receiver or two, but I'm not so certain the Bears will - I think their efforts will be more toward signing a couple of veterans for the offensive line, and I think they are going to give Pringle the chance to take the X Receiver spot.

Remember, Pringle is a guy Poles knows very well. And I think they are going to have Jones Jr in the slot, where his speed can really fuck up linebackers and safeties.

In a year where they are going nowhere, its ok to see what they have there. The better WRs likely won't want to come here anyway as they won't want to be a part of a rebuild, and will want to have a QB that is more of a known quantity throwing to them.
That's a tell., on the river or flop if you will

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cap space for this year is a big issue right now. I would take Beasely. Fields needs another reliable WR who can make clutch 3rd down catches. THey need this more than another speed guy

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That type of speed plus a non Nagy offense will allow Fields to open up and be himself. I also think you would see an improvement from Kmet. The only issue from that type of group is you don’t have a pure possession Wr.
Not too concerned about not having a true possession guy. Mooney is going to get a ton of targets. If getsy is worth his salt, he should be able to make the offense work with Mooney, Pringle, Fuller, VJJ, Monty, Kmet.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Young up and comers like dj chark and Christian kirk?
Like Chark yup! And Gage. You don’t think they’re better than Pringle? What about MVS? Shit Allen Robinson would immediately improve this roster. Stop acting like there was absolutely no WR in free agency that could improve this roster.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Like Chark yup! And Gage. You don’t think they’re better than Pringle? What about MVS? Shit Allen Robinson would immediately improve this roster. Stop acting like there was absolutely no WR in free agency that could improve this roster.
Chark is probably better but has been consistently injured. Gage isn't really all that interesting. MVS is fucking terrible. The ship had already sailed with Robinson.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
It would be nice to add one more receiver our current group dosen't inspire much confidence for me at all. I feel good about our defense but we need another veteran to help challenge the young receivers, competition keeps them hungry and will only make them better.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Julio was a beast with the Falcons, it’s a shame injuries have destroyed his career

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Julio Jones
Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham Jr
Emmanuel Sanders
Cole Beasley
T.Y. Hilton
Will Fuller
Antonio Brown
Marquise Goodwin
Adam Humphries
Keelan Cole
Danny Amendola
John Ross
Albert Wilson

Who do you want?
I'd wait until post June 1st and see what cuts are made, with all the top end receivers drafted, there are going to be some surprise cuts.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not too concerned about not having a true possession guy. Mooney is going to get a ton of targets. If getsy is worth his salt, he should be able to make the offense work with Mooney, Pringle, Fuller, VJJ, Monty, Kmet.
I do agree and figured I should have put “issue” because it’s not that big of a concern

napo55

Liked Posts:
There is nothing but hopes and dreams after Mooney. If he goes down, this team is finished and Fields has by far the worst receivers in the NFL.

So sign somebody,

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm taking my shot with Will Fuller on a 1 year $7 mil deal and then signing K.Cole to replace Fuller when he gets hurt.

I like Pringle and VJJ in the slot receiver role so that's the only reason why i'm not saying C.Beasley and not saying Landry for that same reason and how much he would cost.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honest question... is it still a freestyle if he's reading it off his phone?

Anyway. With the shape of the receiving core right now, I'll take any of those guys. Especially if you can somehow give them a one year.

From a purist perspective no. But in more general terms it is still a freestyle because his lyrics were not specifically made for that beat so he still has to match his flow to the beat.

The old school definition also was not about improvisation but rather freestyle was just a rhyme using written that had no real subject matter and was just written to showcase your abilities.

Last edited:

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chark is probably better but has been consistently injured. Gage isn't really all that interesting. MVS is fucking terrible. The ship had already sailed with Robinson.
Every single one of them is better than Pringles. If somehow Poles knows something about Pringles that no other single GM In the league does, he’d have given him more than a one year contract.

I’m not saying any of them are world beaters, but they would be an improvement over everyone single wr on this roster except Mooney.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Every single one of them is better than Pringles. If somehow Poles knows something about Pringles that no other single GM In the league does, he’d have given him more than a one year contract.

I’m not saying any of them are world beaters, but they would be an improvement over everyone single wr on this roster except Mooney.
Going to have to agree to disagree here.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fuller would be nice but I don’t think Poles wants his personal history in Chicago.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Everyone wants the Bears to get another receiver or two, but I'm not so certain the Bears will - I think their efforts will be more toward signing a couple of veterans for the offensive line, and I think they are going to give Pringle the chance to take the X Receiver spot.

Remember, Pringle is a guy Poles knows very well. And I think they are going to have Jones Jr in the slot, where his speed can really fuck up linebackers and safeties.

In a year where they are going nowhere, its ok to see what they have there. The better WRs likely won't want to come here anyway as they won't want to be a part of a rebuild, and will want to have a QB that is more of a known quantity throwing to them.

They drafted 1 player short of a complete oline. On top of who we still have I don't see them assuring we'll have more oline cuts than we already have. We have 15, 1/3-1/2 already aren't going to make the cut.

I'd be sure we'll try for a FA WR although affordability is an issue and as you said the best won't want to be here. But we're backed into the corner of needing a sure thing WR for this year.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I do think they need to bring one veteran in. The problem with this list is the durability concerns. I just don't see any of these guys making it through a season with half the games on the field conditions of soldier field and the inclement weather. I would definitely prioritize sure hands and route running when choosing a vet because ultimately, they are simply going to be a tool with which Justin Fields is measured against so those two elements seem the most vital.