Top WR Free Agents

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
A whole lot of trashy manbabies on that list. Let them go and ruin someone else's locker room.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cap space for this year is a big issue right now. I would take Beasely. Fields needs another reliable WR who can make clutch 3rd catches. THey need this more than another speed guy
I agree, Beasley would be a nicr security blanket, and won't break the bank

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears don’t need any slot WRs, so you can remove a lot of the guys you listed. Personally, I love the idea of adding Julio Jones. He is still a freak of nature - but can’t seem to shake a persistent hamstring injury. I love the idea of splitting reps between Julio and St. Brown. Julio can stay healthy and St. Brown can develop.

A simple one year deal with incentives until the Bears address the #1 WR in the draft next season.
This is what I came here to see. I like Julio (pending cost), but you know he's not going to play all season. If you go into with a plan to split reps, it might work. Also, could be nice for Mooney to pick his brain.

I also believe though that some of the older guys on the list are going to wait until a contender calls.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass on Will Fuller.

If I am taking a chance on a often injured receiver, I am going with John Ross.

Faster & more talented than Fuller and the Bears hired a former WR coach as OC, so maybe they can get him looking like a first round pick again.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
thats not a freestyle if he’s reading from notes

Thanks for repeating on multiple other people have already posted. The third time was needed.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lot of posters wanting Landry when the Bears just drafted PhD Velus who is primarily a slot WR.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Jarvis Landry has the most potential to be a legitimate wr for the next 2-3 seasons. At the same time he wants 20 mil a year. If we aren't going to pay ARob 18 mil a year, why would we pay Landry 20 mil. Even if he take a 1 year provide it deal his ultimate goal is to get paid that big contract.

I think Keleen Cole is likely the best middle ground option. Affordable and talented enough to be a 3rd/4th option.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think Jarvis Landry has the most potential to be a legitimate wr for the next 2-3 seasons. At the same time he wants 20 mil a year. If we aren't going to pay ARob 18 mil a year, why would we pay Landry 20 mil. Even if he take a 1 year provide it deal his ultimate goal is to get paid that big contract.

I think Keleen Cole is likely the best middle ground option. Affordable and talented enough to be a 3rd/4th option.
I dont really want Landry, but do you really think he is getting anywhere close to $20 million? He won't play this year if he wants to stick to that expectation. He might get 12-14

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I dont really want Landry, but do you really think he is getting anywhere close to $20 million? He won't play this year if he wants to stick to that expectation. He might get 12-14
No I don't, but I don't think he will sign anything other than a 1 year deal when reality eventually hits. And then he will aim for a big payday if he does work out.

Is it really worth risking for the potential headache if the thought process is he us going to test the market again looking for big money in another year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would much rather give Pringle, Moore, VJJ and Newsome a shot rather than Landry.

Landry is not the difference between Fields developing or not.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We all don’t have desk jobs or are unemployed with enough time read the entire thread when every thread on this forum gets reduced to small dick owning pricks like you trying to sound off to something that is missing in your personal life. Twista would own that fool. So would psycho drama, bumpy Johnson too!

That escalated quickly I'm not sure why you got so offended that I said it's already been posted.

Something missing in my personal life? I talk about football because my life sucks yet you're also hear and responded to my post within hours.

A professional rapper would beat an NFL player in rapping? No shit.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah I would much rather give Pringle, Moore, VJJ and Newsome a shot rather than Landry.

Landry is not the difference between Fields developing or not.

Why don't you want Landry?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't get the impression that Poles would be looking to bring in a big name, nor someone on a deal longer than for this coming season. John Ross, his speed and (lack of a) great resume seems to fit the bill.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Jones if he can pass a physical, Landry, Beasley, or Ross is my choice.