Trade Baez

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Trade this dude. Get a haul. Let Hoerner take over at SS. This org needs an infusion of young talent in the form of pitching.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Trading Baez makes zero sense. Even when he isn’t hitting he is helping you win games. The Cubs were the #1 team in baseball at turning ground balls into outs this season. Javy at SS is a big part of that. Trading him will hurt the team in so many ways you probably don’t even realize

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trading Baez makes zero sense. Even when he isn’t hitting he is helping you win games. The Cubs were the #1 team in baseball at turning ground balls into outs this season. Javy at SS is a big part of that. Trading him will hurt the team in so many ways you probably don’t even realize

Really. Dump Baez for pitching? What? After they managed all of one run in two playoff games? Averaged 5 hits a game for the last ten or 12 games? Scored one run or less in 9 of their last 20 games? And this guy wants pitching.....lmao

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Depends on what sort of deal he is looking at long-term. If he's thinking anything more than $20m per year, Cubs should definitely look to trade him.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
BLOW IT UP!!! ALL IN!!!!! DO IT!!!!!! NO ONE IS GOING TO NOTICE DUE TO THE EMPTY SEATS!!!!

!!!!!!!TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade him. Even when his O tanked his D was game changing. He runs well also.

He is already going into a historically strong SS F/A market and opting for F/A would be unwise for him financially. He is far better off taking a extension.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I'd feel so much better about all this trade talk if we had a solid farm system.

One simple way to get there. See White Sox white flag trade with their #1 and #2 starters, Sale and Quintana

Now they have one of the best farms in the league with a young roster on the cusp of greatness.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CUBS NEED TO SELL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!RESTOCK THE FARM, BLOW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!