Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Imagine thinking he’s the problem here ?‍♂️

mecha

Liked Posts:
I watched a lot of Buffalo's preseason this year. Mitch Trubisky looked real good... quick reads, quick release, accurate pin-point throws. I'm really curious to see how Trubisky has developed, he's a back-up right now, but maybe he'll be available next year.
that was preseason. yesterday he did not fare well I'm told. like, standard affair Mitch Trubisky stuff. the Bills are like a lightyears ahead upgrade with offense over the Bears, so he doesn't have any excuses left.

also call me old fashioned, I believe you should always run on first down. you remember that shit years ago where Dennis Green was saying "the Bears are who we thought they were"? he meant they're a predictable dipshit pass first team. that was 15 years, 3 head coaches, and about 14 offensive coordinators ago for those keeping track. the more things change the more they stay the same. you have a force in David Montgomery and his backups, I would think you should take advantage of that so your 3rd and longs become 3rd and shorts instead. at least I was under the impression that's how legitimate offenses do it.

every mock draft season people keep clamoring how it's a "pass first league" as if the runningback position is somehow obsolete. the successful Super Bowl winning teams do both, for posterity. oh, and their defenses have to usually be good too, unless of course you're the #31 defense playing against the #32 defense, then it kind of doesn't matter.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm confused as to how everyone went from autofellating him 2 weeks ago to going back to the bust narrative to another collective saying "LoL tRaDe HiM 4 PiCkS nOw!!" when it hasn't even been a whole season yet.

you people aren't even bipolar, you're like tri-polar.
it's called JayMitch disease

Liked Posts:
After a sobering night to reflect on yesterday’s shitshow I still think it’s too rash to call him a bust. It’s pretty obvious to everybody that a combination of a shit o-line, poor wide receivers and terrible scheming isn’t helping him.

I think if you get a decent o-line and schemes that get wide receivers open he’ll show real moments of quality.

My biggest dislike from the quarterback play yesterday though was how often the pass was “go big” or “go bust”. If a deep option wasn’t available the whole play fell to shit. It was either a deep pass or running play. So one dimensional.

Yes Fields has good arm strength but a deep throw shouldn’t be his go to every play. It should be there as an option to complement the rest of the passing game. Against the Steelers in the 2nd half he looked most comfortable playing quick short-medium throws and yesterday that just wasn’t done.

Fields is a versatile quarterback who with a decent coach will open up a lot of options. His main flaw is the fumbling aspect but that can be ironed out with coaching and better protection.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
using his injury to #CALLEDIT?

Very low class of you. Also, to not take advantage of a QBs ability to run with designed runs is dumb. You dont have to RG3 him but you have to use him. Unfortunately for Justin, he gets killed by this OL and offense and the refs allow defenses to hit him repeatedly with the ball out of his hands with no repercussions.

But yeah, shitty move on your part.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Calling Fields a bust at this point is meatball shit. He threw some darts yesterday that weren't caught by our WRs. He also had some balls off the mark by just a foot or so. It happens. Every QB in the league turns in stinkers. And every rookie QB has different seasons. You can point to Herbert who looked fantastic. Or you can look at Josh Allen who looked terrible. Both turned out to be great QBs. It's up to Fields to learn from the season, but the potential is there. We've all seen the wow throws and also plays where Fields tries to do to much and gets in trouble.

I find it hard to judge Fields with Nagy's shit scheme. I read a tweet from DBB of all people that really boils down the Bears offense. The two biggest issues with the Bears offense - edge protection and WR separation. What does Nagy call - long pockets and exclusively deeper/long developing routes. No safety valves for blitzes, easy completions or opportunities for YAC. It's borderline criminal. How Nagy has been involved in football his entire life and doesn't understand this is quite possibly the most incompetent thing I've ever seen.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im so damn confident in Fields and i'm probably the most skeptical poster on this board.
It’s borderline insane . Never mind that one of our worst posters kept harping on the fact the Ravens had the worst passing defense and Nagy decided to throw it 10 times in a half but they blame Fields???

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It’s borderline insane . Never mind that one of our worst posters kept harping on the fact the Ravens had the worst passing defense and Nagy decided to throw it 10 times in a half but they blame Fields???
Zero screens until Dalton came in. Did they move the pocket once? Heard a stat(not verified) on the score about a half hour ago that in the last 40 games, the Bears failed to score a point in the first half in 20 of those games. 20. This isn't a Justin Fields problem.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I like how @dbldrew tries to lump most bears fans in with his shit comment. Please name ten bears fans on this board alone who has a sinking feeling about Fields?
I was speculating on the reason for the "bio polar" responses that mecha was commenting on. but if you want 10 Bears fans who have a sinking feeling then here you go..

1 - Brian
2 - Larry
3 - Dave
4 - Harry
5 - Nate
6 - Matt
7 - Barney
9 - Mike
10 - Eric

Liked Posts:
Zero screens until Dalton came in. Did they move the pocket once? Heard a stat(not verified) on the score about a half hour ago that in the last 40 games, the Bears failed to score a point in the first half in 20 of those games. 20. This isn't a Justin Fields problem.

Don’t you know that not playing screen passes was all part of the Nagy master game plan? Then when they least expecting it… boom 60 yd touchdown.

Felt like the only time in the game they didn’t go deep and it actually resulted in something good. Really are the easiest team to defend against, cut off the deep pass and just wait for the pocket to collapse under it’s incompetence.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Glad to see CCS is a giant turd after a loss as per usual.

No, you don't trade fields.

Just get rid of anyone not on a rookie deal this offseason and start over on offense.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was speculating on the reason for the "bio polar" responses that mecha was commenting on. but if you want 10 Bears fans who have a sinking feeling then here you go..

1 - Brian
2 - Larry
3 - Dave
4 - Harry
5 - Nate
6 - Matt
7 - Barney
9 - Mike
10 - Eric
All of them are packer fans

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don’t you know that not playing screen passes was all part of the Nagy master game plan? Then when they least expecting it… boom 60 yd touchdown.

Felt like the only time in the game they didn’t go deep and it actually resulted in something good. Really are the easiest team to defend against, cut off the deep pass and just wait for the pocket to collapse under it’s incompetence.
Def the easiest to defend when the HC/OC/whatever he is liked to play into teams strengths instead of attacking weaknesses. White flag offense if ive ever seen one.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's kinda funny to see meltdowns like this because I'm not sure what bears fans are expecting to see on sunday.

I legit go to the game just to see justin. This team is worse than that trestman team, the only difference is there aren't a bunch of brandon marshalls in the locker room to yell at our kicker.

Still a bright future for this team once we flush the turd that is nagy. Just a shame we have to endure 7 more games of this crap.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's kinda funny to see meltdowns like this because I'm not sure what bears fans are expecting to see on sunday.

I legit go to the game just to see justin. This team is worse than that trestman team, the only difference is there aren't a bunch of brandon marshalls in the locker room to yell at our kicker.

Still a bright future for this team once we flush the turd that is nagy. Just a shame we have to endure 7 more games of this crap.
You continue to keep leaving out Ryan Pace in your criticisms.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Another idiot Chicago fan. This is why Saturday night live made fun of us

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wait a minute....he was injured on a designed run ? :mad:

using his injury to #CALLEDIT?

Very low class of you. Also, to not take advantage of a QBs ability to run with designed runs is dumb. You dont have to RG3 him but you have to use him. Unfortunately for Justin, he gets killed by this OL and offense and the refs allow defenses to hit him repeatedly with the ball out of his hands with no repercussions.

But yeah, shitty move on your part.

See this is why I don't deal with u and ask that u avoid me. You took what I said about designed runs and tried to
twist, thinly veil and alter it, to me somehow being a vindicated "Very low class" . For saying I don't want our first round Qb doing designed runs and risking injuring. I did a whole thread & poll (see above) on why I didn't want JF doing designed runs regardless of speed or running ability. And the majority of ppl here agreed with me.

Of course the OL is suspect, that's why I've always said ...let Fields' decide when he wants to run, move around, extend plays etc vs designed runs. What's shitty is you crafting a thinly veiled lie that I in some way take glee in our first round Qb getting injured.

>>#67