CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I stand pat if I'm the Hawks....with a possibility of the world returning to semi-normal next season, there may be a cap increase...or not. There is an expansion draft to consider, and some young guys made nice strides this year (yes @Grimson that would include young Boq) and deserve a longer look. The captain's future is up in the air...lots of variables for a team that is not Cup ready this season, so no need to rock the boat too much.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if Toes returns. In that Kane congratulations clip Toes looked like he's aged 5 years and hasn't lifted any weights for the longest.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I would agree with you except that we are the old guys with a three cup trio.

I'll take old and weird and short and less games and see what happens?! This might be a better chance for Hawks than normal, except that they have to beat the best first.

I say hell yeah! Lets get the Lightning toe to toe first and settle some past shit. A 50 game Keith>80 game Keith.

Its our advantage being small and old.

Bruh....Bolts would/will savage us. Our roster, speed, skill, and size are inferior to theirs, whether 1 game, 50, or 80. Fact.

Does not mean we are trending well, just gots to give this some time with realistic expectations and timeline.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Bruh....Bolts would/will savage us. Our roster, speed, skill, and size are inferior to theirs, whether 1 game, 50, or 80. Fact.

Does not mean we are trending well, just gots to give this some time with realistic expectations and timeline.

While I agree not to sell for a 1 year rental (less it's a one sided deal like the canes pulled off on Toronto)

It's the NHL, playoffs are a different breed..

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Hawks have been actively trying to take on bad contracts for the last 3 weeks. This is a big time for Stan, word is the market is not as big as before like the piece bust shared. As Mass said its about finding dance partner good news came out today Quarantine period for players going from USA to Canada down to 7 days from 14. If someone is gonna overpay its someone from up North. This is the best chance for a Canadian team to win cup since one of them will make the final 4. Stan can also flip a player from another team and retain a good chunk of the salary. Stan does not need to hit a home run here but needs to get something for all the cap space room.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's guys that have expiring contracts to consider trading. Janmark, Sodeberg, Walmark (I think).

Bust

Liked Posts:
There's guys that have expiring contracts to consider trading. Janmark, Sodeberg, Walmark (I think).

Keep Janmark around if he willing to sign a cap friendly extension. He came to Chicago cause he felt the Stars didn't utilize his game to it's strengths.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think Toews has essentially retired, but that won’t be made official until the offseason. He’s not even skating. There have always been rumors about his diet and why he can’t eat meat. It might just have become too much to manage at this point or his condition has worsened.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Lightning will get Kucherov back for playoffs too. One can argue he is the best player in the NHL.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep Janmark around if he willing to sign a cap friendly extension. He came to Chicago cause he felt the Stars didn't utilize his game to it's strengths.

Yeah Janmark has been a surprise to me.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Im with you tater but if they are still in playoff chase im not sure they move them. They are a little worried about filling the UC next year making playoffs might help that. Just my 2 cents

Bust

Liked Posts:

As far as the Blackhawks are concerned, Friedman said the biggest question facing the team (with their $20M+ in cap space) is what the sweetener be for Chicago in a deal where they are taking on either a bad contract or dead money: “Stan Bowman isn’t going to do that for free,” Friedman said. “He’s going to ask for a decent prospect or a good pick.”

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

As far as the Blackhawks are concerned, Friedman said the biggest question facing the team (with their $20M+ in cap space) is what the sweetener be for Chicago in a deal where they are taking on either a bad contract or dead money: “Stan Bowman isn’t going to do that for free,” Friedman said. “He’s going to ask for a decent prospect or a good pick.”
Any former hawks out there available.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any former hawks out there available.

giphy.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only move I want to see happen is DeHaan gone. Granted, I don't want the team put in hock to do so. Right now though he's playing worse defense than the milk carton with Kim Johnsson's face on it and he's effectively blocking at least one of our youths in NHL development time. If there's no way we can move him then fine, but since this is a rebuilding year and so far Mitchell, Beaudin, and Boqvist have proven there' good enough for the NHL right now we might as well try to jettison all useless baggage.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stand pat be the third wheel for a team like Maple Laughs or a true contender. Take on a couple bad contracts that expire at the end of the season. Hold out for 1sts or 2nds and higher level prospects.

let’s take someone to the shed like Carolina did to us taking Teuvo in the Bigfoot trade.