Trade Deadline/Future Line discussion

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
The Hawks depth scoring has disappeared.

Kane has also been in a bit of a goal drought, but it's tough when it's up to Dabrincat, Kane, or Kubalik to provide most of the goals. Suter has also been good, but they need guys like Kurashev to be more consistent. He hasn't had a point since 3/20 or a goal since 3/15

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Kane has also been in a bit of a goal drought, but it's tough when it's up to Dabrincat, Kane, or Kubalik to provide most of the goals. Suter has also been good, but they need guys like Kurashev to be more consistent. He hasn't had a point since 3/20 or a goal since 3/15
Kurashev was playing above and beyond for the first quarter of the season, he certainly has some upside as was shown in multiple games but the team can’t look at him to be a consistent producer. He is a solid third liner at best. Without Toews and Dach trying to find his way, the Hawks dont have much in the production department behind the Cat, Kane and Kubalik. Strome is hit or miss, our defence doesn’t really help out offensively, can’t expect Kampf and or Carpenter to light the lamp, Stan has a lot of work to do in both the offensive side of things and defensive.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They gave up an ECHL kid for him. I would assume it is for the big club as Hagel is in Covid protocol

Is he in protocol again now? He was cleared yesterday and played last night.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprising...lack of center depth is glaring, D is still thin, although the 2 B's have been good, and Mitchell will get there, just not this year. Lankinen has been a pleasant surprise. The special teams have descended back down to earth, which is probably the biggest difference. Overall, It's a better team than I expected, there are some promising players, and happy to see a lot of energy from the kids and vets buying in to mentorship roles.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I didn't even really look at the deal. Was Vinny a Hog deal, or a big boy team deal? I don't understand why he was brought back and didn't think I have seen him on the roster yet?

I think big boy. Colliton loved Vinny. Plus Wallmark just got waived.

Granada

Liked Posts:

This is all true, but the most glaring difference I see compared to when the Hawks were playing well is the complete and utter disappearance (again) of an actual forecheck. This is their biggest problem right now. Teams know they can't forecheck, dump/chase, or win a faceoff to save their lives -- so they just stack up the blue line and are totally fine with icing it when the Hawks actually do enter the zone.

What impressed me most about Suter and Kurashev was their board play, but that's all but disappeared now. They used to engage and win battles, but evidently that was a fluke stretch or their conditioning is weak and they're puttering out (rookies). It's not just them though, the whole team looks like they're dragging ass now and no one can really win a board battle right now. Hagel is the only one who is still playing with a strong motor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this team only goes as far as Kane goes. When Kane has a bit of a slump, that's pretty much it. Not blaming Kane for all the Hawks woes right now, just stating the obvious. Until Kane and/or the forecheck (most importantly) get going again, this team will struggle.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he in protocol again now? He was cleared yesterday and played last night.
I’m like a week off than. Nothing to see Bigfoot brane stopped working

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is all true, but the most glaring difference I see compared to when the Hawks were playing well is the complete and utter disappearance (again) of an actual forecheck. This is their biggest problem right now. Teams know they can't forecheck, dump/chase, or win a faceoff to save their lives -- so they just stack up the blue line and are totally fine with icing it when the Hawks actually do enter the zone.

What impressed me most about Suter and Kurashev was their board play, but that's all but disappeared now. They used to engage and win battles, but evidently that was a fluke stretch or their conditioning is weak and they're puttering out (rookies). It's not just them though, the whole team looks like they're dragging ass now and no one can really win a board battle right now. Hagel is the only one who is still playing with a strong motor.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this team only goes as far as Kane goes. When Kane has a bit of a slump, that's pretty much it. Not blaming Kane for all the Hawks woes right now, just stating the obvious. Until Kane and/or the forecheck (most importantly) get going again, this team will struggle.
You talk about the forecheck and the lack there of, so I will ask you, who do you pin this on. Why has the coaching strategy changed yet the personal has not. I have said it multiple times JC is out of his league, we can all shake our poms poms when the Hawks put a beat down on the Wings, but when it comes to real competition he doesnt have an answer. Yes, he doesn’t have the players either, but you talk about Kurashev and Suter, both will have growing pains, but, why are they know longer doing what they were, have they gotten lazy, has there compete level change, has the opposition changed there strategy.
Nashville has beaten the piss out of the Hawks all year, Carolina and Florida has dominated us, the Lightning have pretty much had there way with us, and our coaching staff stands there looking clueless. You dont have to tell me there is a huge difference when it comes to talent, but what bothers me is the compete level and tenacity the kids were playing with, have all but disappeared.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Yeah that’s it you fucking loser, I only post when the Hawks are losing, You are such a troll, here is a little rope go hang yourself, come back when you actually add something viable to this board.

HAWKS WIN! Looks like hawkinmontreal and his bff's will be silent for the next few days... hehehhehehhehehhe

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it will be interesting to see if they can make a playoff push, but last night was too close for comfort to blowing a 3 goal lead in the 3rd
Like I said in another thread, I think their playoff hopes went out with the brutal loss against Nashville--which IMO was *the* decisive game. Nashville has de facto won the season series and has points on us. We play them 3 more times (and Tampa once), which is going to be an uphill climb in-and-of-itself since we fare bad against them.

Winning enough to get above the line is not impossible, but Nashville holds all the cards at this point. Last night was a step in the right direction, but if they want the playoffs it means the whole team has to be dialed min and on the same page. No more Special team screw-ups and even if the 'hawks get down or let in a bad one, they have to regroup and not let it hold them back.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see Dach finish that sweet dish from Kane with with a pretty move and even nicer to see D-Cat just take the puck away and burry it.
It's hard to believe Vinny only saw 9:47 last night,it seemed like more. The Lil Dude plays the game the right way and he's also just shy of .4 points a game for his career.
GOTTA BEAT THE SUB .500 TEAMS!

Granada

Liked Posts:
You talk about the forecheck and the lack there of, so I will ask you, who do you pin this on. Why has the coaching strategy changed yet the personal has not. I have said it multiple times JC is out of his league, we can all shake our poms poms when the Hawks put a beat down on the Wings, but when it comes to real competition he doesnt have an answer. Yes, he doesn’t have the players either, but you talk about Kurashev and Suter, both will have growing pains, but, why are they know longer doing what they were, have they gotten lazy, has there compete level change, has the opposition changed there strategy.
Nashville has beaten the piss out of the Hawks all year, Carolina and Florida has dominated us, the Lightning have pretty much had there way with us, and our coaching staff stands there looking clueless. You dont have to tell me there is a huge difference when it comes to talent, but what bothers me is the compete level and tenacity the kids were playing with, have all but disappeared.

That's the million dollar question right there, HIM -- I wish I knew. There was a stretch were the forecheck was stellar and the Hawks were winning the majority of puck battles, but now they're not. I tend to blame the players more than the coaches; yeah, the coaches deserve some blame, but it's not like they're being coached to lose puck battles, etc. I just think it's an effort thing, and/or the competition is stronger now that it's getting later in the year -- and the Hawks can't reach that next level other teams have in this stretch of the year, due to being such a young team and/or size-deficient team up front. Or it's conditioning like I mentioned before. You can say that the coaching staff hasn't gotten them prepared enough for games, which could very well be true, but it's impossible to say that definitively since we're not in the locker room. I can only go by what I see on the ice.

Granada

Liked Posts:
it will be interesting to see if they can make a playoff push, but last night was too close for comfort to blowing a 3 goal lead in the 3rd

Absolutely. Debrincat played well overall, but you can't fucking turn the puck over at the blue line like that (on the Cogliano breakaway goal). I don't know what he was thinking there -- that shift was long as hell, you know your team is changing; just get the puck deep and go off for a change yourself. I know you're on the pp and you want to make something happen, but you have a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period for crying out loud -- gotta be smarter than that.

I don't think I've ever seen a worse team at holding leads than this Hawks team this year. Anyways, great game by Hino, he looked rejuvenated -- hopefully that doesn't wear off.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That's the million dollar question right there, HIM -- I wish I knew. There was a stretch were the forecheck was stellar and the Hawks were winning the majority of puck battles, but now they're not. I tend to blame the players more than the coaches; yeah, the coaches deserve some blame, but it's not like they're being coached to lose puck battles, etc. I just think it's an effort thing, and/or the competition is stronger now that it's getting later in the year -- and the Hawks can't reach that next level other teams have in this stretch of the year, due to being such a young team and/or size-deficient team up front. Or it's conditioning like I mentioned before. You can say that the coaching staff hasn't gotten them prepared enough for games, which could very well be true, but it's impossible to say that definitively since we're not in the locker room. I can only go by what I see on the ice.
Fair enough about the coaching staff, I am basing my thoughts on the last 12 games. Last night versus Dallas was a decent game, nearly blew it, but came away with the win.
JC seems like a decent person, I obviously dont know the man, but my thoughts, negative ones I throw in his direction are based on his abilities. His in game stategies never change, a good coach can change strategies based on the game at hand. When the Hawks seem lost or getting pummeled by there opponent he just never seems to change gears, or come up with a different formula. Nashville has been beating the crap out of the Hawks all year with there stingy defence, in the last series, he kept trying the same old, know dump and chase, know specific play to set them back on there heels, nothing. That’s what gets me about JC.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Nice to see Dach finish that sweet dish from Kane with with a pretty move and even nicer to see D-Cat just take the puck away and burry it.
It's hard to believe Vinny only saw 9:47 last night,it seemed like more. The Lil Dude plays the game the right way and he's also just shy of .4 points a game for his career.
GOTTA BEAT THE SUB .500 TEAMS!
It was great to see Dach burry one last night, hopefully he gains some confidence from it and starts producing a little more to help out the offense.
Vinny looked great last night, showed some decent chemistry with Kubalik, if that keeps up the Hawks could have something there.