Trade Deadline/Future Line discussion

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Yzerman just mopped up the Caps for a Mantha who hasn't been the same player since signing that contract.

Yzerman is like - rebuild? Let's do it.

Stan's like- what will the STH's think?

greg23

Liked Posts:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Vancouver Canucks-Chicago Blackhawks
Canucks get: D Madison Bowey, 2021 fifth-round pick
Blackhawks get: 2021 fourth-round pick

Vegas Golden Knights-Chicago Blackhawks
Golden Knights get: F Mattias Janmark, 2022 fifth-round pick
Blackhawks get: 2021 second-round pick, 2022 third-round pick

Chicago Blackhawks-Vancouver Canucks
Blackhawks get: F Adam Gaudette
Canucks get: F Matthew Highmore

Yesterday
Chicago Blackhawks-Florida Panthers
Blackhawks get: F Brett Connolly, D Riley Stillman, F Henrik Borgstrom, 2021 seventh-round pick
Panthers get: D Lucas Carlsson, C Lucas Wallmark

April 2nd
Chicago Blackhawks-Florida Panthers
Blackhawks get: F Vinnie Hinostroza
Panthers get: F Brad Morrison

Blackhawks have lost:
2021 fifth-round pick, 2022 fifth-round pick
F Mattias Janmark
F Matthew Highmore
F Brad Morrison
C Lucas Wallmark
D Lucas Carlsson
D Madison Bowey

Blackhawks have received:
2021 second-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick, 2021 seventh-round pick, 2022 third-round pick,
F Adam Gaudette
F Brett Connolly
F Henrik Borgstrom
F Vinnie Hinostroza
D
Riley Stillman

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The picks are obvious. But I can't wrap around the math of how much this is saving or costing. Will take a little time to sort out the win/loss there, because it's not just cap space for this year but for the future. Being the most active at the trade deadline doesn't mean your doing the most for your team. Would rather have 1 solid difference making trades than 5 head scratchers. But only time will tell on most of this.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks pick up two more picks in 21 and move up to a 3rd from a 5th in 22. Hino has added some speed and is working well with Kubalik. Connoly might work out for next year, if he does....great, move him and his expiring contract at the next deadline. If Borgstrom or one of the other kids turn into decent NHL players, then Bowman did a great job. If not, he still got some picks for players that don't figure into their long range plans.

I'm not a Bowman guy, but I have to say he did alright here.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The Hawks pick up two more picks in 21 and move up to a 3rd from a 5th in 22. Hino has added some speed and is working well with Kubalik. Connoly might work out for next year, if he does....great, move him and his expiring contract at the next deadline. If Borgstrom or one of the other kids turn into decent NHL players, then Bowman did a great job. If not, he still got some picks for players that don't figure into their long range plans.

All I really care about when compiling picks is having enough quality to bundle and move up.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I really care about when compiling picks is having enough quality to bundle and move up.

That's the name of the game. When you have a team in rebuild mode overachieving.....that's the best way to turn a 14-15 pick into a top 10 pick. Having a bulk of resources gives you the option to go after any player the organization has targeted....you don't always get the guy but you can at least be in the mix.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Drove to Columbus today so just been able to listen to nhl network I think Stan did a darn good job today ! Be able to look at it better after game Go Hawks !

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The picks are obvious. But I can't wrap around the math of how much this is saving or costing. Will take a little time to sort out the win/loss there, because it's not just cap space for this year but for the future. Being the most active at the trade deadline doesn't mean your doing the most for your team. Would rather have 1 solid difference making trades than 5 head scratchers. But only time will tell on most of this.
I would not call these head scratchers, trading vets who eventually were going to be free agents and gaining picks in return is far greater than getting zilch when they walk this summer.
Let’s be honest here for a second, who, if you had the choice would you have gone after today? There wasn’t really any major moves, unless you consider Hall, who has been brutal this season so far.
There is to many ??? currently circulating this team, and that is our captain of course. if he does not come back, the outlook for the Hawks changes moving forward.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Yeah, I agree. It’s difficult for me to admit that, but he did alright today.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not call these head scratchers, trading vets who eventually were going to be free agents and gaining picks in return is far greater than getting zilch when they walk this summer.
Let’s be honest here for a second, who, if you had the choice would you have gone after today? There wasn’t really any major moves, unless you consider Hall, who has been brutal this season so far.
There is to many ??? currently circulating this team, and that is our captain of course. if he does not come back, the outlook for the Hawks changes moving forward.
Honestly the guy I liked long term for us was Janmark, as he adds physical integrity to the Dance of the Bees, is left handed, and had decent passing skill to keep plays going.

He wasn't a "playmaker" but he added physical integrity while keeping plays progressing.

So I guess Toews is coming back or I would think you could swing 2-4 million for him.
Stan gets to play the lottery twice or move up with that draft ammo, so he needs to add a piece that matters to cover loss of Janmark, imo.

The other trades were a nice job I think, of bringing back some offense with Hino, while shuffling some picks and more ready prospects than a draft pick into our deck for basically nothing. That mix looks good, basically a flyer on the ready now or never borg, and a host of centers indicating where Stan's focus is.

More than anything that indicates doubt in Strome to me, and some urgency to look at warm bodies up the middle, possible desire to get Suter on a wing.

KUBALIK-Toews-Hagel
SUTER-Dach-Kane
STROME?Reichel-BORG-Cat-Kurashev
Nylander?-Kampf-Boqvist?Reichel?
(CARP? DICKINSTON?Rolstrom?)

Keith-Mitchell
Zadorov-Murphy
Beudin-Connoly?(Boqvist?)Kalyunov
VLASIC?

Lankenen
Fleury/Merzilenkens/Rask

Last edited:

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If that litany of picks can get another first this year then it was worth it.

This draft is two rounds deep in quality.

Now, tank. Get the kids playing and finally move back into developing Mitchell, Beaudin, Bustvist, Kurachev, and Suter. This playoff charade has gone on long enough.

Move forward, Stan.

blackpep72

Liked Posts:

Maybe Rakell from the ducks would have been a good one. Not sure if he was ever in play though.

Target35

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Toronto FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. Rakell was in play but Ducks apparently wanted a #1 for him , end of story there . In regards to Janmark , i also liked him for this years team and moving forward but for what Stan got for him , great move . Also let's not forget he is an unrestricted free agent so if the Hawks really want him they can re-sign him in the summer again.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Connolly has two left @3.5M after this year.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly the guy I liked long term for us was Janmark, as he adds physical integrity to the Dance of the Bees, is left handed, and had decent passing skill to keep plays going.

He wasn't a "playmaker" but he added physical integrity while keeping plays progressing.

So I guess Toews is coming back or I would think you could swing 2-4 million for him.
Stan gets to play the lottery twice or move up with that draft ammo, so he needs to add a piece that matters to cover loss of Janmark, imo.

The other trades were a nice job I think, of bringing back some offense with Hino, while shuffling some picks and more ready prospects than a draft pick into our deck for basically nothing. That mix looks good, basically a flyer on the ready now or never borg, and a host of centers indicating where Stan's focus is.

More than anything that indicates doubt in Strome to me, and some urgency to look at warm bodies up the middle, possible desire to get Suter on a wing.

KUBALIK-Toews-Hagel
SUTER-Dach-Kane
STROME?Reichel-BORG-Cat-Kurashev
Nylander?-Kampf-Boqvist?Reichel?
(CARP? DICKINSTON?Rolstrom?)

Keith-Mitchell
Zadorov-Murphy
Beudin-Connoly?(Boqvist?)Kalyunov
VLASIC?

Lankenen
Fleury/Merzilenkens/Rask
You don't have D-Cat in the top six? Why?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the TDL was decent.

Looking FWD to the expansion draft though, it'll be interesting what the 'hawks do:

Goaltending is a no-brainer: Everyone meets exposure requirements. Lock in the guy you don't want to lose and anyone other than Lankinen is a mistake at this point.

FWDs, they have to expose two of Debrincat, Strome, Connelly, or Carpenter and they have to protect Kane and Toews. Anyone else is auto-protected, or doesn't meet the games played or contract signed through 2022 requirement. I think it's obvious Debrincat, Strome, Kane, and Toews get protection, but I'd like to see who else gets it.

For the D: Keith and Seabs have to be protected. They can protect someone else. Murph and DeHaan meet the exposure requirements so it's obvious who the 1 sacrificial lamb on D should be. I think that might expose Zadorov though--even though he's not signed through and doesn't meet exposure requirements. Assuming the 'hawks don't got the 8skater/1goalie route, I think they have to be somewhat worried that they might lose Zadorov even if he's not signed through next season. I think he's more useful than DeHaan and an RFA. I don't know of any other player Seattle would be champing at the bit to get off of the 'hawks exposed roster especially since they have FWD protection slots to spare.