hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If you're expecting someone exponentially better than what we have now, I wouldn't hold my breath for a couple reasons: first, because this clearly a rebuild now; and second, because it's Bowman. Any true, top-4 D-man is going to want long term and 5-6 million plus; and they're not going to want to come to a team like Chicago right now. True top-4 D-man are arguably the hottest commodity in the NHL next to centers.
I agree Granada, but we wouldn’t be discussing this if Bowman knew how to draft. This team has been in the need of defenders for years now, and draft after draft Bowman screws the pooch with his selections. Instead of focusing on the teams immediate needs he reaches and all to many times have been a failure.
I read 2 names that sound intriguing, Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton the could really help this teams backend. I love everything Keith has done for this team, but until we get a player to take away his responsibilities the team will be spinning its wheels. The decor needs to be gutted. DeHaan, Murphy, Zaradov all need to go, Keith is a 5/6 at best now, next season should be do or die for Boqvist he has shown strides but evertime he looks to take the next step he regresses. Mitchell and Beaudin have a lot to learn, Bowman has to open the check book and stop drafting guys like Reichel who clearly are not in need right now.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Zadorov sucks.....

leaves us with the following d for next year:

keith
stillman
murphy
dehaan (exposed to expansion/traded)
zadorov (exposed to expansion/no resigned)
boqvist
kalynuk
mitchell
beaudin

i think the top 5 are likely on the roster with the bottom 2 questionable based on what happens in FA....ideally we sign a top 4 D in FA and bump everyone down a slot
Just look at that list, this goes back to what we were talking about in another post about Lankinen, how can you expect anymore from your goalie with a decor such as that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree Granada, but we wouldn’t be discussing this if Bowman knew how to draft. This team has been in the need of defenders for years now, and draft after draft Bowman screws the pooch with his selections. Instead of focusing on the teams immediate needs he reaches and all to many times have been a failure.
I read 2 names that sound intriguing, Seth Jones and Dougie Hamilton the could really help this teams backend. I love everything Keith has done for this team, but until we get a player to take away his responsibilities the team will be spinning its wheels. The decor needs to be gutted. DeHaan, Murphy, Zaradov all need to go, Keith is a 5/6 at best now, next season should be do or die for Boqvist he has shown strides but evertime he looks to take the next step he regresses. Mitchell and Beaudin have a lot to learn, Bowman has to open the check book and stop drafting guys like Reichel who clearly are not in need right now.
If Keith/Bovqist is your second line, and beudin-Mitchel is your third...

And Hamilton/Jones was your first..

Do we compete?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Do we compete?
No, the team would be a whole lot better, but Mitchell and Beaudin are clearly not ready, who knows what will transpire with Boqvist after another injury and until I see Toews back out there, we don’t have a number 1 centermen and our best face off guy is Kampf, so the team has some obvious issues to be sorted out.
Jones and Hamilton would be the first step in the right direction however.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Do we compete?
1. How are you getting Seth Jones unless you wait until 22 when his value will be close to max?

2. If you trade for him, you are trading the house because Jarmo doesn't make even trades.

3. Dougie will get at least 8/8 this year. Dougie at 33 isn't gonna be fun to watch.

So....we don't rebuild now?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hamilton is not a defensive stalwart, at all. I watch alot of Canes games. Jones is.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Hamilton is not a defensive stalwart, at all. I watch alot of Canes games. Jones is.
Dougie scores alot of goals tho.

The problem is he pretty much takes ice time away from the kids they are trying to develop. He's a great "that one person who puts us over the top" piece, not a rebuilding team one.

Just yeah, I'll take Seth every single day and send Bustvist and Mitchell back the other way to start.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

The problem is he pretty much takes ice time away from the kids they are trying to develop. He's a great "that one person who puts us over the top" piece, not a rebuilding team one.

Just yeah, I'll take Seth every single day and send Bustvist and Mitchell back the other way to start.

Kalynuk can score

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe send them to the WWE for a couple years instead of the AHL.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Sabres have not made the playoffs for 10 seasons. They have multiple high draft picks and nothing to show for it. They went all in and signed Taylor Hall in the offseason and it failed badly. Kane to Buffaloes for Dahlin! Make it happen! Kane will wave his nmc to play for his home town team. He owns a mansion there so will be close to home. Dahlin is also a RFA due a pay increase coming off a minus 30 season.

Sabres get.... Patrick Kane, 2nd round pick, Sabres choice of any of the Blackhawks defense <most likely they take Kalynuk>.

Blackhawks get...Rasmus Dahlin + other expiring contracts to balance the 10.5 cap hit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sabres have not made the playoffs for 10 seasons. They have multiple high draft picks and nothing to show for it. They went all in and signed Taylor Hall in the offseason and it failed badly. Kane to Buffaloes for Dahlin! Make it happen! Kane will wave his nmc to play for his home town team. He owns a mansion there so will be close to home. Dahlin is also a RFA due a pay increase coming off a minus 30 season.

Sabres get.... Patrick Kane, 2nd round pick, Sabres choice of any of the Blackhawks defense <most likely they take Kalynuk>.

Blackhawks get...Rasmus Dahlin + other expiring contracts to balance the 10.5 cap hit.

It has to be a trade that Kane would wave his NTC for. Maybe for Buffallo, but I would expect he'd more likely want to chase championships until they get their shit together.

Bust

Liked Posts:
It has to be a trade that Kane would wave his NTC for. Maybe for Buffallo, but I would expect he'd more likely want to chase championships until they get their shit together.

3 rings allows him to make the move with a clear conscience as not many NHLers or teams for that matter can hold that claim during the hard salary cap era.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 rings allows him to make the move with a clear conscience as not many NHLers or teams for that matter can hold that claim during the hard salary cap era.
I guess

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
88 is gonna waive his NMC to go play for the Buffalo Sabers GOOD GRIEF
Is this what the kids call troll bait?????
but Bust makes me laugh and I like that kind of troll, so I play along.

Bust

Liked Posts:
88 is gonna waive his NMC to go play for the Buffalo Sabers GOOD GRIEF
Is this what the kids call troll bait?????

It's gonna happen boys. sabres are Kaners favorite childhood hockey team. His parents still live there. He owns a mansion there and is his base camp. Sabres would get much needed jolt as they been out of the playoffs for 10 years. Blackhawks get a defenseman who is about to get paid needing a change of scenery. Works for both sides!

DO IT STAN

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's gonna happen boys. sabres are Kaners favorite childhood hockey team. His parents still live there. He owns a mansion there and is his base camp. Sabres would get much needed jolt as they been out of the playoffs for 10 years. Blackhawks get a defenseman who is about to get paid needing a change of scenery. Works for both sides!

DO IT STAN
Nah...I've been saying it for years...that we could trade him to Buffalo when they get close and Kane gets old. But they just stay at the bottom. Ship sailed when they lost Eichel, and Hall couldn't do a damn thing for them. They can't score or defend.

They are still years away. We could wait 2 more years, or trade him to a contender.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Trade Kane to the sabres for Ryan Miller ... Remember that one?

:hawkstroll:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borg-Kane
Suter-Dach-Connolly/Reichel
Reichel/Connolly-Kampf-Gaudette