Reichel-Toews-Kubalik (200 foot line)
Suter-Dach-Shalynov (Dach line)
Kurashev-Kampf-Hagel (speed line)

Who do you want for D?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We really should have rested Keith more and played Delia and Nalimov in competition throughout to learn more and tank properly.

What a lottery and what a draft coming, if they were going to hit bottom and move NTCs it was last year, collect picks in first 2 rounds, etc.

The defense is a clusterfuck, the forwards need beef that can win a face off and still the other left wing finisher they have searched for for years.

I don't have alot hope this can be rebuilt.

Next season should be a better guage of where we are.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
We really should have rested Keith more and played Delia and Nalimov in competition throughout to learn more and tank properly.

What a lottery and what a draft coming, if they were going to hit bottom and move NTCs it was last year, collect picks in first 2 rounds, etc.

The defense is a clusterfuck, the forwards need beef that can win a face off and still the other left wing finisher they have searched for for years.

I don't have alot hope this can be rebuilt.

Next season should be a better guage of where we are.
Rasko in terms of the rebuild I also feel the same, I want to have high hopes, but the glaring issues on this team need to be dealt with immediately, and I have zero faith in our GM to get this done. It’s the same old story, until he is relieved of his duties or and or another GM takes over his role this team will be having more seasons like the one we just saw.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So I believe our pending RFAs include Strome (pass) and Suter (sign him!), anyone else worth debating?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Part of re-signing is going to be exposure to Seattle. Guys who need to be re-signed can be exposed, but don't meet the exposure requirements and may be less palatable because Seattle would have to ink them--and possibly at a higher rate.

I think a lot of re-singing might happen afterwards. The 'hawks meet exposure requirements now, so the question is going to be who Seattle will take (my money would be on either Subban or Delia (or Lankinen if we don't protect him) simply because we can protect everyone else worth a squirt of piss).

As for the situation in a vaccum:
Hagel is a 10.2c player. He can only negotiate with Chicago and can't be offer-sheeted. I think the only way the 'hawks screw this up is by low-balling him egregiously and making him want out. I would try to keep him somewhat low to bridge him--players of his drive are a rare sight in the Indianhead these days. I think a "You did good, kid, but can you keep it up?" deal over a couple to a few years at a good rate to keep him hungry would be great.

Zadorov, Suter, Gaudette, and Kampf are all arbitration-eligible RFA's. Not sure what any would get in arbitration if it goes that far. I can see their rights being traded out. if necessary, or some of them kept on an inexpensive deal.

Nylander and Dickenson are RFS that aren't arbitration eligible. I don't know Dickenson that well. I want Nylander gone, but he'll likely stay--hopefully on the cheap. If we had a GM and not a beancounter, maybe we could get a sucker for Nylander's rights--especially if we can get them enamored over his "untapped talent".

Hino, Smith, Pirri, and Tomkins are all UFA's. I'm cool with keeping Hino as long as he's paid like a bottom-6 with possible 2nd line stints...and not too long. The rest I'm okay with losing.

Lindholm and Quenneville are group 6 UFA's. I'm okay with losing them.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just look at that list, this goes back to what we were talking about in another post about Lankinen, how can you expect anymore from your goalie with a decor such as that.
You don't...unless you pay for it.

Our goalies are very green so you can't really be expecting them to put up decent numbers behind a shitty D. The only question mark is Subban. 82 games in and he's .899 on the career. Delia at 24 is .905 and Lankien at 37 is .909. None of those numbers are mind-blowing, however, 82 games in and Subban might be what he is. The ceiling might be higher for both Delia and Lankinen.

Plus, you gotta take the FWDs and their lack of D-prowess into consideration. Only a few are any good in that regard.

Plus, even on the D-side the 'hawks are not going to get a true top-4 D (or a top center who can win a draw, or a top playmaker who can reliably feed Debrincat) without paying for it. Again, think Brian Campbell's contract here the 1st time.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having finally assessed all three young tenders this year(Delia needed more),do they come back with two or all three or do they decide on one and add a cheap vet to handle 30-35 of the tougher starts?
IMO this shoulda happened last year instead of adding Lehner,get Lanks starts behind CC who woulda been a great mentor and he probably doesn't retire if he was re-upped.
A solid vet to see the tougher starts and for Lanks to lean on might have seen his confidence really build as the year went on but I still see a starter and the better of the three and maybe by a lot.

Granada

Liked Posts:
You don't...unless you pay for it.

Our goalies are very green so you can't really be expecting them to put up decent numbers behind a shitty D. The only question mark is Subban. 82 games in and he's .899 on the career. Delia at 24 is .905 and Lankien at 37 is .909. None of those numbers are mind-blowing, however, 82 games in and Subban might be what he is. The ceiling might be higher for both Delia and Lankinen.

Plus, you gotta take the FWDs and their lack of D-prowess into consideration. Only a few are any good in that regard.

Plus, even on the D-side the 'hawks are not going to get a true top-4 D (or a top center who can win a draw, or a top playmaker who can reliably feed Debrincat) without paying for it. Again, think Brian Campbell's contract here the 1st time.

Yeah, I think Subban is what he is. Third organization of his career, late 20's, still has glaring weaknesses (rebound control especially) that he's yet to improve.

I'd be fine with losing Subban and giving Delia a decent shot with Lank. Delia deserves it, been with the org for a while now. Unless he completely shits the bed in camp or something; then maybe bring in a cheap vet goalie (if only to push Lankinen by providing real competition and guidance).

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I think Subban is what he is. Third organization of his career, late 20's, still has glaring weaknesses (rebound control especially) that he's yet to improve.

I'd be fine with losing Subban and giving Delia a decent shot with Lank. Delia deserves it, been with the org for a while now. Unless he completely shits the bed in camp or something; then maybe bring in a cheap vet goalie (if only to push Lankinen by providing real competition and guidance).
If Subban was on a good defensive team that cleared his MANY rebounds,he might be a legit backup........I just don't see a higher ceiling than that.......if that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd be okay with that, but like I said elsewhere barring a "we'll trade you xxx so you'll take yyy in expansion", I got a feeling one of Delia or Subban is gone in expansion--or Lankinen if Bowman is hitting the sauce and protects one of the other two netminders
If Subban was on a good defensive team that cleared his MANY rebounds,he might be a legit backup........I just don't see a higher ceiling than that.......if that.
Agreed; and the problem is I think we're further behind on defense than anywhere else. Unless we bring in a ringer on a 1st go-around Campbell-like contract, our D will be playing catch-up for awhile. So that being said by the time the defense en masse (i.e. not one or two players, but everyone) is good enough to help a goalie like Subban be successful I think Subban, Delia, and Lankinen will all be considered vet netminders.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I would be shocked if the Kraken took either netminder
Alot of mocks are speculating the Kraken are taking CDH, which I'm completely fine with.

But what draft pick are we throwing their way for this to happen?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Alot of mocks are speculating the Kraken are taking CDH, which I'm completely fine with.

But what draft pick are we throwing their way for this to happen?
De Haan makes the most sense for them; and I'd be fine with losing him too.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
De Haan makes the most sense for them; and I'd be fine with losing him too.
I don't see it. DeHaan is a $4M defender who's a liability in the backend. Unless the 'hawks sweeten the deal so Seattle takes him, There is virtually no reason to take him over just about everyone else that'll be exposed--including the guys needing a contract. The only possible reason I could see is if they needed to pad the cap-from-expansion number...and there are better players on other teams for that.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
I forgot about Stillman if they protect him that leaves Z and DeHaan.