Trade Deadline/Future Line discussion

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, but I think Price would be considered a game changer for Montreal--kinda like what Bob was saying about MAF. He's 1st in SV% in this year's playoffs, 2nd in most SA, and his GAA is 3rd (even though that's more of a team stat). Like other goalies you might not be able to rely on him to score when needed, but he's keeping the opposition's scoring down and making a big save when needed.
The Avs have seven goals in the four games MAF started in the series.........ain't beatin' nobody that way.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Avs have seven goals in the four games MAF started in the series.........ain't beatin' nobody that way.
Exactly. Even though the numbers indicate Vegas might have more D-support and Price has better numbers, keeping the score down by any means necessary makes it a lot easier for your O to do it's job.

The upcoming series will be interesting.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

I thought a few high flyin' youngsters from Edmonton,Toronto and Colorado might want to see how it's done in the postseason.

How fortunate we were!!!!!!
Bob I was saying the exact same to a couple of buddies of mine. Mcdavid, Mathews, Mackinnon, win all the Hart trophies you want they still have zero cups and it s looking to stay that way for some time.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Exactly. Even though the numbers indicate Vegas might have more D-support and Price has better numbers, keeping the score down by any means necessary makes it a lot easier for your O to do it's job.

The upcoming series will be interesting.
Lord in all honest, who is beating Tampa? Montreal with Price, Islanders with Barzal, Vegas with 4 hard working lines are not going to be enough to beat that all star team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lord in all honest, who is beating Tampa? Montreal with Price, Islanders with Barzal, Vegas with 4 hard working lines are not going to be enough to beat that all star team.
Not unless Montreal exacts a physical price they can't pay.

It's hockey so 2 more series could be 5 more injuries to everyone, some guys get slowed down...

But this team hasn't been beat when the have

Stamkos/Kucherov/Point/Johnson/Vasilesky/Hedman/McDonuts

They have it all. Not just balanced but overpowering in all phases.

The Avs were the best shot to take them down. Vegas can give them a run and I'll be rooting for Fleury to sail into the sunset.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was just focusing on Montreal vs. Vegas.

I do think Tampa is the frontrunner. Vasilevsky is just about as hot as Price, and they got the complete squad that echoes back to the 2013 'hawks.

That being said at this point I think Vegas is the only team that might play the spoiler. Might.