Trade Down Frenzy

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Then you draft a QB and figure it out later.
That would be ridiculous. Unless you truly want one of the QBs over Fields, but if you want Fields, you don't "draft a QB and figure it out later". Good grief!

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
That would be ridiculous. Unless you truly want one of the QBs over Fields, but if you want Fields, you don't "draft a QB and figure it out later". Good grief!
Nobody else deserves to be drafted 1.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nobody else deserves to be drafted 1.
What in the hell are you saying?

Nobody but a QB deserves to be #1, so the Bears won't be able to trade to one of the several QB-needy teams, and should then draft a QB themselves? And "figure it out later"?

Here's a pointer for you if you're planning to be an NFL GM: You need to figure it out before the draft, not after. :ROFLMAO:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
You think the Bears won't be able to find a trade partner for the #1 pick? Really?
Sure. The Jags couldn’t find anyone last season. The way it’s stacked right now, teams can move up to the 3 spot and still get their guy for less juice.

As of right now, there is no clear #1 QB.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Someone will. But it more than likely won’t be the massive haul people are expecting. Tried pointing this out in another thread but people are too narrow minded to understand how supply and demand affects price.
I’ve never seen more narrow minded people. It’s insane.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure. The Jags couldn’t find anyone last season. The way it’s stacked right now, teams can move up to the 3 spot and still get their guy for less juice.

As of right now, there is no clear #1 QB.
The Texans are a lock to take a QB at 2. If any team wants their pick of QBs or assure themselves a QB they want....gotta move up to 1.

Bears will have their pick of trade offers and its going to be great.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Texans are a lock to take a QB at 2. If any team wants their pick of QBs or assure themselves a QB they want....gotta move up to 1.

Bears will have their pick of trade offers and it’s going to be great.
I hope it happens but we shouldn’t hold our breath

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Someone will. But it more than likely won’t be the massive haul people are expecting. Tried pointing this out in another thread but people are too narrow minded to understand how supply and demand affects price.
Do you believe the demand will be low?

Or the supply high?

If Levis and Richardson wow some teams at the combine that won't be great, but teams still aren't going to evaluate all QBs equally. There are many teams needing QBs. I don't see the demand being low.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The crazy thing is we may be able to trade down and still get Will Anderson Jr
But not too far. I worry ARI will take him at #3. #1 to #2 probably only gets you an extra 2nd.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are like 5-8 teams that want a new QB. There will be plenty of offers. It's just a matter of how good the offers are, and how far CHI is willing to trade back

• HOU tells CHI they're not interested, they'll take whoever falls—Stroud OR Young.
• CHI trades to INDY at #4, who comes up and drafts Young.
• CHI takes either Anderson or Carter at #4, while netting a 1st and a 2nd.

Take a look at the first ten picks. I think 8/10 teams need QBs. There will be PLENTY of offers. There are only 2-3 legit QBs, maybe 4 tops.

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
Then you draft a QB and figure it out later.
My thoughts exactly.
Draft the highest rated QB. Some unexpected team that thought the Bears would not take a QB and expect one to be there at #3 or 4, will trade with the Bears.
Time to play "chicken"!