Trade down from #20?

Trade down from #20?

• Total voters

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming no trade up for top flight QB, and no a top tier WR/CB drop at #20, how about moving down to gain an additional 2nd or 3rd, depending on how far down? (I'm not keen on exact trade equality.)

Let's assume down to later in the 1st. Post below who might be a good trade partner & realistic gains to expect.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rather not - They have more holes to fill than a two dollar whore.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm against trading down 95% of the time. I could see doing it this year. But I believe we could have a chance at CBs Samuel & Surtain, if so, I'd just take one of those two.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace will trade up for a WR.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Trading down might be a solution to get OL AND WR. The reality is that good linemen are not exclusively found in the first round, and the WR depth this year is pretty good...

I mean if they are really going to ride into this year with Foles/AD, they better get the O-line right, and set it up for the future.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Take the BPA based on positions of need. There will be someone there.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean if they are really going to ride into this year with Foles/AD, they better get the O-line right, and set it up for the future.

Yep.

What grinds my gears is every year our fan base complains about the o-line...and every year amnesia kicks in for the draft and we start scheming for a flashy WR or another QB. Let's just get the o-line right for once.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m all for the OT upgrade at 20. 5 QBs should be gone which means we can get a top 15 positional player and we need to develop Leno’s replacement this year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they stay put at #20 and don't trade up for a QB, just draft the best available OT. It's the perfect year to do it tbh. Bears draft late enough they will miss out on top QBs and there are plenty of solid OT prospects that there should be one available.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
It all depends on what happens. If tackle we really want gets drafted at 19 then does it make sense to reach for a guy that figured to be available in the early 2nd? Conversely, does it make sense to trade down when someone who you thought would go in the top 10 drops to #20?

Look at what Pace did last year with a couple 2nds and a 5th (Kmet, Johnson and Mooney) and a 3rd the year before (Montgomery) and trading down could be what the doctor ordered.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Assuming no trade up for top flight QB, and no a top tier WR/CB drop at #20, how about moving down to gain an additional 2nd or 3rd, depending on how far down? (I'm not keen on exact trade equality.)

Let's assume down to later in the 1st. Post below who might be a good trade partner & realistic gains to expect.

Of course it depends on who's there at #20 but i'm always good with a good ole trade down, unfortunately my guy Pace rarely does the trade downs and is more of a trade up GM. The few trade downs he has made he's done pretty decent with them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm against trading down 95% of the time. I could see doing it this year. But I believe we could have a chance at CBs Samuel & Surtain, if so, I'd just take one of those two.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Take the BPA based on positions of need. There will be someone there.
I said trade down if not there but I I almost said this. If there's a viable LT there you don't pass with the idea of getting one latter. Best case is you have a few guys of equal need and rating there so you move a couple spots and still get your guy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I would not be against this at all. I think this draft, more than any other, is going to see more later round gems because of the lack of tape available this season. The Bears have 2 picks to find 3 players (T, CB, QB) and could benefit from a trade down.

That being said, you need a willing trade partner, and the deal may not be there to move down, even if they want. Many GMs around the league will be counting on mis-evaluations of other teams and probably want to take plenty of shots in the 2nd and 3rd round themselves.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
There aren't opportunities to trade down that fans assume there are because they can look at a chart and do basic maths based on some random person's numeric value of a draft pick when real-life GMs value said picks very differently than fans playing Madden...

Ryan Pace's MO is not to trade down, btw. Especially when his guy is on the board.

Luke

Liked Posts:
If Darrishaw and Surtain are available at 20, you ick one, I'd prefer Darrishaw

It depends how they have them ranked on their board.
Two biggest positional needs and both strong in this draft.
All of the boards I look at have Surtain ranked much higher than Darrisaw and I doubt he is there at 20 but it will be tougher to find that plug and play OT at 52.
I'm' sure they don't want to go into the season with either Ifedi or Trufant as the starters but you never know how the draft will fall.

from Jeremiah...

Rank 14

Alabama · CB · Junior

Surtain has an ideal blend of size, speed and ball skills. He's at his best in press coverage. He doesn't consistently re-route receivers, but he avoids false steps and has plenty of speed to stay on top versus the vertical passing game. He will struggle at times versus smaller/quicker pass catchers. Like most big corners, he lacks top-flight short-area quickness. He has good eyes from off coverage, though. He identifies route combinations and makes aggressive plays on the ball. He is tough to fill versus the run and he's a reliable tackler in the open field. Overall, Surtain is a very similar prospect to Marlon Humphrey when he was coming out of Alabama.
I envision similar success for Surtain at the next level.

Last edited: