3rd rd -?
4th rd -?
4th rd - Foles
5th rd - 163rd
6th rd - 196th
6th rd - 200th
7th rd - 226th
7th rd - 233rd

The top is obviously the Bears current reality.
The bottom is a possible reality for the Bears. I used the 43rd because it holds the most value. The 50th can be used.

Don’t just knock trading down till you see what is offered or possible. This is one of the deepest drafts at numerous position in years. It’s a great year to possibly trade down for multiple of reasons.

If you’re interested in playing around with the picks and value...

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
So then it’s not a myth that he trades down. Got it.

Ok, fine. Let’s go through it.

It’s true that Bill Belichick trades down a lot. (Depending on your definition of “a lot”)

It’s also true that Bill Belichick trades up a lot.

**If** the implication is that the Bears should consider trading down because the Patriots trade down a lot, then it’s also true that the Bears should consider trading up because the Patriots trade up a lot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It’s true that Bill Belichick trades down a lot. (Depending on your definition of “a lot”)

**If** the implication is that the Bears should consider trading down because the Patriots trade down a lot, then it’s also true that the Bears should consider trading up because the Patriots trade up a lot.

I don't think we should trade up or down a lot just because Bill does both a lot. We should trade down cause it makes sense for us in this draft. Bill also prepares for the next draft a year in advance so after this draft he starts preparing for the 2021 draft, actually he prepares for it during this draft cause many times he trades for future draft picks during the present draft. He has multiple comp picks in every single draft as well. Bill understands how valuable it is to have draft picks in every round and when you have a good coaching staff and culture it helps with the guys drafted no matter where they get drafted.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
What looks better:

1st rd - Mack
2nd rd - 43rd
2nd rd - 50th
4th rd - Foles
5th rd - 163rd
6th rd - 196th
6th rd - 200th
7th rd - 226th
7th rd - 233rd

or

1st rd - Mack
2nd rd - ?
2nd rd - 50th
3rd rd -?
4th rd -?
4th rd - Foles
5th rd - 163rd
6th rd - 196th
6th rd - 200th
7th rd - 226th
7th rd - 233rd

The top is obviously the Bears current reality.
The bottom is a possible reality for the Bears. I used the 43rd because it holds the most value. The 50th can be used.

Don’t just knock trading down till you see what is offered or possible. This is one of the deepest drafts at numerous position in years. It’s a great year to possibly trade down for multiple of reasons.

If you’re interested in playing around with the picks and value...

Agree 100%. I think the draft will end up looking more like the bottom. The 43rd pick has more value, so that is the one I would trade down later in the 2nd and acquire multiple middle rd picks in return.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears can trade down and if they want to trade back up, they will be able to as well. That is the plus in acquiring more picks this draft. I think they will acquire at least 3 picks in this draft, which they could then use to maneuver around if they want.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

I never said the Bears should trade down just because Patriots do it often. It was a states fact to pants post.

I never said Pats don’t trade up a lot either.

Also, when trading down and receiving multiple picks it then becomes easier, due to advanced draft wealth, to trade up. This is something the Pats have recognized and utilize.

msadows

Liked Posts:
serviceable players and most likely yield back comp picks that became other teams busts. along with superbowl wins and etc, low key Billy is a genius don't tell anyone.

A lot of them are also awful players.

His drafting since 2011 really doesn't have much to do with their continued success. Theyve been hitting FA a lot and lets not act like having the best player of all time doesnt help.

And before you act like princess HHM and say wElL tHeY hAvE 3 sUpArBeWlS!

Yea, they do, and they could still draft poorly.

Theyve drafted very meh over the last near decade. Those two things can coexists. Guess not in fairy twink world tho.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Solder, Stork, Wendell, Volmer, Gronk,Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Collins, Hightower, Chung, McCourty, Thurney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, Harmon, Brown, Flowers, Ryan, Michel, Wise Jr, Jonathan Jones, Brady, Butler.

So none of these guys had anything to do with Patriots success? All of these guys started one of the last 3 SBs wins and were drafted or signed as rookie FAs.

That OL that has been credited with protecting Brady had nothing to do with the SB wins?

Chandler Jones is easily better than anyone Pace has drafted and is a member of the All Decade Team but nope nothing to do with Pats success?

Roquan Smith would love to make the Pro Bowl or All Pro team like Hightower and Collins but they don't matter.

The D and Sonny Michel won the SB against the Rams but they don't matter?

Malcom Butler won the SB for the Pats but he doesnt matter?

Bears fans crack me up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

And with that being said, perhaps we shouldn’t be surprise to learn that the Bears might try to get some additional draft capital by moving one of its most valuable picks. While piecing together an updated mock draft, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune writes: “The Bears are expected to seek a trade down with at least one of their second-round picks to add depth to their class.”

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
do you deliberately repost the same article over several days or do you actually forget? #GEDsMatter

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised at a trade giving up a pick from next year to add or move up in the 3rd or 4th. Bears should have quite a few picks in 2021. Using one to help now would benefit more - shouldn't be as many holes next year.