Trade Foles and a 3rd to Philly for Hurts, then sign Taylor as a FA

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Philly's QB room won't go well with Hurts there. Would be much better with Foles. He accepts his role but is ready. I like Hurts more than Tua for the Bears. Taylor would make a nice backup and give Hurts competition.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
20 career starts

63% completion percentage
5530 yards
37 TDs
11 INTs
93 rating

That is a better option than most would admit.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You keep mentioning gardner minshew.......
HE FUKING SUCKS
Where exactly are you going to find a QB that isn't "iffy" with the Salary Cap available to the Bears? Other than the draft? Edit: I mean, would I prefer Dak or Watson? Sure, how in the hell are the Bears going to pay for either one?

Luke

Liked Posts:
Minshew
Hurts
Darnold

Those are our break glass and trade for options if the draft goes tits up.

Pace has never been one to wait until something comes to him.
I bet he either signs a FA or trades for someone before the draft and he will be the 2021 starter.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace has never been one to wait until something comes to him.
I bet he either signs a FA or trades for someone before the draft and he will be the 2021 starter.

Picking at 20 you pretty much have to.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Picking at 20 you pretty much have to.

Yep. Everyone wants to get the next young star but in reality all that Pace can really do is get someone better then Mitch who can help win them games this year. Stats wise, Minshew looks to fill that bill and he did this on really poor teams.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yep. Everyone wants to get the next young star but in reality all that Pace can really do is get someone better then Mitch who can help win them games this year. Stats wise, Minshew looks to fill that bill and he did this on really poor teams.
Why takes someone’s else reject at quarterback?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see this combo of Hurts / Taylor going forward. Allows us to keep most of our draft picks to get a OL in the 1st round.
Hurts did make Philly look better after benching Wentz but how much better? Scored the big upset over the Breesless Saints but, overall went just 1-3 with a passer rating of 77 and QBR of 41. Slow down the hype train. Besides, Philly has no cause to trade him. He's on a cheap rookie contract costing them a ton less than it would to bring in any other decent backup. Obviously they need the insurance he provides with the oft injured Wentz.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You keep mentioning gardner minshew.......
HE FUKING SUCKS

Seriously.

Is this windy's new thing, slobbing on the knob of another JAX QB they didn't want?

Yea, lets give um a 3rd rounder this time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lets go from having two bottom tier starters on the roster in 2020 to trading for another bottom tier starter in 2021

Brilliant. Will def save pace's job.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Anyone who isn't a muppet knows what will happen.

They are going to draft a QB high. More than likely via trade up.

It's the only scenario that saves both nagy and pace's job. There are no other solutions in FA. Watson won't come here. Anything else is just going from bad to bad. Minshew will make us 7-9 and guarantee nagy/pace are gone. At that point you might as well start foles.

Its going to be lance. Via trade up to 11. That will buy nagy/pace another couple years if the rookie looks impressive even if the team is mediocre.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is bill o brien taking over the eagles?! Cuz that’s the only way they would make a trade so dumb