Trade him...you know who I'm talking about...

ILoveDaBears

Liked Posts:
Maybe I'm dense, but I have no clue who the OP wants to trade. There are so many options:
  • Cole Kmet? -- He's starting to get it so I doubt they'd want to trade him.
  • Montgomery or Herbert? -- As good as they are, running backs are fairly easy to replace, so not really much trade value.
  • One or more of our stable of great wideouts? This must be it. A package of ESB and Pettis/Pringle might get us a late round pick. Still not sure if it's worth it though.
  • Someone from the defense? -- Nah.
WAIT! Is the OP suggesting we trade Fields? No fucking way! After more than 60 years of miserable QB play (apologies to McMahon) he wants to dump a bona fide franchise QB? Whatever the OP is smokin' must be really good (@jive weigh in here bro -- what kind of hallucinogenic shit is this guy on?) because he's truly not in his right mind.

Get out of here with this weak ass shit OP!
Franchise QB's win games...

mecha

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields has won 26.1 percent of the time in his career.
Aaron Rodgers has won 65.4 percent of the time in his career.

I'm shocked you would even compare them...(ing..)idiot
you're insinuating that franchise quarterbacks win games. I'm saying if you surround them with shit talent, not so. Bears and Packers both have garbage on offense but I would give Packers the nod, they're a little better, and the Packers under Rodgers, a proven HOF-worthy quarterback, is losing just as many games.

are we on the same page now?

ILoveDaBears

Liked Posts:
you're insinuating that franchise quarterbacks win games. I'm saying if you surround them with shit talent, not so. Bears and Packers both have garbage on offense but I would give Packers the nod, they're a little better, and the Packers under Rodgers, a proven HOF-worthy quarterback, is losing just as many games.

Great points for sure thank you! Looking back at Da Bears of 85, they had great talent all around. I do think that their dominant defense afforded the offense the opportunity to be moderate due to their opponents not scoring many points. This is really the key, I think!

What is your take on this stat? Do you feel he is great due to talent around him primarily or that he is in a super special league?
Patrick Mahomes has managed a win percentage of .795 in his career.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:

Yeah I know right it's almost like footballs a team sport?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can this be merged with the other thread?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Franchise QB's win games...
I agree but let's just wait until Poles gives him some help before spewing unrealistic hot takes. An offensive line for example that isn't offensive. A guy or two at wide out that can actually get separation and, y'know, catch it when it comes his way. Mahomes, Brady or Rogers couldn't do much better with the stiffs that Fields has to play with every week.
As far as winning...After what Poles did, and the decisions he made, it is evident that this season was never about winning. This whole season is about evaluating what the Bears have and what they can do going forward with a full compliment of draft picks and $125 million in cap space. I for one have faith that Poles will get us there.
Make no mistake though, Justin is the franchise QB.
We just need to have the patience and understanding to wait while Poles upgrades the roster.
Peace.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I look at it this way. This season is sort of a large scale training camp for the Bears players and also their coaches. We have to face it, Almost a third of the Bear's roster is below average talent. Yet the team is exciting to watch and have been in every game except one the entire season. In this process they have identified some nuggets like Sandborn who has shown he belongs next year and they've shown that they knew what they were doing with their few draft picks and free agents.