Trade Mack!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
This has nothing to do with Mack’s past performance. It’s increasing evident that in this day of the NFL, defense does not win championships. Mack is great vs average Olines and average vs good Olines. This has followed him since his rookie year. Mack has 1 move and it’s all about strength and bull rush.

The Bears need picks more than they need Mack. Trade him for a 1st rd in 2020 draft. This will open up salary cap space to get free agents while having a 1st rd pick and two low 2nd picks in 2020.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure his play in the first couple of weeks played a huge part in the Bears winning....ur comical
This team has more glaring needs, why do we need him? It clearly hasn’t helped winning the last 4 games. And he has the best value of anyone we have. He might make a difference in going 5-11 instead of 2-14.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure his play in the first couple of weeks played a huge part in the Bears winning....ur comical

He definitely helped. However vs bad Olines and bad teams. Does he hold more value to a bad team as the highest paid defensive player in the league or dumping the money for free agents and gaining draft value?

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
He definitely helped. However vs bad Olines and bad teams. Does he hold more value to a bad team as the highest paid defensive player in the league or dumping the money for free agents and gaining draft value?
Really hard to gauge his value when nobody else steps up and your big guy in the middle goes down. Pretty easy to
Double one guy when you know there’s nobody else coming. That said, you just know the Bears are gonna waste his talent and still be shitty, and if they trade him they’ll just fuck that up too somehow. I’m so fucking disappointed in this franchise.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team has more glaring needs, why do we need him? It clearly hasn’t helped winning the last 4 games. And he has the best value of anyone we have. He might make a difference in going 5-11 instead of 2-14.
Lmao....what are you talking about? He changes the offensive scheme and is a HOF pass rusher. He should remain a Bear for life...maybe when we have a offense, we can see him pin his ears back a rush the passer, until then we shouldnt be looking at a defense that was holding a team after being on the field all day.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Mack has 6.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. He’s on pace for 13 sacks and 7 forced fumbles and is leading a top 5 defense. This thread is so stupid. How do I block the OP from showing up in my future feeds?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or maybe we just got up on teams and he knew he could just rush the passer because teams became one dimensional. We play teams with bad defenses and still cant move the ball

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Lmao....what are you talking about? He changes the offensive scheme and is a HOF pass rusher. He should remain a Bear for life...maybe when we have a offense, we can see him pin his ears back a rush the passer, until then we shouldnt be looking at a defense that was holding a team after being on the field all day.
You’re not understanding, is not about him being bad. It’s about actually having an offense! We need an entire new offense and we don’t have picks! We need as much picks as we can! It’s a luxury having him here, when we still won’t win most of our games! Why do we need a HOF pass rusher when we still Can’t beat even average teams? and we have the worst offense in the league, probably in history. that makes it a very expensive luxury which we can’t afford!

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Really hard to gauge his value when nobody else steps up and your big guy in the middle goes down. Pretty easy to
Double one guy when you know there’s nobody else coming. That said, you just know the Bears are gonna waste his talent and still be shitty, and if they trade him they’ll just fuck that up too somehow. I’m so fucking disappointed in this franchise.
There is no doubt he holds high value but this team is not built to support his talent. They can’t afford his contract while trying to re-build. This is the perfect time to trade him while holding two low 2nd round picks.

Trade for 1st. Pocket the money for FA’s while having 3 picks in the top 45.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Bears are just one nfl ready QB to be competitive next year.

Any of Flacco, Mariota, Kaepernick, Keenum works. Their stocks are low, best time to buy if you the Bears.
LOL, we need an entire new offense starting with a real OC.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Mack is a commodity the Bears cant afford to have right now. Get the value in return while you can. That's if there's any teams willing to make the trade this point to take on his huge contract and giving up top draft picks.

It doesn't help that hes become invisible since Hicks went down. Hes too easy to remove from the game if opponents choose to. The way Mack was talked up by national media last year it was like he was the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. It surprised me to go to league wide forums like NFL on reddit and see a lot of people think of Mack as a joke who chokes and disappears in big games.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Mack has 6.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. He’s on pace for 13 sacks and 7 forced fumbles and is leading a top 5 defense. This thread is so stupid. How do I block the OP from showing up in my future feeds?

You completely missed the point.
Mack is a commodity the Bears cant afford to have right now. Get the value in return while you can. That's if there's any teams willing to make the trade this point to take on his huge contract and giving up top draft picks.

It doesn't help that hes become invisible since Hicks went down. Hes too easy to remove from the game if opponents choose to. The way Mack was talked up by national media last year it was like he was the second coming of Lawrence Taylor. It surprised me to go to league wide forums like NFL on reddit and see a lot of people think of Mack as a joke who chokes and disappears in big games.

He had a rep since his rookie year to be great vs bad Olines. While being average vs good Olines. I will say this guy gets doubled and tripled while the others on the Dline don’t take advanced. This compounds the fact that 1 player doesn’t change anything. It takes a platoon. Use the extra cap and 3 picks in the top 40 to make a platoon that works.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mack is a generational talent....u dont trade him. Hicks being hurt, he is getting more attention. Its funny we are talking about having guys like Floyd rushing...ummm no:what:

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trading Mack won't solve problems. The team clearly misses Hicks. But without a QB, the team is suffering, and so is Mack. If the defense wasn't on the field for 80% of the game, then Mack wouldn't look so bad. It appears Mack is at his best when we have an actual offense for him to get his rest. We don't have a pass rusher outside of Mack, so we need him. We can't take two steps back by trading Mack and having a glaring hole on defense. Yes, we need draft picks. We need a better OL. We need a better QB. But you don't create a glaring hole to fix other problems that may take a while to develop.