Trade offer...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Being offered Calvin ridley straight up for DK metcalf.

Go or no go?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sounds like a lateral move. Both have the ability to finish top 10. Who do you got ranked higher? I personally want Ridley more than Metcalf, mostly because the Falcons have the most vacated targets from last season and they throw the ball a ton. But Metcalf is a straight stud.

Moves like these never make sense to me though. I usually trade RB for WR or WR for RB etc. I might go stud WR and lesser RB for stud RB and lesser WR, but that's it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a lateral move. Both have the ability to finish top 10. Who do you got ranked higher? I personally want Ridley more than Metcalf, mostly because the Falcons have the most vacated targets from last season and they throw the ball a ton. But Metcalf is a straight stud.

Moves like these never make sense to me though. I usually trade RB for WR or WR for RB etc. I might go stud WR and lesser RB for stud RB and lesser WR, but that's it.

So let me put this out there as well. I also have Julio Jones AND Matt Ryan in that league.

I am back and forth. I can score double on the majority of Matt Ryans throws, OR I can go for the fact that I think this is the year Met breaks out. I have seen what can happen though when you double stack on WR's usually one or the other has a great game and you are stuck stewing over the decision on which one to play.

My thought is trending towards a no on the original trade offer.

However, I am thinking of a counter offer: I get D Henry and Ridley he gets J Jones and J Jacobs. My thought behind this is that I get to move from Jacobs to Henry in RB land and while I give up J Jones I get Ridley and have in my stash Diggs, Kupp, and AJ Green. All are on the bench behind DK, and Godwin (in my flex spot.) He will roundly reject this counter offer I suspect.

As I think about this I am not sure that I want to even offer that trade as I think Jacobs is a beast and I have talent sitting on my bench already at wide out. not sure what to do.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If you have Julio already, then I wouldn't do it. I personally wouldn't go for ridley/henry either because I think Jacobs/julio is the better combo. I'm personally not big on Henry though. It seems the Titans kind of forget they have him for half a season. He seems real game script dependent.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm with IJPH. If you didn't have Julio, I'd say accept it. But you don't want to double up Julio/Calvin. Could be great some weeks, but if they have a dud you're fucked

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm with IJPH. If you didn't have Julio, I'd say accept it. But you don't want to double up Julio/Calvin. Could be great some weeks, but if they have a dud you're fucked

Not to mention the added risk of multiple players from one team catching COVID. You'd be absolutely fucked.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'd do it. I'm really bullish on the Falcons this year. They will be down, so in a passing game script.

IMHO Ridley is just better than Metcalf and the triple stack will help more than it hurts.

The risk would be an injury to Matt Ryan. It would effectively ruin 3 of your starters.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Not to mention the added risk of multiple players from one team catching COVID. You'd be absolutely fucked.
With Fantasy I like taking big swings. The 'diversified, high floor' players are nice, but typically leave you getting in the playoffs, but not winning.

This strategy absolutely has some boom/bust to it, but if it hits you'll win 1/2 your games on that stack alone.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
With Fantasy I like taking big swings. The 'diversified, high floor' players are nice, but typically leave you getting in the playoffs, but not winning.

This strategy absolutely has some boom/bust to it, but if it hits you'll win 1/2 your games on that stack alone.

I'd agree if metcalf wasn't also a boom bust guy tied to a better and more efficient qb with limited options. It's pretty much just metcalf and lockett in Seattle. And I believe metcalf led or was near the top of the league in end zone attempts last season.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'd agree if metcalf wasn't also a boom bust guy tied to a better and more efficient qb with limited options. It's pretty much just metcalf and lockett in Seattle. And I believe metcalf led or was near the top of the league in end zone attempts last season.
Yep. Got a Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf stack going in DFS this week.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yep. Got a Wilson/Lockett/Metcalf stack going in DFS this week.

Was thinking of the same thing LMAO. That's a great game for stacking IMO.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yeah, seems lateral to me. Probably comes down to who you think is going to be more consistent.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
OBJ + L. Fournette
Vs
A. Miller + M. Ingram

I am not sure I see the upside on either side of that trade.

If you are getting OBJ, the upside is they trade him to a team that has a QB I suppose, and that fournette becomes serviceable somehow.

If that is what you are giving, then you are praying that AntMill has shoulders this season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
OBJ + L. Fournette
Vs
A. Miller + M. Ingram

Ugh. I guess I'd rather have OBJ's upside. Ingram didn't look very good the couple times I saw him. Admittingly, they were blowing the doors off the Browns and didn't need to use him much, but it's fairly concerning Dobbins was getting the goal line work. OBJ at least still seeing targets, albeit uncatchable ones. We might have to start coming to terms that OBJ isn't that guy anymore. Of course, the Ravens DBs are really freaking good, but it just looked like the same shit from last season.

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:
I am not sure I see the upside on either side of that trade.

If you are getting OBJ, the upside is they trade him to a team that has a QB I suppose, and that fournette becomes serviceable somehow.

If that is what you are giving, then you are praying that AntMill has shoulders this season.

I guess a good point to make is my WR class is currently: hopkins(8), Metcalf(6), Lockette(6), Cupp(9), Ruggs(6) and OBJ(9). While my running backs are Mack(out), Montgomery, Hines and Fournette.

I feel the upgrade to Ingram for LF is worth it but also I can hold on and flip OBJ elsewhere for better

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I guess a good point to make is my WR class is currently: hopkins(8), Metcalf(6), Lockette(6), Cupp(9), Ruggs(6) and OBJ(9). While my running backs are Mack(out), Montgomery, Hines and Fournette.

I feel the upgrade to Ingram for LF is worth it but also I can hold on and flip OBJ elsewhere for better

I think you can get more for OBJ. Maybe someone's down on Ekeler (I'm not big on him this season, but I'd take him for OBJ). Or maybe work a deal where you get Dobbins and Dobbins seems like the toss in. It's one of my favorite moves. Trade a big name for a decent name, then have them throw in the sleeper you really want to "even" the deal. Something like Le'Veon Bell/Dobbins for OBJ as an example. Maybe not that exact deal, maybe more along the lines of a Connor/Dobbins or Carson/Dobbins and then "up" the deal with Fournette if they balk.

More than anything though, you need to find a team that is weak at WR and strong at RB. I'd look at the guy that lost Thomas, Golladay, or Godwin first and see what you can get. Especially Thomas. He should be out a few weeks.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OBJ + L. Fournette
Vs
A. Miller + M. Ingram
I think you're selling OBJ/Fournette to low. I would sit on both of them. Easy to freak out after week 1, but I would hold for at least 4 weeks.

To me, you're giving up some high upside guys (OBJ/Fournette) for a couple of guys that have a pretty low floor.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think you're selling OBJ/Fournette to low. I would sit on both of them. Easy to freak out after week 1, but I would hold for at least 4 weeks.

To me, you're giving up some high upside guys (OBJ/Fournette) for a couple of guys that have a pretty low floor.

If I could sell Fournette, I probably would take what I could get. I think that backfield ends up being an unusable mess. Maybe I get burned, but I'd rather let that be someone else's problem.