Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
In what league can you play 4 RBs? 2RB and 2 Flex?

Either way - I do like how your team looks with zeke/taylor/chubb and CMC. CMC should be back soon. I will be honest though - I do not know anything about Chubbs injury or when he will be back. I don't have him in any leagues.

I'm assuming your WRs are stacked since you're willing to part with Godwin?

Yeah, I have 2 RBs and 2 Flex. Chubb is likely out 6 weeks. Right now I've got Ridley, Lockett, Diontae Johnson, and I'd want Anderson back with CMC. I think you guys might be sleeping on how good Anderson's been. I know he looks like a toss in here, but I'm banking on him keeping up his current production.

I'm trying to get it in before CMC comes back, which might be next week or the week after.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah, I have 2 RBs and 2 Flex. Chubb is likely out 6 weeks. Right now I've got Ridley, Lockett, Diontae Johnson, and I'd want Anderson back with CMC. I think you guys might be sleeping on how good Anderson's been. I know he looks like a toss in here, but I'm banking on him keeping up his current production.

I'm trying to get it in before CMC comes back, which might be next week or the week after.

poaching all the injured RB’s eh? Praying on the weak?! Lol, it’s a smart move. With CMC I’d be slightly worried about him not being 100% or getting hurt again...but seems to be worth the gamble, as if it pans out you’ll be stacked come playoff time. I do think Godwin if he can stay healthy will have some monster weeks, but if you’re comfortable with your WR core without him, I’d pull the trigger on the deal

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
poaching all the injured RB’s eh? Praying on the weak?! Lol, it’s a smart move. With CMC I’d be slightly worried about him not being 100% or getting hurt again...but seems to be worth the gamble, as if it pans out you’ll be stacked come playoff time. I do think Godwin if he can stay healthy will have some monster weeks, but if you’re comfortable with your WR core without him, I’d pull the trigger on the deal

It's what I do when my team's off to a hot start. Try to poach players from struggling teams. Sucks when I'm the guy that's struggling though lol. I try to offer players that I'd probably accept if I were on the other side, because I have been on the other side.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It's what I do when my team's off to a hot start. Try to poach players from struggling teams. Sucks when I'm the guy that's struggling though lol. I try to offer players that I'd probably accept if I were on the other side, because I have been on the other side.

for sure, I try and do the same thing. Buy low on guys you know will be back eventually. try and find guys that need your position of strength and offload a guy you’d hardly use anyways if at all. Sometimes it works, sometimes you just don’t have what they need/want.

im crushing it in the ccs league, but my other league I just got my first win after trading cook and deebo for ARob and Jonathan Taylor. I had to try something, and I think it worked. Off to a great start this week as well. The guy last week that had Julio go down was the catalyst I needed to get some momentum going. I’ll be mentioning it to my buddy when I end up in the playoffs as to how he fucked up by not putting the foot on my throat when he had the chance!

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Dude in my league lost every RB to IR. Seriously. Every. Single. One. Thinking about offering him Hunt/Godwin/Kelley for McCaffrey and Robby Anderson. Thoughts? I have Elliott/Taylor at RB and just traded for Chubb. I have Dobbins and Akers, but they're just long term stashes at this point.

@Burque @HawkBear @gpphat @knoxville7

It's a gamble on CMC getting back to form after injury, but you have good enough RB's that you can take that gamble. The drop off from a healthy Godwin to Anderson isn't as bad as it sounds. He is getting the targets and still getting big plays with him now having competent qb play

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Alright need a think tank right now. In my main league I am 0-3, been dealing with injuries and bad luck in playing a top 3 scoring team the first 2 weeks. Here is my roster:

QB - Lamar Jackson
RB - Joe Mixon, Mostert, Akers, Gore, Hyde, (Leveon Bell and Damien Harris on IR)
WR - Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown, Darius Slayton, Curtis Samuel, Laviska Shenault, KJ Hamler, Randall Cobb
TE - Jimmy Graham

This is a keeper league where you keep the player in the round you draft them. And we allow draft pick trading.

I was just offered a 2nd round pick for Stefon Diggs. I drafted Diggs in the 6th. I am trying to decide if I should take the offer.

Diggs has been great, but I may be able to still turn things around with my current roster if Jackson can get back to last years form and pick up a 2nd round pick next year.

Thoughts?

CC: @Novak @Burque @HawkBear @ijustposthere @knoxville7 @Stephen_Roto @dabears70

So as you know I ended up trading diggs for the second. Now the Kamara owner said in a group chat that he would trade him for a 1st and 2nd. At the time I didn't think he was serious so I said what about 2 2nd's. He responded privately saying he was serious.

I finally got a win thanks to Mixon last week and am only a game behind the division leader. Would I be crazy to trade him my 1st and the other 2nd I got from Diggs for Kamara?

@HawkBear @ijustposthere @knoxville7 @Novak @dabears70

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's a gamble on CMC getting back to form after injury, but you have good enough RB's that you can take that gamble. The drop off from a healthy Godwin to Anderson isn't as bad as it sounds. He is getting the targets and still getting big plays with him now having competent qb play

I don't think he's gonna take it. I sent the offer though

So as you know I ended up trading diggs for the second. Now the Kamara owner said in a group chat that he would trade him for a 1st and 2nd. At the time I didn't think he was serious so I said what about 2 2nd's. He responded privately saying he was serious.

I finally got a win thanks to Mixon last week and am only a game behind the division leader. Would I be crazy to trade him my 1st and the other 2nd I got from Diggs for Kamara?

So you're 1-3 right now? For him, I'd probably take the gamble. If you think he's going to turn your season around. That will fucking suck if it doesn't pay off and you give up a high draft pick. Kamara is also on bye next week. If you start to fall off, you can always flip him later to a contender though.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think he's gonna take it. I sent the offer though

So you're 1-3 right now? For him, I'd probably take the gamble. If you think he's going to turn your season around. That will fucking suck if it doesn't pay off and you give up a high draft pick. Kamara is also on bye next week. If you start to fall off, you can always flip him later to a contender though.
I'm leaning towards not doing it...my team is starting to get healthy and I'm just a game behind the division leader and the number 1 team is 3-1, so only 2 games behind him.

If Mixon can do half of what he did last week on a more consistent basis and Bell is getting the carries and Mostert stays healthy I think my team can string together some wins. The team I play this week just traded away A Jones, Tyreek, and Chark for picks so he is in full tank mode.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm leaning towards not doing it...my team is starting to get healthy and I'm just a game behind the division leader and the number 1 team is 3-1, so only 2 games behind him.

If Mixon can do half of what he did last week on a more consistent basis and Bell is getting the carries and Mostert stays healthy I think my team can string together some wins. The team I play this week just traded away A Jones, Tyreek, and Chark for picks so he is in full tank mode.

Yeah, you should be fine with those RBs actually. I was assuming Mixon was all you had.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

id be pretty against giving up a 1st rounder for anyone. I’d offer him the two 2nd rounders at most. I’m assuming kamara would be your one keeper for next season then? Curious who your top player is currently

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
id be pretty against giving up a 1st rounder for anyone. I’d offer him the two 2nd rounders at most. I’m assuming kamara would be your one keeper for next season then? Curious who your top player is currently

I think if you're getting that top guy in return, it's worth it. I'm more about the 2nd pick. That's hard for me. But, if you're all in, gotta take chances.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think if you're getting that top guy in return, it's worth it. I'm more about the 2nd pick. That's hard for me. But, if you're all in, gotta take chances.

yeah, my concern is that you’re giving up the pick in the 5th week of this season. Like say that top guy gets hurt in week 11. Or more specifically what happens to kamaras production if Brees retires after this year. Just a lot can happen between now and the fantasy draft of 2021

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yeah, my concern is that you’re giving up the pick in the 5th week of this season. Like say that top guy gets hurt in week 11. Or more specifically what happens to kamaras production if Brees retires after this year. Just a lot can happen between now and the fantasy draft of 2021

Every trade can backfire though. Most moves have unknown risk. Like I told my cousin, who was afraid of losing a trade, you got to have balls to make trades.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So held my ground and he said he was down with 2 2nds...but he then said "and obviously this is for next week". I told if he wants the deal guaranteed it has to be this week, otherwise we can just scrap this until next week.

So ended up losing and he had dak as his Qb, so gonna try and work a deal that sends him Lamar and I can upgrade somewhere else

Last edited:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So held my ground and he said he was down with 2 2nds...but he then said "and obviously this is for next week". I told if he wants the deal guaranteed it has to be this week, otherwise we can just scrap this until next week.

So ended up losing and he had dak as his Qb, so gonna try and work a deal that sends him Lamar and I can upgrade somewhere else

Thinking of offering Jackson and Bell for Thielen and McLaurin to see what he counters with. I think Jackson and Julio May get the job done

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Thinking of offering Jackson and Bell for Thielen and McLaurin to see what he counters with. I think Jackson and Julio May get the job done

I traded Matt Ryan and Henderson for Lamar Jackson.

I think it is a win win as Matt Ryan isn't getting me anywhere and I think that Lamar has the greater upside. Also, she needed a running back and Lamar was her bench warmer as she is riding Josh Allen. So basically I gave her Matt Ryan as a bye week cover and Henderson for Lamar.

It also clears up a spot on my roster that I can use to find other talent, of which there is a bunch as this is an 8 man league.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I traded Matt Ryan and Henderson for Lamar Jackson.

I think it is a win win as Matt Ryan isn't getting me anywhere and I think that Lamar has the greater upside. Also, she needed a running back and Lamar was her bench warmer as she is riding Josh Allen. So basically I gave her Matt Ryan as a bye week cover and Henderson for Lamar.

It also clears up a spot on my roster that I can use to find other talent, of which there is a bunch as this is an 8 man league.

He offered me DJ Moore and Minshew for Jackson, I'm thinking of countering with Jackson for Thielen

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So Thielen/Minshew for Jackson is what you're thinking? Seems reasonable.

Would Minshew be your starter? I don't know if I love that BUT I've been successful of basically streaming QBs all year. Pretty much just pick up whoever is playing ATL has been working lol. Sorry if you've discussed this, I get lost in all the trade talk.

Doing waivers this morning for 3 leagues with injuries, byes, COVID made my head hurt lol