Trade With Florida

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Please someone whomst has heard of any of these guys, let me know what to think of this trade.

In the absence of further evidence, I will assume Stan the Lesser is predictably regressing to his mean (retreads, Nylander, Hino, ugh).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprising. Especially since Wallmark was just on waivers.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Please someone whomst has heard of any of these guys, let me know what to think of this trade.

In the absence of further evidence, I will assume Stan the Lesser is predictably regressing to his mean (retreads, Nylander, Hino, ugh).
We got a 7th round pick ?

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Connolly is a third line mucker.
Stillman isn't anything better then carlsson.
Borg may or may not be a talent.

Connolly is a knock off Andrew Ladd when he wants to be. That isn't a bad get.

Stillman makes no sense. He's as meh as it gets.

Borg was rushed two years ago into a second line role but is back playing over seas and having a solid season. Uncle Dale almost ruined this kid.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't mind this at all. Think Connolly had 22 a couple years ago, and he's big. Borgstrom might be the real get

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He must be a defensive liability or Q wouldn't let a kid with skill go for what the Hawks gave up. I don't know what Florida's cap situation is but this looks like a bit of a salary dump. Probably trying to get out from under Connolly's contract.

He has skeeels

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
Borg was 21 then dont know if that was rushed, they gave him a long look he is a tease just like Nylander struggles to play defensively and play every shift but he has talent.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
He must be a defensive liability or Q wouldn't let a kid with skill go for what the Hawks gave up. I don't know what Florida's cap situation is but this looks like a bit of a salary dump. Probably trying to get out from under Connolly's contract.

He has skeeels
Borg? Borg has sick hands. He just can't deke out nhl defenseman. And yes, he's Strome bad in his own zone.

Still, he is a good skater, is fast for a player of his size, and has a good shot.

How much did Q ruin his confidence tho....

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
well the objective is to stockpile prospects just gotta hit on a couple

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
yes to take Connolly they got Borg also, Connolly has some size that they are desperate for

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I seen a LOT of Panthers hockey so far and the rumors were,it would take one good or a few decent picks for a team to take Connolly's(who's dressed 21 times so far)3.5M hit until '23' but SB went with the prospect instead. Brogborg had three kicks at the can with Fla before he ended up back in Europe but he's another Euro and another team's failed 1st round pick......SB loves those. Maybe he can center Nolander next year.
Stillman's a rugged #7 D-man who won't see the light of day here,if Mitchell and Beaudin can't draw in,he sure as hell won't.

Carlsson is a defense first D-man and Hawks staff has little use for those guys,a shot in Fla might work wonders for the soon to be 24yro.....he had no chance here.
Walmart was hot garbage who cleared so no loss.

This isn't a terrible trade since little was given up but if the 23yro center doesn't make it.........we're payin' Brett 'Buyout' Connally 7M for shits and giggles.

Fantasy Take: Connolly, Stillman, Borgstrom traded to Chicago – DobberHockey

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Stan bleating a couple months ago about using his vet capital for picks and prospects and all we have are a question mark in Borg and a couple guys who might not even translate into this wierd system JC has?

Bravo, Stan. Toronto was giving away first round picks and Jarmo is looking like a genius right now getting them.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I hate Bowman as much as the next guy, but this trade is fine. We already have a plethora of prospect depth at D (which we still have as the deal involves another D prospect coming back), Carlsson's stock was dropping, you bolster your center prospect depth with Borgstrom. Wallstrom sucked here and he wasn't going to be re-signed anyway, so at least Stan got something for him.

You never know how truly good a trade will be until the players pan out or not, but in the present, it isn't a horrible move for a rebuilding team. This move is actually encouraging in my view because it shows that Bowman gets that he should be rebuilding and stockpiling picks/prospects. The Hawks got the best piece of the trade with Borgstrom, who is a former first round pick.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate Bowman as much as the next guy, but this trade is fine. We already have a plethora of prospect depth at D (which we still have as the deal involves another D prospect coming back), Carlsson's stock was dropping, you bolster your center prospect depth with Borgstrom. Wallstrom sucked here and he wasn't going to be re-signed anyway, so at least Stan got something for him.

You never know how truly good a trade will be until the players pan out or not, but in the present, it isn't a horrible move for a rebuilding team. This move is actually encouraging in my view because it shows that Bowman gets that he should be rebuilding and stockpiling picks/prospects. The Hawks got the best piece of the trade with Borgstrom, who is a former first round pick.
I agree,Borgstrom is POTENTIALLY the get for the Hawks as is the 3.5MX2 in cap relief for a player who didn't play is for the Cats. I don't see Carlsson playing there after Fla got Montour,Stillman might see a bit of action here and Walmark might see a bit of action there but the trade was basically taking Connolly's deal for the center prospect. IMO next year is make or break for Borgstrom....he'll be 24 when it starts. If the big Finn center breaks through,it would give the team three big,young centers and if he doesn't,he doesn't.....Connolly's money can and probably will be bought out regardless.