Training camp 8/25 official tweets and news

msadows

Liked Posts:
Its obvious what nagy is doing.

He knows this squad is not very good, he also knows we have a very hard schedule. If he starts dalton and we go 0-3 he can fall back on putting fields out there to help save his job.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:

He knows this squad is not very good, he also knows we have a very hard schedule. If he starts dalton and we go 0-3 he can fall back on putting fields out there to help save his job.
It won't save his job if his offense still sucks which it will.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Honestly, the smart decision is to start Fields at QB week 1 or maybe even week 2. If they lose games with Dalton, there will always be hindsight criticism not playing Fields. Especially if it's the end of the season and the Bears miss the play-off by a game or two because they "wasted" those games on starting Dalton. I'm not saying that that happens, but you open yourself to the possibility if you do start Dalton.

But if you start Fields, you have the scenario of giving your team the best chance to win or at the very least, giving your future at QB development experience. There really is no legit criticism for that decision.
Fields should start he is clearly the best option. Obviously he will make stupid rookie mistakes. My only concern is what negative impact will Nagy have on him. Nagy most likely will fail this year and be fired. Will things get so bad that Fields confidence will be shaken? Probably not if Fields' past is any indication. He seems to thrive off adversity.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nagy's a clown. I'm happy after 3-4 years that your offense is ready to take off with either of your first year QB's you dumb shit.
who is the bigger dumb shit

the dumb shit

or the dumb shit who hired him?

msadows

Liked Posts:
It won't save his job if his offense still sucks which it will.

Ohh, i know this. He, however, doesn't.

the guy is still telling people that his offense takes time to learn when he's been here 4 years now.

I'm fairly certain creepy ass trestmans offense was much more complex than nagy's and the team had no issue being a top unit in the mid 2010's in one year.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I think throwing Dalton out there vs the rams D and Donald is wise. Fields will get his shot sooner than later, unless Dalton somehow has this team with a winning record after 3 weeks. In which case, no rush until he starts sucking then he gone

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think throwing Dalton out there vs the rams D and Donald is wise. Fields will get his shot sooner than later, unless Dalton somehow has this team with a winning record after 3 weeks. In which case, no rush until he starts sucking then he gone

Fields is faster than pretty much anyone on their defense.

Donald has been neutralized by our shitty line pretty much every time we've faced him since nagy got here.

I'd just put fields in. That game is a loss either way. Honestly, I'd just stick him in there. The games won't get any more challenging than week one from an offensive standpoint. If he passes that test, his life's gonna be easy in the NFL.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why? Why is it wise? We can’t protect Fields from every good defensive team forever

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The pats and 49ers HCs are focused on their organization’s futures and QBs development, Nagy just wants to be right about what he is doing and saying. It reminds me of someone here
I think another poster here said it best about Nagy: he’s stuck between honoring a promise to Dalton about starting when he recruited him here and then miraculously having Fields land in his lap.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

But if Fields does well and the team goes 9-8 or something like that, he’ll be under a lot of heat for not playing fields earlier.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think another poster here said it best about Nagy: he’s stuck between honoring a promise to Dalton about starting when he recruited him here and then miraculously having Fields land in his lap.
Dalton has been in the league for 10 years, fuck his promises

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I never really took Nagy as a bullshitter. I'm more took it like a guy who knows he's out of his depth and is saying whatever he thinks he has to to try to hang on to his job for as long as possible.

It's not that he wants to BS everyone; it's that he doesn't know how to actually get things to a point where he doesn't have to....
After 4 years of doing his gig, after taxes, the dude has 5 million EZ in the bank. I'd be bullshitting too.