Training Camp - 8/6

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Just because they're similar in size doesn't mean you can just insert Player A in Player B's position. I mean it's a little more complex than high and weight.
Let's look at this.

We are talking about Patterson being inserted into the TE position, but not just the TE position but the Burton TE position which is a very specific position with specific needs.

Burton is faster then normal TEs (check for Patterson), is more athletic than normal TEs (check for Patterson), is a bigger weapon in the passing game than most normal TEs (check for Patterson) but is a liability as a blocker (sadly, this is also true for Patterson).

I believe that Patterson is way more athletic than Burton. He has also played the WR, RB and I believe he also played TE before.

I am not saying go all in on Patterson as the next great TE of the NFL, but give him a shot to be at least a possible injury replacement for Burton.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
In Trubisky's after practice presser he did for the media yesterday he brought up how the defense gets to practice against the same play calls over and over and over again to where they start knowing what the offensive players are gonna run which would obviously make it much easier for the defense to know how to play the coverage so we have to remember things like that when Trubs or any of our QB's throw INT's and balls that the defender gets their hand on or whatever. Remember that Nagy doesn't run a lot of his plays when the fans and media are out there because he doesn't want that stuff out there for other teams to see.

I remembered that, and Trubisky still made a bad pass for the very specific reasons I stated. Cool story, bro.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Let's look at this.

We are talking about Patterson being inserted into the TE position, but not just the TE position but the Burton TE position which is a very specific position with specific needs.

Burton is faster then normal TEs (check for Patterson), is more athletic than normal TEs (check for Patterson), is a bigger weapon in the passing game than most normal TEs (check for Patterson) but is a liability as a blocker (sadly, this is also true for Patterson).

I believe that Patterson is way more athletic than Burton. He has also played the WR, RB and I believe he also played TE before.

I am not saying go all in on Patterson as the next great TE of the NFL, but give him a shot to be at least a possible injury replacement for Burton.
Wimms at TE is the answer = HOF Getr done Nagy.