Training camp official Tuesday 8/3 thread for tweets

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not trying to be an ass, but how's Rashawn Slater relevant?
You're not being an ass; it's a fair question. I only mention it in the context of how other rookie tackles are doing. It's also kinda fun to watch people spin-the-fuck out lol. Carry-on.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
where are the retards who were talking shit when we were concerned with the word 'tightness'
It may have been too early to declare a fail but concern was always warranted considering his history.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only way you sign a tackle now is if you know something about injuries more than you are letting on
My guess at this point is a bulging disk and something they thought they could manage until next offseason. It less unusual for the position than we may expect but if this was known before the draft, it doesn't reflect well on Pace. That said, If this were the case, you'd think they would have signed Moses when he visited.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess at this point is a bulging disk and something they thought they could manage until next offseason. It less unusual for the position than we may expect but if this was known before the draft, it doesn't reflect well on Pace. That said, If this were the case, you'd think they would have signed Moses when he visited.
I'm not going to speculate on what the actual issue is. It could very well be a pulled muscle. Who knows. I leave the guessing up to the people that don't mind being spectacularly wrong.

If the Bears start signing tackles then we can surmise something may be up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only way you sign a tackle now is if you know something about injuries more than you are letting on

Even if you do I would still wait until we see what we have. We only have enough money to pay for one emergency signing so better get it right. You blow it on oft injured Okung and he goes down then you really are fucked.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Even beyond Jenkins' back....Is he ready to be a LT in the NFL. I think that is the bigger question.
No. He was placed in that position for dumb reasons

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
I am getting more and more comfortable with Dalton being our starter…. at least for the early part of the season…. now that it is becoming clear our Oline is going to be a problem.

No need to have Fields out there getting smashed, seeing ghosts and running for his life. Plenty of young QB’s have been ruined this way.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I am getting more and more comfortable with Dalton being our starter…. at least for the early part of the season…. now that it is becoming clear our Oline is going to be a problem.

No need to have Fields out there getting smashed, seeing ghosts and running for his life. Plenty of young QB’s have been ruined this way.
Also Dalton has played fairly well from all reports.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I still would not freak out on Tevin Jenkins yet at least injury-wise.
It appears as if they are testing him out to see how he holds up under activity. He did the sled yesterday and they want to see how his back reacts. I think by the end of the week will will know if there is a bigger issue at play.

I think the oline as a whole is an issue talent-wise.
That’s how I see it. He will be fine, just being extra cautious. Takes away from practicing but hey, it is what it is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
None of us know but to be fair to the Bear, he got through rookie camp and OTAs without any indications that something was wrong.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of us know but to be fair to the Bear, he got through rookie camp and OTAs without any indications that something was wrong.
That we know of. The staff may’ve known.

Or he may’ve tweaked something lifting day 1 of camp.